Re: eBay Miracle

  • pipeart38555
    Message 1 of 11222 , Dec 1, 2000
      Tell me about it! Dick, I'll have to admit that I
      was one of those people. Back in the mid seventies I
      purchased a half dozen pipes from the original Smoker's
      Haven in Columbus and I had their crew break them in
      for me. When they were well seasoned, they shipped
      them to me. They didn't charge me extra.<br><br>Lately
      I've been acquiring Don Carlos pipes and am delighted
      to find they need very little if any break-in. They
      smoke sweet and mellow right from the first bowl. I
      don't know how they do it, but it's amazing! (And no, I
      don't work for Don Carlos or anyone else, I'm retired,
      but just thought I should pass this on to all you
      fellow puffers who might be interested).<br><br>Art
    • Randy W.
      Message 11222 of 11222 , Dec 25, 2010
        Thanks for the info. Ya know, for a medium it has a lot of flavor. I would have thought it was full strength. Makes me wonder what my reaction would have been towards the full strength? I like Latakia, but not to the point where it's all you can taste. I bought some C & D stuff, Odyssey - I think it's called, and I didn't care for it, but I used it as an inhancer for some blends I thought were lacking something and it was pretty good smoked that way.

        Randy W...