New League Question

  • Thomas Fischer
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 9, 2009
      I have had a couple of folks ask me about the draft and rosters. Do we want to draft 35 players from scratch or use the base of our NHL teams and draft rookies and make trades?

      Two choice poll here. Will go with simple majority of votes received so make sure to vote one way or the other.

      Option 1 - Draft 35 players from scratch.

      Option 2 - Go with base of NHL team requested and draft rookies only with a waiver wire draft after rookie draft.

      Please vote by Wednesday the 14th thanks.
    • David Jones
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 10, 2009
        I would like to see option 2 with 10 to 12 players protected for each team...Dave

        I say option 2 because we are going with nhl based teams.  I was in a league once with nhl based and each team had to protect 12 players from that team and the rest went into a draft.

        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 10, 2009
          I like the idea of protecting a certain amount of players from the nhl roster.  I like the number of 10-12-14 or something as such.  I do have an idea that we use the current nhl rosters to create that list of 'protected players' (cards notwithstanding).  This way, the rosters will be most up to date and our rosters will be more like they are in the nhl FA notwithstanding.

          The Habs situation is paramount in my mind as i consider this.  Montreal has had more than half of their roster changover this past summer.  And, while I like this idea of having our rosters mirror the nhl franchises, this won't happen in mtl's case.  I am a die hard fan and that is appealing to me.

          I also don't mind drafting a full team.  i think we could draft players from our home franchises easily enough if it is important to franchise owners.  There could be 'homer' rounds that you must draft from your franchise.  Just another idea.

          dave

          I really don't have time to have another team...this might be the last straw for my sanity...hahaha...or my divorce...not laughing.  Great to be here.  :)
        • Carey Miller
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 10, 2009

            Definitely Option Two.  To be honest, I kind of thought this is what the league was going to do.  Something else may be to protect X (10-14) amount of guys from your team and draft from the left overs.

            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 10, 2009
              I'd go with option 2, and I'd be in favor of the idea of protecting a set number from that roster.

              Keith