Re: [pinoy_cosplay] Digest Number 763

  • Joy Bordador
    Message 1 of 1 , May 25, 2004
      Hi!

      I'm one of the older members here, Haruka. Pleased to meet you all! ^_^

      Well, kung wala kayong maisip, take a cue from the cons that are coming
      up soon. Ganito kasi yun - minsan yung mga cons, iba't iba yung themes.
      You don't need to think so hard if may theme yung cosplay nila;
      besides, some events organizers are pretty strict on the themes. For
      example, sa Filbar's, dapat superhero yung ico-cosplay ninyo; looks
      like dapat ata American superhero yun. Sa Ragnarok con sa June 19-20
      naman, dapat Ragna chara/monster lang. During the Animax con last
      April, you were only allowed either a Ragna chara (since Level-Up
      Games, the official distributor of Philippine Ragnarok Online, was an
      official sponsor for the event) or a character straight out of the
      Animax stable of anim´┐Ż (or, if you wanted their manga versions, pwede
      rin ata but I'm not so sure).

      Next, consider the budget. Normally a costume will cost AT LEAST
      PhP2,000.00 these days. But if you are a veteran, or magaling kang
      maghalungkat/mag-recycle ng materials, you can make like Robert Wong
      (THE mecha cosplay god, IMHO ^_^) and challenge yourself to spend only
      PhP1,000.00 for your costume. Consider also if the costume will be
      comfortable for you and if it won't fall apart on the con event itself.

      Lastly, choose a character you feel that you look/act like. I
      personally go for sexy taray blonde characters, even if I don't look
      it, because some of my friends - all cosplay fans - told me that I act
      like a blonde, either bitchy or ditzy. ^_^ Not that it's such a good
      thing though. v^V^v

      Ganun lang! Good luck and God bless! Hope to see you in the next cons!

      =====
      Fox Goddess, Crusader of Truth and Justice, the Princess of Wind and Air,
      ~Haruka~
      Owner of the Kaka Fun Club ML
      Youngest Moderator of the Pinoy_Cosplay and YYHREN MLs
      Moderator of the Anything-Goes RPG and the Sailor_Moon_NH RPG
      Webmistress of the Kaka Fun Collective

      http://messenger.yahoo.com/