Re: [pinoy_cosplay] Hello! Regarding our ML

  • Joy Bordador
    Message 1 of 15 , Nov 7, 2005
      Noeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelleeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! <gives Noelle a long-overdue hug> How goes it? I miss you! I'm sorry if I caused this mess, but that Mike guy... we're all just so worried that he's giving the community you knew and loved a bad name. I'm sorry also that I haven't been managing this group well, it's just that I'm finding it so hard to keep people here... :( But anyways that doesn't matter. At least everyone's coming together again.

      Thanks for the support guys!!! Now will all the AnimExplosion, Cosplay Manila and Anime Quest cosplayers please stand up... :D

      Haruka/Joy

      inuki <my_inuki@...> wrote:
      Wow, Noelle, buhay ka pa pala. :)

      I thought you turned your back on the anime community way, way back (because
      I haven't heard any news about you in a while). Or maybe it's just me who's
      not so active anymore. Hehe.

      Anyways, hello! And to Haruka-chan, ganbatte!

      Joyce

      > Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2005 10:09:32 -0000
      > From: "Noelle De Guzman" <noelledeg@...>
      > Subject: Hello! Regarding our ML
      >
      > Hi everyone! Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Noelle De
      > Guzman, and I am the creator of the Pinoy Cosplay Mailing List. I've
      > effectively ceded moderation rights to Joy Bordador (Haruka-chan),
      > but I decided to come out of the woodwork and change one thing about
      > our ML. I've opened our archives to viewing by everyone so that
      > people doing a search for "Pinoy Cosplay" can find their way here to
      > our mailing list, get an inkling about what we're about, and
      > hopefully join us. Fun fun fun, right? ^.^~
      >
      > I've also been in talks with the owner of PinoyCosplay.com, with
      > whom WE WILL NOT BE MERGING. I believe our identity must be kept
      > intact, and thus pinoy_cosplay@yahoogroups.com will remain a
      > SEPARATE and INDEPENDENT community.
      >
      > Pinoy Cosplay ML has a long and proud history; not only is it a
      > mailing list, but it is also a group of people with a distinct
      > identity in the Philippine cosplay community on the Internet. We are
      > the FIRST and ORIGINAL Pinoy Cosplay.
      >
      > Anyway that's it! Thanks for all your time, and keep up the good
      > work!
      >
      > Sincerely,
      > Noelle ^.^~
      > http://www.geocities.com/docmegumi/

      --------------------------------------
      Know more about Breast Cancer
      http://pr.mail.yahoo.co.jp/pinkribbon/

      Fun games

      Princess of Wind and Air
      Green-Minded Fox Goddess
      Crusader of Truth, Love and Justice
      Open-minded Broadcast Communicator
      Former ICTUSian Idol (Back when I was more active...)

    • Vanessa Ann B. Necor
      Message 2 of 15 , Nov 7, 2005
        I'm standing.
        hello there! i'm sorry, i've been lurking for quite sometime now.. you know school and all that. but i still have this cosplayer "passion" that sparked in me when i read noelle's post. i just want to say, i'm speaking for the others like me as well, that even though we're not as active as we were at the first few years of this ML, in heart and spirit, all the way, support kami sa pinoy cosplay!! ^_^ heheheh

        Great job keeping the ML Alive ms. noelle! ^^
        God bless harukan-neechan! ^^
        Ingats everyone!! ^^

        long live pinoy cosplay! ^_^

        P.S. how I MISS cosplaying.....

        inuki <my_inuki@...> wrote:
        Wow, Noelle, buhay ka pa pala. :)

        I thought you turned your back on the anime community way, way back (because
        I haven't heard any news about you in a while). Or maybe it's just me who's
        not so active anymore. Hehe.

        Anyways, hello! And to Haruka-chan, ganbatte!

        Joyce

        > Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2005 10:09:32 -0000
        > From: "Noelle De Guzman" <noelledeg@...>
        > Subject: Hello! Regarding our ML
        >
        > Hi everyone! Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Noelle De
        > Guzman, and I am the creator of the Pinoy Cosplay Mailing List. I've
        > effectively ceded moderation rights to Joy Bordador (Haruka-chan),
        > but I decided to come out of the woodwork and change one thing about
        > our ML. I've opened our archives to viewing by everyone so that
        > people doing a search for "Pinoy Cosplay" can find their way here to
        > our mailing list, get an inkling about what we're about, and
        > hopefully join us. Fun fun fun, right? ^.^~
        >
        > I've also been in talks with the owner of PinoyCosplay.com, with
        > whom WE WILL NOT BE MERGING. I believe our identity must be kept
        > intact, and thus pinoy_cosplay@yahoogroups.com will remain a
        > SEPARATE and INDEPENDENT community.
        >
        > Pinoy Cosplay ML has a long and proud history; not only is it a
        > mailing list, but it is also a group of people with a distinct
        > identity in the Philippine cosplay community on the Internet. We are
        > the FIRST and ORIGINAL Pinoy Cosplay.
        >
        > Anyway that's it! Thanks for all your time, and keep up the good
        > work!
        >
        > Sincerely,
        > Noelle ^.^~
        > http://www.geocities.com/docmegumi/

        --------------------------------------
        Know more about Breast Cancer
        http://pr.mail.yahoo.co.jp/pinkribbon/

        Fun games

        Princess of Wind and Air
        Green-Minded Fox Goddess
        Crusader of Truth, Love and Justice
        Open-minded Broadcast Communicator
        Former ICTUSian Idol (Back when I was more active...)

        Fun games

      • Noelle De Guzman
        Message 3 of 15 , Nov 7, 2005
          > Wow, Noelle, buhay ka pa pala. :)
          > I thought you turned your back on the anime community way, way
          back
          > (because I haven't heard any news about you in a while). Or maybe
          > it's just me who's not so active anymore. Hehe.

          :) I just didn't have the time or energy to participate in it
          anymore. I didn't have anything against the people, and to tell you
          the truth nakaka-miss nga eh.

          > Noeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelleeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! <gives Noelle a long-
          > overdue hug How goes it? I miss you! I'm sorry if I caused this
          > mess, but that Mike guy... we're all just so worried that he's
          > giving the community you knew and loved a bad name.

          As far as I'm concerned, he can keep his domain. (BTW he reads the
          archives nga pala.) From our end, what we can do is keep promoting
          our mailing list. We still have 300+ members, and some of them are
          even halfway around the world! Any active cosplayers here still?

          > I'm sorry also that I haven't been managing this group well, it's
          > just that I'm finding it so hard to keep people here... :( But
          > anyways that doesn't matter. At least everyone's coming together
          > again.

          Hey Joy, I visited our website. Maraming broken links and stuff. If
          you want, I can help with a site redesign. :)

          > i still have this cosplayer "passion" that sparked in me when i
          > read noelle's post. i just want to say, i'm speaking for the
          > others like me as well, that even though we're not as active as we
          > were at the first few years of this ML, in heart and spirit, all
          > the way, support kami sa pinoy cosplay!! ^_^ heheheh

          Thanks! Sana mabuhay naman yung mailing list.

          Noelle ^.^~
        • Hentai_Yin_Moko
          Message 4 of 15 , Nov 7, 2005
            Hi guys!

            Sorry to butt-in. Im not really a cosplayer but.. ...been here for quite
            sometime na din. Wala na ata yung handfull na kakilala ko dito. ":(_

            Weird somebody else registered a .com that is not really affiliated with you
            guys? Thats sad. ":(_

            .ph is still available i think. ":)_ or better yet eh .org. Gusto nyo? ":)_

            anyways, to the people here eh more power sa inyu! ":)_

            yun lang,
            HYM

            On 11/7/05, Noelle De Guzman <noelledeg@...> wrote:

            > > Wow, Noelle, buhay ka pa pala. :)
            > > I thought you turned your back on the anime community way, way
            > back
            > > (because I haven't heard any news about you in a while). Or maybe
            > > it's just me who's not so active anymore. Hehe.
            >
            > :) I just didn't have the time or energy to participate in it
            > anymore. I didn't have anything against the people, and to tell you
            > the truth nakaka-miss nga eh.
            >

            > > Noeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelleeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! <gives Noelle a long-
            > > overdue hug How goes it? I miss you! I'm sorry if I caused this
            > > mess, but that Mike guy... we're all just so worried that he's
            > > giving the community you knew and loved a bad name.
            >
            > As far as I'm concerned, he can keep his domain. (BTW he reads the
            > archives nga pala.) From our end, what we can do is keep promoting
            > our mailing list. We still have 300+ members, and some of them are
            > even halfway around the world! Any active cosplayers here still?
            >
            > > I'm sorry also that I haven't been managing this group well, it's
            > > just that I'm finding it so hard to keep people here... :( But
            > > anyways that doesn't matter. At least everyone's coming together
            > > again.
            >
            > Hey Joy, I visited our website. Maraming broken links and stuff. If
            > you want, I can help with a site redesign. :)
            >
            > > i still have this cosplayer "passion" that sparked in me when i
            > > read noelle's post. i just want to say, i'm speaking for the
            > > others like me as well, that even though we're not as active as we
            > > were at the first few years of this ML, in heart and spirit, all
            > > the way, support kami sa pinoy cosplay!! ^_^ heheheh
            >
            > Thanks! Sana mabuhay naman yung mailing list.
            >

            > Noelle ^.^~

            Be carefull of the toes you step on today,
            cos they might be connected to the ass that you will kiss tommorrow.

          • inuki
            Message 5 of 15 , Nov 7, 2005

              Message 6 of 15 , Nov 8, 2005
                Hello all! I am finally back from the dead. :D Hope everyone else is doing great yes?

                Anyways, I would like to ask you all for a favor... a really, REALLY huge favor.

                Would any of you fellow cosplayers past and present be willing to scan your pictures from previous (circa 2003 and older) conventions? I hope to use it for a little shrine built on the foundations and ashes of Pinoy_Cosplay - HOW VERY P_C. I would prefer the maximum resolution to be 300 dpi, and any size would do, just as long as they are clear and need minimum Photoshop retouching. :D

                Maybe we could have a group chat about the good old days...

                Damn I miss you all! <sniffles and gathers everyone for a big bear group hug>

                Thanks heaps!

                ~Haruka~

                Message 7 of 15 , Nov 8, 2005
                  Ey joy!

                  Mustasa? ":)_

                  Ive got 2001 to 2002 stuff lang. After that eh nag lay low na ako sa mga
                  anime events. ":(_

                  Anime Cosplay 2001 <http://animedia100.com/news&features/f_afcosplay.htm>
                  The AXN Anime Festival
                  2001<http://animedia100.com/news&features/f_axncosplay.htm>
                  3rd Hong Kong Comics Festival Pictures courtesy of Lain
                  Chan<http://animedia100.com/news&features/f_hk_cosplay.htm>
                  3rd Hong Kong Comics Festival Pictures (Part 2) courtesy of
                  Bamboo<http://animedia100.com/news&features/f_hk_cosplay_2.htm>
                  Images of Anime Quest 2001, Mega
                  Mall<http://animedia100.com/news&features/f_aq_cosplay.htm>
                  Images of Anime Quest 2002, Glorieta
                  1<http://animedia100.com/news&features/f_aq2k2.htm>

                  Or you can visit the main site at http://www.animedia100.com
                  Pick what you like and il look and see if the 300dpi versions are still
                  alive. I give you full authority to use them anyway you want. ":)_

                  i hope these stuff could help.

                  yun lang,
                  HYM

                  Just save what you like

                    Message 9 of 15 , Nov 8, 2005
                      Try contacting Ronald Guanzon: http://www.weareanime.org
                      <http://www.weareanime.org/>

                      That guy's been neck-deep in cosplay coverage since waaaaaay back. ;)

                      Mike

                      http://pinoycosplay.com <http://pinoycosplay.com/>

                      _____

[...]

                      Anime
                      <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Anime+movie&w1=Anime+movie&w2=Fun+games
                      &w3=Fun+movie&w4=Fun&c=4&s=56&.sig=7sqdmoENkao0LE8mw0MsqQ> movie

                      Fun
                      <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Fun+games&w1=Anime+movie&w2=Fun+games&w
                      3=Fun+movie&w4=Fun&c=4&s=56&.sig=KaWmNPcJd2IMS2_adGo9cw> games

                      Fun
                      <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Fun+movie&w1=Anime+movie&w2=Fun+games&w
                      3=Fun+movie&w4=Fun&c=4&s=56&.sig=7rQCYzWHl4Lqgb0mbo48fw> movie

                      Fun
                      <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Fun&w1=Anime+movie&w2=Fun+games&w3=Fun+
                      movie&w4=Fun&c=4&s=56&.sig=1E_sgWWri6P8w0SHDCiH-g>

                      _____

                      YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

                      * Visit your group "pinoy_cosplay
                      <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pinoy_cosplay> " on the web.

                      _____

                    • hentai_yin_moko
                      Message 10 of 15 , Nov 10, 2005
                        Eyo joy! ":)_

                        Been so busy eh. Bali ive tansformed animedia100.com into a hosting +
                        design + domain registration selling thingie na. ehhehe... But still
                        im an anime lover. ":)_

                        anyways, ive seen the orig photos from where those pics were scanned
                        from. inform mo na lang ako of what u need and when u need it. La kasi
                        ako scanner eh. ":(_

                        ingats lagi,
                        HYM

                        Message 11 of 15 , Nov 11, 2005
                          Maliliit yung pics ng animedia100... T_T Sana lahat ng pics makuha ko, siguro po by batch of cosplay and year (say, 1st batch-AEx 2000, 2nd batch Anime Cosplay Manila, ganun ba)... basta sana 300 dpi siya, pero kahit between 100-300 kb ang file size para naman hindi mag-degrade ang quality (i.e. pixellated) kapag ginalaw ko na.

                          Thanks heaps!!! :D

                          Message 12 of 15 , Nov 13, 2005
                            Good day joy! ":)_

                            The ones in my site are optimized for web viewing only. So that means eh
                            72dpi lang sila. ":(_ il go look if i can find my scanned pics (my raw
                            scanned pics are in 300dpi). if di ko makita i could just give you the raw
                            photos of all the events and kaw na lang mag scan. I currently dont have a
                            scanner at home and at the office. ":(_

                            I might be at the UP AME event. If youre going there eh bigay ko na lang sa
                            iyo dun if you want.

                            yun lang,
                            HYM

                            Message 13 of 15 , Nov 14, 2005
                              Hentai_Yin_Moko <israel.buenaluz@...> wrote:
                              Good day joy! ":)_

                              The ones in my site are optimized for web viewing only. So that means eh
                              72dpi lang sila. ":(_ il go look if i can find my scanned pics (my raw
                              scanned pics are in 300dpi). if di ko makita i could just give you the raw
                              photos of all the events and kaw na lang mag scan. I currently dont have a
                              scanner at home and at the office. ":(_

                              I might be at the UP AME event. If youre going there eh bigay ko na lang sa
                              iyo dun if you want.

                              yun lang,
                              HYMHey HYM! :D

                              Really? You'd do all that for me? Thanks heaps! I'll definitely be at the UP AME event, kAME Ulit. :D Or you can reach me through YM-ing here.

                              Message 14 of 15 , Nov 24, 2005
                                Hi joy!

                                I still couldnt find the CDs. ":(_

                                Oki lang if raw pictures bigay ko sa iyo?
                                Soli mo na lang pag OK ka na.

                                I stil have 1 day to look for the CDs.

                                Kita-kits bukas and good luck sa mga sasali sa cosplay!! ":)_