Re: Hello! Regarding our ML

  • Noelle De Guzman
    Message 1 of 15 , Nov 7, 2005
      > Wow, Noelle, buhay ka pa pala. :)
      > I thought you turned your back on the anime community way, way
      back
      > (because I haven't heard any news about you in a while). Or maybe
      > it's just me who's not so active anymore. Hehe.

      :) I just didn't have the time or energy to participate in it
      anymore. I didn't have anything against the people, and to tell you
      the truth nakaka-miss nga eh.

      > Noeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelleeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! <gives Noelle a long-
      > overdue hug How goes it? I miss you! I'm sorry if I caused this
      > mess, but that Mike guy... we're all just so worried that he's
      > giving the community you knew and loved a bad name.

      As far as I'm concerned, he can keep his domain. (BTW he reads the
      archives nga pala.) From our end, what we can do is keep promoting
      our mailing list. We still have 300+ members, and some of them are
      even halfway around the world! Any active cosplayers here still?

      > I'm sorry also that I haven't been managing this group well, it's
      > just that I'm finding it so hard to keep people here... :( But
      > anyways that doesn't matter. At least everyone's coming together
      > again.

      Hey Joy, I visited our website. Maraming broken links and stuff. If
      you want, I can help with a site redesign. :)

      > i still have this cosplayer "passion" that sparked in me when i
      > read noelle's post. i just want to say, i'm speaking for the
      > others like me as well, that even though we're not as active as we
      > were at the first few years of this ML, in heart and spirit, all
      > the way, support kami sa pinoy cosplay!! ^_^ heheheh

      Thanks! Sana mabuhay naman yung mailing list.

      Noelle ^.^~
    • Hentai_Yin_Moko
      Message 2 of 15 , Nov 7, 2005
        Hi guys!

        Sorry to butt-in. Im not really a cosplayer but.. ...been here for quite
        sometime na din. Wala na ata yung handfull na kakilala ko dito. ":(_

        Weird somebody else registered a .com that is not really affiliated with you
        guys? Thats sad. ":(_

        .ph is still available i think. ":)_ or better yet eh .org. Gusto nyo? ":)_

        anyways, to the people here eh more power sa inyu! ":)_

        yun lang,
        HYM

        On 11/7/05, Noelle De Guzman <noelledeg@...> wrote:

        > > Wow, Noelle, buhay ka pa pala. :)
        > > I thought you turned your back on the anime community way, way
        > back
        > > (because I haven't heard any news about you in a while). Or maybe
        > > it's just me who's not so active anymore. Hehe.
        >
        > :) I just didn't have the time or energy to participate in it
        > anymore. I didn't have anything against the people, and to tell you
        > the truth nakaka-miss nga eh.
        >

        > > Noeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelleeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! <gives Noelle a long-
        > > overdue hug How goes it? I miss you! I'm sorry if I caused this
        > > mess, but that Mike guy... we're all just so worried that he's
        > > giving the community you knew and loved a bad name.
        >
        > As far as I'm concerned, he can keep his domain. (BTW he reads the
        > archives nga pala.) From our end, what we can do is keep promoting
        > our mailing list. We still have 300+ members, and some of them are
        > even halfway around the world! Any active cosplayers here still?
        >
        > > I'm sorry also that I haven't been managing this group well, it's
        > > just that I'm finding it so hard to keep people here... :( But
        > > anyways that doesn't matter. At least everyone's coming together
        > > again.
        >
        > Hey Joy, I visited our website. Maraming broken links and stuff. If
        > you want, I can help with a site redesign. :)
        >
        > > i still have this cosplayer "passion" that sparked in me when i
        > > read noelle's post. i just want to say, i'm speaking for the
        > > others like me as well, that even though we're not as active as we
        > > were at the first few years of this ML, in heart and spirit, all
        > > the way, support kami sa pinoy cosplay!! ^_^ heheheh
        >
        > Thanks! Sana mabuhay naman yung mailing list.
        >

        > Noelle ^.^~

        Be carefull of the toes you step on today,
        cos they might be connected to the ass that you will kiss tommorrow.

      • Joy Bordador
        Message 3 of 15 , Nov 8, 2005
          Hello all! I am finally back from the dead. :D Hope everyone else is doing great yes?

          Anyways, I would like to ask you all for a favor... a really, REALLY huge favor.

          Would any of you fellow cosplayers past and present be willing to scan your pictures from previous (circa 2003 and older) conventions? I hope to use it for a little shrine built on the foundations and ashes of Pinoy_Cosplay - HOW VERY P_C. I would prefer the maximum resolution to be 300 dpi, and any size would do, just as long as they are clear and need minimum Photoshop retouching. :D

          Maybe we could have a group chat about the good old days...

          Damn I miss you all! <sniffles and gathers everyone for a big bear group hug>

          Thanks heaps!

          ~Haruka~
          Princess of Wind and Air
          Green-Minded Fox Goddess
          Crusader of Truth, Love and Justice
          Open-minded Broadcast Communicator
          Former ICTUSian Idol (Back when I was more active...)

        • Hentai_Yin_Moko
          Message 4 of 15 , Nov 8, 2005
            Ey joy!

            Mustasa? ":)_

            Ive got 2001 to 2002 stuff lang. After that eh nag lay low na ako sa mga
            anime events. ":(_

            Anime Cosplay 2001 <http://animedia100.com/news&features/f_afcosplay.htm>
            The AXN Anime Festival
            2001<http://animedia100.com/news&features/f_axncosplay.htm>
            3rd Hong Kong Comics Festival Pictures courtesy of Lain
            Chan<http://animedia100.com/news&features/f_hk_cosplay.htm>
            3rd Hong Kong Comics Festival Pictures (Part 2) courtesy of
            Bamboo<http://animedia100.com/news&features/f_hk_cosplay_2.htm>
            Images of Anime Quest 2001, Mega
            Mall<http://animedia100.com/news&features/f_aq_cosplay.htm>
            Images of Anime Quest 2002, Glorieta
            1<http://animedia100.com/news&features/f_aq2k2.htm>

            Or you can visit the main site at http://www.animedia100.com
            Pick what you like and il look and see if the 300dpi versions are still
            alive. I give you full authority to use them anyway you want. ":)_

            i hope these stuff could help.

            yun lang,
            HYM

            Just save what you like

              Message 6 of 15 , Nov 8, 2005
                Try contacting Ronald Guanzon: http://www.weareanime.org
                <http://www.weareanime.org/>

                That guy's been neck-deep in cosplay coverage since waaaaaay back. ;)

                Mike

                http://pinoycosplay.com <http://pinoycosplay.com/>

                _____

[...]

                Anime
                <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Anime+movie&w1=Anime+movie&w2=Fun+games
                &w3=Fun+movie&w4=Fun&c=4&s=56&.sig=7sqdmoENkao0LE8mw0MsqQ> movie

                Fun
                <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Fun+games&w1=Anime+movie&w2=Fun+games&w
                3=Fun+movie&w4=Fun&c=4&s=56&.sig=KaWmNPcJd2IMS2_adGo9cw> games

                Fun
                <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Fun+movie&w1=Anime+movie&w2=Fun+games&w
                3=Fun+movie&w4=Fun&c=4&s=56&.sig=7rQCYzWHl4Lqgb0mbo48fw> movie

                Fun
                <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Fun&w1=Anime+movie&w2=Fun+games&w3=Fun+
                movie&w4=Fun&c=4&s=56&.sig=1E_sgWWri6P8w0SHDCiH-g>

                _____

                YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

                * Visit your group "pinoy_cosplay
                <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pinoy_cosplay> " on the web.

                _____

              • hentai_yin_moko
                Message 7 of 15 , Nov 10, 2005
                  Eyo joy! ":)_

                  Been so busy eh. Bali ive tansformed animedia100.com into a hosting +
                  design + domain registration selling thingie na. ehhehe... But still
                  im an anime lover. ":)_

                  anyways, ive seen the orig photos from where those pics were scanned
                  from. inform mo na lang ako of what u need and when u need it. La kasi
                  ako scanner eh. ":(_

                  ingats lagi,
                  HYM

                  Message 8 of 15 , Nov 11, 2005
                    Maliliit yung pics ng animedia100... T_T Sana lahat ng pics makuha ko, siguro po by batch of cosplay and year (say, 1st batch-AEx 2000, 2nd batch Anime Cosplay Manila, ganun ba)... basta sana 300 dpi siya, pero kahit between 100-300 kb ang file size para naman hindi mag-degrade ang quality (i.e. pixellated) kapag ginalaw ko na.

                    Thanks heaps!!! :D

                    Message 9 of 15 , Nov 13, 2005
                      Good day joy! ":)_

                      The ones in my site are optimized for web viewing only. So that means eh
                      72dpi lang sila. ":(_ il go look if i can find my scanned pics (my raw
                      scanned pics are in 300dpi). if di ko makita i could just give you the raw
                      photos of all the events and kaw na lang mag scan. I currently dont have a
                      scanner at home and at the office. ":(_

                      I might be at the UP AME event. If youre going there eh bigay ko na lang sa
                      iyo dun if you want.

                      yun lang,
                      HYM

                      Message 10 of 15 , Nov 14, 2005
                        Hentai_Yin_Moko <israel.buenaluz@...> wrote:
                        Good day joy! ":)_

                        The ones in my site are optimized for web viewing only. So that means eh
                        72dpi lang sila. ":(_ il go look if i can find my scanned pics (my raw
                        scanned pics are in 300dpi). if di ko makita i could just give you the raw
                        photos of all the events and kaw na lang mag scan. I currently dont have a
                        scanner at home and at the office. ":(_

                        I might be at the UP AME event. If youre going there eh bigay ko na lang sa
                        iyo dun if you want.

                        yun lang,
                        HYMHey HYM! :D

                        Really? You'd do all that for me? Thanks heaps! I'll definitely be at the UP AME event, kAME Ulit. :D Or you can reach me through YM-ing here.

                        Message 11 of 15 , Nov 24, 2005
                          Hi joy!

                          I still couldnt find the CDs. ":(_

                          Oki lang if raw pictures bigay ko sa iyo?
                          Soli mo na lang pag OK ka na.

                          I stil have 1 day to look for the CDs.

                          Kita-kits bukas and good luck sa mga sasali sa cosplay!! ":)_