Re: [Pipe smokers] McCranie's Red Ribbon/Flake

  • christian korek
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 3, 2003
      would u be interested in selling me a ttin of 83 red ribon , i dont have anything much to trade ?? just pondering
      christian

      JohnnFlake <johnnyflake@...> wrote:
      I have 11 tins of the 83 Red Ribbon stashed but unfortunately, none of the 83 Red Flake. Is there anyone out there with a stash of the 83 Flake that would be interested in trading a tin or two for some 83 Red Ribbon?

      JohnnyFlake

      John Offerdahl <mesotron@...> wrote:
      I have four tins left of the 1983 batch, but they're going to be
      saved for a good while now!

      --- In pipesmokers2@yahoogroups.com, old pipeman <opipeman@y...>
      wrote:
      > John, thanks for that heads-up. Makes me want to go to my stash of
      the 1983 batch tins I am still waiting to open. Maybe next year.
      oldpipeman

      Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

      JohnnyFlake

      Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

    • JohnnFlake
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 3, 2003
        Hey Christian,

        I'm sorry but I have to say no. The 1983 Red Ribbon is no longer available, any where, at any price, and it is my favorite straight virginia. I would only have let a tin or two go in trade for the same tobaccy but in a Flake. Again, I'm very sorry to have to say no to selling even one tin.

        JohnnyFlake

        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 3, 2003
          i understamd u completely
          christian
          JohnnFlake <johnnyflake@...> wro

        • rebelpipester
          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 8, 2003
            John,

            Man o man...Too bad I spent my tobacco budget a couple weeks
            ago...Maybe you could come visit and bring my BC and a tin of the new
            Flake?

            --- In pipesmokers2@yahoogroups.com, "John Offerdahl" <mesotron@c...>
            wrote:
            > To those who have enjoyed these fine red Virginia tobaccos,
            > McCranie's has the new batch in stock. I picked up just one tin of
            > the ribbon today to give it a try. Fresh out of the can, and it
            being
            > the new batch, it's a heck of a good smoke! The flavor is mellow,
            > though maybe a little stronger than the old batch. Toward the
            bottom
            > of the bowl I smoked I couldn't help but think of fresh coffee
            > grounds for some reason. But overall, the taste and smoke is very
            > similar to the old, 1983 batch, and I'm going to go way out on a
            lomb
            > and predict that with a bit of good age on it, this is going to be
            > one of the finest Virginia tobaccos on the market.
            >
            > I'm going to go back next week and buy about a dozen tins, at least.
          • rebelpipester
            Message 5 of 10 , Jul 8, 2003
              JohnnyFlake,

              There is no more 1983 Red Ribbon? I could let a tin go for a hefty
              price.

              Jason

              --- In pipesmokers2@yahoogroups.com, JohnnFlake <johnnyflake@y...>
              wrote:
              > Hey Christian,
              >
              > I'm sorry but I have to say no. The 1983 Red Ribbon is no longer
              available, any where, at any price, and it is my favorite straight
              virginia. I would only have let a tin or two go in trade for the same
              tobaccy but in a Flake. Again, I'm very sorry to have to say no to
              selling even one tin.

              > JohnnyFlake
              >
              > christian korek <trexstang@y...> wrote:
              > would u be interested in selling me a ttin of 83 red ribon , i dont
              have anything much to trade ?? just pondering
              > christian
              >
              > JohnnFlake <johnnyflake@y...> wrote:
              > I have 11 tins of the 83 Red Ribbon stashed but unfortunately, none
              of the 83 Red Flake. Is there anyone out there with a stash of the 83
              Flake that would be interested in trading a tin or two for some 83
              Red Ribbon?

              > JohnnyFlake
              >
              > John Offerdahl <mesotron@c...> wrote:
              > I have four tins left of the 1983 batch, but they're going to be
              > saved for a good while now!
              >

              > --- In pipesmokers2@yahoogroups.com, old pipeman <opipeman@y...>
              > wrote:
              > > John, thanks for that heads-up. Makes me want to go to my stash
              of
              > the 1983 batch tins I am still waiting to open. Maybe next year.
              > oldpipeman
              >

              > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

              Service.

              > JohnnyFlake

              > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

              Service.

              Service.

              > JohnnyFlake

            • robert
              Message 6 of 10 , Jul 8, 2003
                Hi, I have a tin 1983 Red Ribbon. if any one want it gave me a
                price or trade. I will sell,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Auther7

                --- In pipesmokers2@yahoogroups.com, "rebelpipester"