Skip to search.

Tobacco Arrived

  • Howard M. Davis
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 1, 2003
      My order from Little Brown Smokeshop arrived today, sitting at the
      doorstep when we returned from town. I got my tin of Orlik's Golden
      Slices, which for the last 7 hours I have resisted opening. They were
      out of the Dark Strong Kentucky so I have to go eslewhere for it. The
      other tobacco I got is or was supposed to be Dunhill's 965. However,
      it is much to light bodied to be the same 965 I have had before. Now
      I'm confused, it happens easily around here. On their website it is
      listed under the Lane bulks. It comes between early Morning Pipe and
      Nightcap but the description just reads Dunhill My Mix. The only
      Dunhill I know of that carries the name Me Mix is My Mixture 965. I'm
      going to call them in the morning to inquire about the lightness of
      the tobacco I got. Service was good, shipping is a flat $6 and they
      included a sample of Altadis IKE. The sample is a shag cut with some
      larger pieces. The pouch aroma is similar to Dark Birdseye but the
      flavor isn't. With only one bowl I havemn't formed an opinion of it
      yet. Despite the difference in the tobacco I'm elated that another
      season of tobacco acquisition is beginning.
    • Mad Poet
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 15, 2003
        Hello all,

        I've been lurking for sometime now and decided it's
        time to come out of the corner.

        I'm 59 yo and have been a pipe smoker on and off since
        my late teens. Currently living north of Atlanta. My
        collection consist of No-Names, Ascorti, Castello,
        GBD, COMOY'S, Stanwell, Savinelli. Peterson's and
        Dunhills. I also suffer from serious TAD so have more
        tobac than I could smoke in two lifetimes. Daily smoke
        is Walgreen's Burley & Black.

        I'm also an active ebay trader, buying and selling
        selling rejuvinated estate pipes.

        I'll be at the Caerlotte show this weekend, and hope
        to meet some of you in my passing through.

        Rick Higgins

        http://shopping.yahoo.com
      • John Offerdahl
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 15, 2003
          Welcome to the group, Rick! We're glad to have you with us, and
          know that your experience will profit us all! I'll hope to meet you at
          the Charlotte show Saturday!

          --- In pipesmokers2@yahoogroups.com, Mad Poet
          <am_big_uous@y...> wrote:
          > Hello all,
          >
          > I've been lurking for sometime now and decided it's
          > time to come out of the corner.
          >
          > I'm 59 yo and have been a pipe smoker on and off since
          > my late teens. Currently living north of Atlanta. My
          > collection consist of No-Names, Ascorti, Castello,
          > GBD, COMOY'S, Stanwell, Savinelli. Peterson's and
          > Dunhills. I also suffer from serious TAD so have more
          > tobac than I could smoke in two lifetimes. Daily smoke
          > is Walgreen's Burley & Black.
          >
          > I'm also an active ebay trader, buying and selling
          > selling rejuvinated estate pipes.
          >
          > I'll be at the Caerlotte show this weekend, and hope
          > to meet some of you in my passing through.
          >
          > Rick Higgins

          > http://shopping.yahoo.com
        • Raymond Charlong Jr.

              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 15, 2003
                It's a pleasure to meet you, oh insane one. LOL Glad to have you aboard.

                Mad Poet wrote:

                > Hello all,
                >
                > I've been lurking for sometime now and decided it's
                > time to come out of the corner.

                . . .
              • Mad Poet
                Message 7 of 7 , Oct 16, 2003
                  Hello all,

                  I want to say thanks to all the members that have been
                  so warm in their welcom. It's very much appreciated.

                  Rick Higgins

                  http://shopping.yahoo.com