Re: [pinoy_cosplay] Re: Hello! Regarding our ML

  • Hentai_Yin_Moko
    Message 1 of 15 , Nov 7, 2005
      Hi guys!

      Sorry to butt-in. Im not really a cosplayer but.. ...been here for quite
      sometime na din. Wala na ata yung handfull na kakilala ko dito. ":(_

      Weird somebody else registered a .com that is not really affiliated with you
      guys? Thats sad. ":(_

      .ph is still available i think. ":)_ or better yet eh .org. Gusto nyo? ":)_

      anyways, to the people here eh more power sa inyu! ":)_

      yun lang,
      HYM

      On 11/7/05, Noelle De Guzman <noelledeg@...> wrote:

      > > Wow, Noelle, buhay ka pa pala. :)
      > > I thought you turned your back on the anime community way, way
      > back
      > > (because I haven't heard any news about you in a while). Or maybe
      > > it's just me who's not so active anymore. Hehe.
      >
      > :) I just didn't have the time or energy to participate in it
      > anymore. I didn't have anything against the people, and to tell you
      > the truth nakaka-miss nga eh.
      >

      > > Noeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelleeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! <gives Noelle a long-
      > > overdue hug How goes it? I miss you! I'm sorry if I caused this
      > > mess, but that Mike guy... we're all just so worried that he's
      > > giving the community you knew and loved a bad name.
      >
      > As far as I'm concerned, he can keep his domain. (BTW he reads the
      > archives nga pala.) From our end, what we can do is keep promoting
      > our mailing list. We still have 300+ members, and some of them are
      > even halfway around the world! Any active cosplayers here still?
      >
      > > I'm sorry also that I haven't been managing this group well, it's
      > > just that I'm finding it so hard to keep people here... :( But
      > > anyways that doesn't matter. At least everyone's coming together
      > > again.
      >
      > Hey Joy, I visited our website. Maraming broken links and stuff. If
      > you want, I can help with a site redesign. :)
      >
      > > i still have this cosplayer "passion" that sparked in me when i
      > > read noelle's post. i just want to say, i'm speaking for the
      > > others like me as well, that even though we're not as active as we
      > > were at the first few years of this ML, in heart and spirit, all
      > > the way, support kami sa pinoy cosplay!! ^_^ heheheh
      >
      > Thanks! Sana mabuhay naman yung mailing list.
      >

      > Noelle ^.^~

      Be carefull of the toes you step on today,
      cos they might be connected to the ass that you will kiss tommorrow.

    • Joy Bordador
      Message 2 of 15 , Nov 8, 2005
        Hello all! I am finally back from the dead. :D Hope everyone else is doing great yes?

        Anyways, I would like to ask you all for a favor... a really, REALLY huge favor.

        Would any of you fellow cosplayers past and present be willing to scan your pictures from previous (circa 2003 and older) conventions? I hope to use it for a little shrine built on the foundations and ashes of Pinoy_Cosplay - HOW VERY P_C. I would prefer the maximum resolution to be 300 dpi, and any size would do, just as long as they are clear and need minimum Photoshop retouching. :D

        Maybe we could have a group chat about the good old days...

        Damn I miss you all! <sniffles and gathers everyone for a big bear group hug>

        Thanks heaps!

        ~Haruka~
        Princess of Wind and Air
        Green-Minded Fox Goddess
        Crusader of Truth, Love and Justice
        Open-minded Broadcast Communicator
        Former ICTUSian Idol (Back when I was more active...)

      • Hentai_Yin_Moko
        Message 3 of 15 , Nov 8, 2005
          Ey joy!

          Mustasa? ":)_

          Ive got 2001 to 2002 stuff lang. After that eh nag lay low na ako sa mga
          anime events. ":(_

          Anime Cosplay 2001 <http://animedia100.com/news&features/f_afcosplay.htm>
          The AXN Anime Festival
          2001<http://animedia100.com/news&features/f_axncosplay.htm>
          3rd Hong Kong Comics Festival Pictures courtesy of Lain
          Chan<http://animedia100.com/news&features/f_hk_cosplay.htm>
          3rd Hong Kong Comics Festival Pictures (Part 2) courtesy of
          Bamboo<http://animedia100.com/news&features/f_hk_cosplay_2.htm>
          Images of Anime Quest 2001, Mega
          Mall<http://animedia100.com/news&features/f_aq_cosplay.htm>
          Images of Anime Quest 2002, Glorieta
          1<http://animedia100.com/news&features/f_aq2k2.htm>

          Or you can visit the main site at http://www.animedia100.com
          Pick what you like and il look and see if the 300dpi versions are still
          alive. I give you full authority to use them anyway you want. ":)_

          i hope these stuff could help.

          yun lang,
          HYM

          Just save what you like

            Message 5 of 15 , Nov 8, 2005
              Try contacting Ronald Guanzon: http://www.weareanime.org
              <http://www.weareanime.org/>

              That guy's been neck-deep in cosplay coverage since waaaaaay back. ;)

              Mike

              http://pinoycosplay.com <http://pinoycosplay.com/>

              _____

[...]

              Anime
              <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Anime+movie&w1=Anime+movie&w2=Fun+games
              &w3=Fun+movie&w4=Fun&c=4&s=56&.sig=7sqdmoENkao0LE8mw0MsqQ> movie

              Fun
              <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Fun+games&w1=Anime+movie&w2=Fun+games&w
              3=Fun+movie&w4=Fun&c=4&s=56&.sig=KaWmNPcJd2IMS2_adGo9cw> games

              Fun
              <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Fun+movie&w1=Anime+movie&w2=Fun+games&w
              3=Fun+movie&w4=Fun&c=4&s=56&.sig=7rQCYzWHl4Lqgb0mbo48fw> movie

              Fun
              <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Fun&w1=Anime+movie&w2=Fun+games&w3=Fun+
              movie&w4=Fun&c=4&s=56&.sig=1E_sgWWri6P8w0SHDCiH-g>

              _____

              YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

              * Visit your group "pinoy_cosplay
              <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pinoy_cosplay> " on the web.

              _____

            • hentai_yin_moko
              Message 6 of 15 , Nov 10, 2005
                Eyo joy! ":)_

                Been so busy eh. Bali ive tansformed animedia100.com into a hosting +
                design + domain registration selling thingie na. ehhehe... But still
                im an anime lover. ":)_

                anyways, ive seen the orig photos from where those pics were scanned
                from. inform mo na lang ako of what u need and when u need it. La kasi
                ako scanner eh. ":(_

                ingats lagi,
                HYM

                Message 7 of 15 , Nov 11, 2005
                  Maliliit yung pics ng animedia100... T_T Sana lahat ng pics makuha ko, siguro po by batch of cosplay and year (say, 1st batch-AEx 2000, 2nd batch Anime Cosplay Manila, ganun ba)... basta sana 300 dpi siya, pero kahit between 100-300 kb ang file size para naman hindi mag-degrade ang quality (i.e. pixellated) kapag ginalaw ko na.

                  Thanks heaps!!! :D

                  Message 8 of 15 , Nov 13, 2005
                    Good day joy! ":)_

                    The ones in my site are optimized for web viewing only. So that means eh
                    72dpi lang sila. ":(_ il go look if i can find my scanned pics (my raw
                    scanned pics are in 300dpi). if di ko makita i could just give you the raw
                    photos of all the events and kaw na lang mag scan. I currently dont have a
                    scanner at home and at the office. ":(_

                    I might be at the UP AME event. If youre going there eh bigay ko na lang sa
                    iyo dun if you want.

                    yun lang,
                    HYM

                    Message 9 of 15 , Nov 14, 2005
                      Hentai_Yin_Moko <israel.buenaluz@...> wrote:
                      Good day joy! ":)_

                      The ones in my site are optimized for web viewing only. So that means eh
                      72dpi lang sila. ":(_ il go look if i can find my scanned pics (my raw
                      scanned pics are in 300dpi). if di ko makita i could just give you the raw
                      photos of all the events and kaw na lang mag scan. I currently dont have a
                      scanner at home and at the office. ":(_

                      I might be at the UP AME event. If youre going there eh bigay ko na lang sa
                      iyo dun if you want.

                      yun lang,
                      HYMHey HYM! :D

                      Really? You'd do all that for me? Thanks heaps! I'll definitely be at the UP AME event, kAME Ulit. :D Or you can reach me through YM-ing here.

                      Message 10 of 15 , Nov 24, 2005
                        Hi joy!

                        I still couldnt find the CDs. ":(_

                        Oki lang if raw pictures bigay ko sa iyo?
                        Soli mo na lang pag OK ka na.

                        I stil have 1 day to look for the CDs.

                        Kita-kits bukas and good luck sa mga sasali sa cosplay!! ":)_