OT FOR SOME MLs - Fwd: smart wifi

  • Joy Bordador
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 24, 2005
      Lois <brave_lil_angel@...> wrote: Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 18:49:31 -0800 (PST)
      From: Lois <brave_lil_angel@...>
      Subject: Fwd: smart wifi
      To: Joy Bordador <haruka173@...>, Kristina Cabrera <bodcab@...>,
      "Christy M. Rossi" <1retail.therapist@...>,
      Crissie Diaz <tanyabananamaganda@...>,
      Karoline <girl_europe@...>, Kris Ortiz <kesortiz@...>,
      Lorena Alto <lorena.alto@...>, Maica Diaz <maicagd@...>,
      Mariela Ileto <marsz@...>,
      Melissa Dizon <aladyreduponthehill@...>,
      Patti Mallari <apsmallari@...>, Pia Santiago <yapitori@...>,
      Sarah Queblatin <queblatin.sd@...>,
      Tycel Von Einsedel <kat@...>, Tinka Azurin <t-azurin@...>

      Anna Unson Price <annaprice@...> wrote: From: Anna Unson Price <annaprice@...>
      Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 03:33:35 +0800
      To: "Rossana L. Unson" <rossana@...>,
      Gina Novenario <GUNovenario@...>,
      Pernille Harboe <harboe@...>,
      Eloisa Bordador <brave_lil_angel@...>

      Thank goodness I don't have to go through that!

      Begin forwarded message:

      From: "Rowena Go" <rowie@...>
      Date: November 23, 2005 5:41:32 PM GMT+08:00
      To: "Josephine Sy" <jasymd@...>, "Anna Unson Price" <annaprice@...>, "Carol Santiago" <Carol_Santiago888@...>, "Frederick Oranga" <frederickoranga@...>, "Juliet Tan" <jul_210@...>, "Ma. Lucila Uy Sozon" <cille_s@...>, "Marianne Fajardo" <marianne_piano@...>, "Melizza Tan" <mameltan@...>, "Mia Bolanos" <lilarayana@...>, "Teresa Lei" <terelei@...>, "Teresita Roxas" <Teresita.Roxas@...>, "Aileen Salvador" <rickyaileen@...>, "Sandra Coshuming" <s_go@...>
      Subject: smart wifi

      For everyone concerned:

      In case you are thinking of installing a broadband internet, don't EVER call Smart WIFI, unless you're willing to pay the price.... Here's the short version of my exhausting & utterly exasperating experience with Smart WIFI...

      September 18, 2005 - I called Smart up and they told me they will install within the week.

      October 7, 2005 - the day they arrived (after numerous calls) & installed their antenna (take note it took more than 2 weeks for them to arrive)

      October 8, 2005 - I didn't have signal anymore

      October 8 - 27, 2005 - a month of 3 weeks of continuous unavailabity of internet access. Accg. to Smart, their base station is down and I just have to wait patiently. I requested for a change in base station, and they said it can't be done. I had to threaten & shout & plead & talk some sense to their inefficient supervisor before they did my request.

      October 28 - November 10, 2005 - when the Lord took pity on me and I had connectivity.

      November 11, 2005 onwards - no access again.... why wasn't I surprised? They said there's a problem again in the new base staion and as usual, wait patiently. After a couple of calls, they told me that their problem was solved, & I should have connectivity. Of course, I had none... I wanted to talk to the supervisor, but they wouldn't do that, coz that's not protocol...

      November 12, 2005 - I filed a complaint formally against Smart & requested for a termination already. Their reply: I need to pay a pre-termination fee since there's a lock-in period of 1 year. Also, no refund possible for the monthly payments I gave. Smart is simply amazing, huh????

      As of this moment, the most I could get is a ~Php1.5k-2k refund. For all the trouble that they've caused me, it's not even worth the trouble to keep on hassling them, because in the end, it's only you who will lose your patience & eventually, you need to go to a doctor coz your blood pressure goes way up because of them....

      They tell you that any complaint against Smart WIFI should be done via email. I told them I don't have access, so how can I email? They tell you to call the hotline number for any problems. When you call them, they tell you to go to a wireless center. When I got to the wireless center, they tell you to call their hotline number. How smart & efficient is that????

      If you have friends who are thinking of broadband internet access, forward this email to them. Don't ever consider Smart WIFI. You have a lot of companies to choose from - Destiny, Globe, PLDT, Virtual Asia, Bayantel, Pempenet... All these are available... Any of these companies should be better than Smart....

      You are forewarned....

      Princess of Wind and Air
      Green-Minded Fox Goddess
      Crusader of Truth, Love and Justice
      Open-minded Broadcast Communicator
      Former ICTUSian Idol (Back when I was more active...)