Re: [Pipe smokers] Re: OT: Heads Up - c anopener

  • Mark Kirkland
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 1, 2002
      I have to agree, it works much better if you hook it
      up thru your email. The only sticking point I had was
      when I put the address in as yahoo.com instead of
      yahoogroups.com It was extremely frustrating to do it
      the other way, and I came just short of tossing in the
      towel. Mark.
      --- ednandu <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
      > being the chief techno-idiot out here, I elected to
      > get all the club
      > posts thru e-mail. Saves all that having to acces
      > the groups. I get
      > little if any spam, the messages come thru promptly.
      > more time to
      > enjoy my vintage tobacco. Ed
      >
      > --- In pipesmokers2@y..., canopener505
      > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > > My main gripe with these Yahoo groups isn't the
      > spam, but the speed
      > > of the navigation through the groups. It takes up
      > to 5 minutes
      > from
      > > start just to get to read one message. I'm sure a
      > DSL connection
      > > would help, but apparently the $300 "information
      > technology" charge
      > > that PSU takes from my tuition per semester
      > doesn't cover a DSL
      > > connection to my computer, but that's another
      > issue.

      http://greetings.yahoo.com/
    • uisqe baugh
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 1, 2002
        There was an article on slashdot indicating tha tYahoo
        who kind enough to change all user's marketing
        preferences when they started mgirating people to
        being interested in everything.

        --- kilgore965 <kilgore965@...> wrote:
        > I got this tip from another group that I belong to.
        > At the top or the
        > page click on account information. After you sign on
        > click on "Edit
        > your marketing preferences." Are the boxs checked
        > that you want? All
        > mine were on yes--I promptly checked no on all.
        > Anything to stop
        > unwanted ads.
        >
        > Bob

        http://greetings.yahoo.com/
      • uisqe baugh
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 1, 2002
          A DSL connection would make absolutely no difference.
          The fault lies at Yahoo's end.

          Switch to sending and receiving your group messages
          via email. It's faster and more reliable.

          And if you find the color ads overpowering, prefernig
          rather to see advertisements in plaintext, make sure
          to disable the HTML messages in your preferences.