I changed my mind about PinoyCosplay.com

  • Noelle De Guzman
    Message 1 of 6 , May 25, 2006
      I really, really thought that the extent of my involvement with Mike
      Abundo would end where I had raised my objection to the use of my name
      in an email circulating about Abundo's further activities.

      However, everything I create and have been involved in will always
      have a place in my heart, which is why I had to react to Abundo's
      comment about the Pinoy Cosplay mailing list.

      [info]mikeabundo wrote
      (http://filcosplayfart.livejournal.com/6497.html?thread=11873#t11873):
      You overestimate the importance of that small old mailing list. I
      didn't know it existed.

      I replied
      (http://filcosplayfart.livejournal.com/6497.html?thread=20577#t20577):
      It was a mailing list LONG before you took the name for yourself,
      mister. I had it listed on Anipike (which is every anime fan's
      favorite resource for links) and the name was bandied about in the
      Philippine anime and cosplay community since the first Animexplosion.
      It was listed in search engines, including Yahoo! and Google. We
      certainly went to the trouble to ensure that people found our
      "service". We just didn't have the resources to register a domain for
      ourselves.

      When we first spoke on IM, I was willing to accept that you were
      careless (clueless?) enough not to know better and do your due
      diligence. (A simple Google search for "pinoy cosplay" would have
      shown you we existed.) Upon further examination of your activities on
      the Internet I've come to the conclusion that you're NOT that stupid,
      and that your naming your forum "Pinoy Cosplay" was a clever ploy to
      usurp the name of an established community and rebrand it as your own.

      You've taken advantage of us. That's not illegal, yes. But it sure
      is unethical. What a shame: you seemed like such a nice person when I
      met you with your brother at Market Market last year.

      (FYI, the meeting with Abundo and his brother (let's call him M) was
      only a brief one. I was part of M's Bible study group and we just
      bumped into each other at the time, so M just said "my brother" and
      pointed to this guy.)

      Anyway, I'm involved in this mess whether I like it or not. I'm not
      going to resort to ad hominem attacks, but I will come out and say
      this has gone far enough and Abundo needs to stop claiming his
      ignorance about the original Pinoy Cosplay.

      See my original LJ post about this:
      http://noelledeg.livejournal.com/11276.html

      Sincerely,
      Noelle
      creator of PCML
    • Robert Wong
      Message 2 of 6 , May 26, 2006
        I'd recommend that Mike should go to Bible studies more often, but im afraid he might trademark the word God as his own.

        Sigh, what people do for love of themselves.

        Noelle De Guzman <noelledeg@...> wrote: I really, really thought that the extent of my involvement with Mike
[...]

        Anime movie Fun games Fun movie Fun

        THE PREMIER PHILIPPINE COSPLAY FORUM SITE
        ~~~~~ http://www.filcosplay.tk ~~~~~
        LEARN ABOUT COSPLAY & COSTUMES, CLICK HERE

      • Yaten Kou
        Message 3 of 6 , May 26, 2006
          wahahahahahahaha, nice one robert!
          sobrang natawa ako dun ah, oo nga,
          delikado sya maassociate anywhere,
          bka kahit pag namatay sya at napunta
          sya sa impiyerno, magulat na lng si
          lucifer hindi na sya ang 'founder'
          ng hell wahahahahahaha

          yaten kou

          Message 4 of 6 , May 26, 2006
            Di na ata available ang hell.com eh
            hell.ph na lang. ":)_

            ahiahiahia...

            la lang.

            On 5/26/06, Yaten Kou <yaten@...> wrote:

            > wahahahahahahaha, nice one robert!
            > sobrang natawa ako dun ah, oo nga,
            > delikado sya maassociate anywhere,
            > bka kahit pag namatay sya at napunta
            > sya sa impiyerno, magulat na lng si
            > lucifer hindi na sya ang 'founder'
            > ng hell wahahahahahaha
            >

            > yaten kou

            Be carefull of the toes you step on today,
            cos they might be connected to the ass that you will kiss tommorrow.

          • Joy Bordador
            Message 5 of 6 , May 26, 2006
              Boobman (that should be our official name for him now) actually commented on my LJ acknowledging he was God and that I should, in his words, "Back the f**k off"! (Originally uncensored in my LJ mind you!) The NERVE! >_< Tapos, dinelete na rin niya! >_O Hindi niya siguro kayang panindigan yun.

              And last na ito, promise. v^_^v

              Hentai Yin Moko <israel.buenaluz@...> wrote: Di na ata available ang hell.com eh
              hell.ph na lang. ":)_

              ahiahiahia...

              la lang.

              On 5/26/06, Yaten Kou <yaten@...> wrote:

              > wahahahahahahaha, nice one robert!
              > sobrang natawa ako dun ah, oo nga,
              > delikado sya maassociate anywhere,
              > bka kahit pag namatay sya at napunta
              > sya sa impiyerno, magulat na lng si
              > lucifer hindi na sya ang 'founder'
              > ng hell wahahahahahaha
              >

              > yaten kou

              <>< Proud ICTUSian <><
              Green-Minded Crusader of Truth, Love and Justice

            • Noelle De Guzman
              Message 6 of 6 , May 26, 2006
                I think we laid out all the relevant issues, and he couldn't answer
                them and not look foolish.

                For Pinoy Cosplay forumers, I don't have issues with you guys. Our
                beef is with Abundo.

                Noelle ^.^~