Karel Gol's biography

  • haremscarum
    Message 1 of 11222 , Jul 1, 2000
      Perhaps as you can see the latest big event in my
      life is the buying of <br>a<br>webcam. Here i smoke a
      Peterson Shamrock #150. My biography in short:<br>I live
      in The Netherlands, home of the Big Ben pipes and
      the Amphora<br>tobacco. With my wife and two kids(boy
      11, girl 9) we live in a small town,<br>Steenwijk. I
      am 41 years old, have a bachelors degree in
      automotive<br>technology and passed my teachers exam for technology in
      general just last<br>monday. I work for 15 years as a
      software engineer now. I started pipe<br>smoking about 3-4
      years ago and joined this club when Balkan announced
      on<br>ASP he had started it. My first serious pipe was a
      Georg Jensen orange<br>extra, which is still in my
      rotation. My pipe collection has two main lines<br>of
      development, Peterson(Kapruf) and nosewarmers, but i think
      i'll look <br>on<br>eBay for some more Kirstens as
      well. My other hobbies are flyfishing and<br>volleyball
      and i'm thinking of starting to ride a motorcycle
      again (still<br>just toying with the idea). In my
      younger days i used to ride Italian<br>motorcycles,
      Laverda, Moto
    • Randy W.
      Message 11222 of 11222 , Dec 25, 2010
        Thanks for the info. Ya know, for a medium it has a lot of flavor. I would have thought it was full strength. Makes me wonder what my reaction would have been towards the full strength? I like Latakia, but not to the point where it's all you can taste. I bought some C & D stuff, Odyssey - I think it's called, and I didn't care for it, but I used it as an inhancer for some blends I thought were lacking something and it was pretty good smoked that way.

        Randy W...