Question on Savinelli

  • drdottle
    Message 1 of 11222 , Jun 1, 2000
      A TinderBox store in the area is going out of
      business (I HATE to see businesses fail.) They put an ad
      in the paper that there would be 1/2 off all the
      pipes and supplies. I picked up a Savinelli, my first.
      It came with balsa filters and a tubular piece of
      plastic to be used in lieu of a filter(or so I surmise.)
      My question is,<br>1. Your opinion of using a balsa
      filter or not<br>2. Your opinion of leaving the tube
      in,<br>3. Since a pipe cleaner wont go all the way thru,
      know this is "personal" preference, but I am a new
      pipe smoker and have not had the advantage of time to
      experiment.<br>I did get some Lane 1-Q...I am in love. That stuff
      is so much better than the Cpt Black..even the feel
      of it, it doesnt have that stickiness that the
      packaged Cpt. has..Propylene Glycol?<br>Thanks guys.
      Appreciate the guidance.<br>Marc
    • Randy W.
      Message 11222 of 11222 , Dec 25, 2010
        Thanks for the info. Ya know, for a medium it has a lot of flavor. I would have thought it was full strength. Makes me wonder what my reaction would have been towards the full strength? I like Latakia, but not to the point where it's all you can taste. I bought some C & D stuff, Odyssey - I think it's called, and I didn't care for it, but I used it as an inhancer for some blends I thought were lacking something and it was pretty good smoked that way.

        Randy W...