[Pipe smokers] Re: OT: changing Windows 98 shortcut keys

  • Captn Dan
    Message 1 of 24 , Aug 1, 2004
      LMAO!

      Just imagine what I could have come up with if I had smoked a bowlful
      of RY in a big ol' honkin' Pete before I answered...

      Dan - Smoking Righteous Tobacco to appease Ted ;-)
      Raven's Wing in a Brebbia

      <danvaughan142@y...>
      > wrote:
      > > You see Ted, he thanked me because I approached the problem
      > > with 'thinking', as opposed to just tossing out the first
      solution
      > > that came into my head. Never mind the fact that the haphazardly
      > > offered suggestion was right. Facts just confuse the issue anyway.
      > >
      > > Just for the record, had none of my ideas worked, I was fully
      > > prepared to break out the big guns - that's right, I was all set
      > > load up a bowl in a Peterson. Remember, the thinking man smokes a
      > > Peterson pipe. That would have brought about some answers, I can
      > > assure you. ;-)
      > >
      > > Dan
      > >
      > > --- In pipesmokers2@yahoogroups.com, "stogieiv" <stogieiv@c...>
      > wrote:
      > > > Hmmm...if I recall I suggested you re-boot Jud, so what's with
      > > > thanking Dan? :-)
      > > > Ted
      > > >

      > > > --- In pipesmokers2@yahoogroups.com, "Jud Cole" <ajcole@a...>
      > > > <danvaughan142@y...>
      > > is
      > > > the

      > > changed.
      > > > They
      > > > named

      > or
      > > > easily

      > sure
      > > it
      > > anti-

      > > Once
      > > > that
      > one
      > > > down
      > > > deleted or

      > It
      > > > will
      > this
      > > is

      > > of
      > > > the
      > > of
      > > > your
      > > No
      > it
      > > > isn't
      > > with

    • =Sunjammer=

        Message 3 of 24 , Aug 1, 2004
          Well yeah, but thos would be way further down the troubleshooting
          chart...

          Dang it, my lighter isn't lighting... maybe it needs new drivers?

          Dan

          --- In pipesmokers2@yahoogroups.com, "=Sunjammer=" <danatek@b...>
          wrote:
          > Hi Dan,
          > A bowl of RY to enhance PC troubleshooting abilities? You probably
          would have suggested checking the hard drive fluid levels and
          replacing the timing chain on the modem!
          > :-)
          > =SJ=
          >
          > LMAO!
          >
          > Just imagine what I could have come up with if I had smoked a
          bowlful
          > of RY in a big ol' honkin' Pete before I answered...
          >
          > Dan - Smoking Righteous Tobacco to appease Ted ;-)
          > Raven's Wing in a Brebbia

        • =Sunjammer=
          Message 4 of 24 , Aug 1, 2004
            If it's naptha fluid fired, make sure you have all the latest patches installed. If it's a butane, try turning it off and 'cold-rebooting' it!
            :-)
            =SJ=

            wrote:
            > Hi Dan,
            > A bowl of RY to enhance PC troubleshooting abilities? You probably
            would have suggested checking the hard drive fluid levels and
            replacing the timing chain on the modem!
            > :-)
            > =SJ=

          • Captn Dan
            Message 5 of 24 , Aug 1, 2004
              It's an older style butane - with the original RS-232 interface! I
              was using a USB adapter. Pitched the adapter and went back to the
              original interface with the DOS drivers. It lit. But I think it has a
              virus... It caused a horrible taste in my pipe... Oh wait, that's not
              a lighter virus - it's just Bob's Chocolate Flake.

              ;-)
              Dan

              (Nice to see I'm not the only one up this time of morning!)

              wrote:
              > If it's naptha fluid fired, make sure you have all the latest
              patches installed. If it's a butane, try turning it off and 'cold-
              rebooting' it!
              > :-)
              > =SJ=
              >
              > Well yeah, but thos would be way further down the troubleshooting
              > chart...
              >
              > Dang it, my lighter isn't lighting... maybe it needs new drivers?
              >
              > Dan
              >
              > --- In pipesmokers2@yahoogroups.com, "=Sunjammer=" <danatek@b...>
              > wrote:
              > > Hi Dan,
              > > A bowl of RY to enhance PC troubleshooting abilities? You
              probably
              > would have suggested checking the hard drive fluid levels and
              > replacing the timing chain on the modem!
              > > :-)
              > > =SJ=

            • Joe H
              Message 6 of 24 , Aug 1, 2004
                Geessse, I hope Ed isn't reading this - if he is, he's probably looking for the dipstick on his hard drive. The timing chain is easy to replace - it is just a #10 rubber band. I check mine every 3 months, replace every 6 months, even if it looks good.

                =Sunjammer= <danatek@...> wrote:Hi Dan,
                A bowl of RY to enhance PC troubleshooting abilities? You probably would have suggested checking the hard drive fluid levels and replacing the timing chain on the modem!
                :-)
                =SJ=

                LMAO!

                Just imagine what I could have come up with if I had smoked a bowlful
                of RY in a big ol' honkin' Pete before I answered...

                Dan - Smoking Righteous Tobacco to appease Ted ;-)
                Raven's Wing in a Brebbia

                Yahoo! Groups Links

              • Jud Cole
                Message 7 of 24 , Aug 1, 2004