Re: Age Issues...Thanks

  • nanoglitch_2000
    Message 1 of 11222 , Jun 1, 2001
      Thanks for the overwhelming response to my
      message. I have just a few things to add in light of the
      wisdom you imparted to me. I have already extensively
      researched pipe-smoking and had already made up my mind. I
      knew of the cancer risks and I also knew that
      statistically, pipe smokers live longer. I had already taken
      into account the legal issues and the endangerment of
      tobacconists. I would simply smoke in private and obtain
      tobacco second-hand. I posted the message to see where
      public opinion was. I've never considered smoking
      anything besides pipes. Cigarettes revolt me and I don't
      care for the smell of cigars. I love the aroma of pipe
      tobacco and hold an aesthetic fondness for pipes. I never
      thought of smoking to "look cool". My interest in pipes
      is simply for their flavor and relaxation factor.
      Once again, I thank you for all your responses and
      hope this message helps you understand my interest in
      pipes.
    • Randy W.
      Message 11222 of 11222 , Dec 25, 2010
        Thanks for the info. Ya know, for a medium it has a lot of flavor. I would have thought it was full strength. Makes me wonder what my reaction would have been towards the full strength? I like Latakia, but not to the point where it's all you can taste. I bought some C & D stuff, Odyssey - I think it's called, and I didn't care for it, but I used it as an inhancer for some blends I thought were lacking something and it was pretty good smoked that way.

        Randy W...