Re: Sometimes close counts in e-bay, too.

  • Steve
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 30, 2004
      The purchase of the dress will pay dividends on later pipe auctions.
      You can throw that back at your wife if she objects to a pipe
      purchase: "Don't forget that red dress . . . ". You could milk that
      for a long time if you play your cards right.

      Steve

      --- In pipesmokers2@yahoogroups.com, "Gae Richards" <chase444@o...>
      wrote:

      > Dear...Look at it this way,
      >
      > "Now" you'll really score those PAD & TAD point's ;-)
      >
      > Surely,this should be good for at least 6 pipe's!
      >
      > Gae.
      >

      > -- In pipesmokers2@yahoogroups.com, "cuervo_31031"
      > <cuervo_31031@y...> wrote:
      > > Well, the winner of the $500 dress auction suddenly decided she
      > > didn't want it as bad as she thought she did. The seller has now
      > > offered it to me. Why doesn't that ever happen on the pipe
      > auctions
      > > I narrowly lose? The offer came in my private email so I could
      > keep
      > > my mouth shut, avoid the poor house, bid on the pipes I've been
      > > watching, buy an "Old Boy", and feel like a bum. I could go
      ahead
      > > and buy her the dress, accumulate huge piles of brownie points,
      > and
      > > sit back and wait for the bank account recovers enough to redeem
      > > them.
      > > Sam, heading for the poor house.
      > > My wife is a nurse in a cardiac catheterization unit. Her
      > hospital
      > > is sponsoring a "Red Dress" formal ball for womens heart
      health.
      > It
      > > will be attended by many dignitaries including the governor, his
      > > wife, and Laura Bush. She was hoping to wear this dress. Told
      me
      > > last night that she didn't even want to go now. So I guess I am
      > > headed to the poor house.
    • Joe H
      Message 2 of 9 , May 1 7:18 AM
        Yeah, true, but because he raised the bid above what she was willing to pay for the dress, he's got to be careful with future pipe auctions to show he is very value consious - both with underbidding the value and losing a few, and overbidding on a few and having to explain each one against that dress. His challenges are definately ahead of him.

        wrote:

        > Dear...Look at it this way,
        >
        > "Now" you'll really score those PAD & TAD point's ;-)
        >
        > Surely,this should be good for at least 6 pipe's!
        >
        > Gae.
        >

        > -- In pipesmokers2@yahoogroups.com, "cuervo_31031"
        > wrote:
        > > Well, the winner of the $500 dress auction suddenly decided she
        > > didn't want it as bad as she thought she did. The seller has now
        > > offered it to me. Why doesn't that ever happen on the pipe
        > auctions
        > > I narrowly lose? The offer came in my private email so I could
        > keep
        > > my mouth shut, avoid the poor house, bid on the pipes I've been
        > > watching, buy an "Old Boy", and feel like a bum. I could go
        ahead
        > > and buy her the dress, accumulate huge piles of brownie points,
        > and
        > > sit back and wait for the bank account recovers enough to redeem
        > > them.
        > > Sam, heading for the poor house.
        > > My wife is a nurse in a cardiac catheterization unit. Her
        > hospital
        > > is sponsoring a "Red Dress" formal ball for womens heart
        health.
        > It
        > > will be attended by many dignitaries including the governor, his
        > > wife, and Laura Bush. She was hoping to wear this dress. Told
        me
        > > last night that she didn't even want to go now. So I guess I am
        > > headed to the poor house.

        Yahoo! Groups Links