Making sure

  • Keisuke
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 6, 2003
      Hi~

      I was wondering how do you make sure no one else cosplays for a
      character in a group you're cosplaying. ^_^; Or if you're cosplaying
      as a group, no one else does the same. That is, if there really is a
      way...

      --KT/chibi K
    • haruka173
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 6, 2003
        Hello Chibi-K! ^_^ Welcome to the group!

        --- In pinoy_cosplay@yahoogroups.com, "Keisuke" <alone@s...> wrote:
        > Hi~
        >
        > I was wondering how do you make sure no one else cosplays for a
        > character in a group you're cosplaying. ^_^; Or if you're
        cosplaying
        > as a group, no one else does the same. That is, if there really is
        > way...

        The only way to do this is to announce that you don't want
        any "twins" (twin charas - seeing another person come exactly as you)
        come cosplay season in nearly all the cosplay MLs. Failing that, you
        better tell all your cosplaying friends to spread the word. ^_^;

        Hope you enjoy your stay!

        =====
        The Princess of Wind and Soldier of Air,
        ~Haruka~
      • raisa de guzman
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 6, 2003
          hi . . . :D
          hmm . . . about yung "making sure" na hindi ka makokopya ng ibang cosplayers . . . well . . . mahirap talaga iyan.
          alam mo naman na marami ding hindi makakaintindi niyan eh. and . . . may iba, sobrang mahal nila ang character . . .eh hindi talaga nila binibitawan. :D
          and . . .um . . . i believe that everyone is free to cosplay any character that they want. so . . . my friend, mag cosplay ka na lang. don't mind what other cosplayers will do. kung may kapareha ka . . . so what? eh ganoon eh.
          i mean, last time, may kapareha din ako. nag-karin rin siya. okay lang naman sa akin. kasi una, hindi ko naman pagmamay-ari talaga yung character. so talagang wala akong karapatan na sabihin na hindi niya puwedeng icosplay ang character ko or something. :) kahit na ba na nauna ako . . . ekek. :) okay?
          happy cosplay. kitakits na lang sa april 27! :D
          rai

        • Keisuke
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 8, 2003
            Haruka-san: Thanks for the welcome. ^-^

            Rai-san: Hmm, you have a point. Of course everyone is free to
            cosplay a character. Nasasayangan lang kasi talaga ako kung may
            group cosplay tapos may kapareho...err, at saka I read somewhere
            kasi parang nire-reserve nya na yung isang group, sana wala na daw
            mag-cosplay na iba...Oh well. Diskarte na lang nila siguro. ^_^

            --Chibi K

            --- In pinoy_cosplay@yahoogroups.com, raisa de guzman
            <karin_ang_dakilang_manggagaway@y...> wrote:

            > hi . . . :D
            > hmm . . . about yung "making sure" na hindi ka makokopya ng ibang
            cosplayers . . . well . . . mahirap talaga iyan.
            > alam mo naman na marami ding hindi makakaintindi niyan eh.
            and . . . may iba, sobrang mahal nila ang character . . .eh hindi
            talaga nila binibitawan. :D
            > and . . .um . . . i believe that everyone is free to cosplay any
            character that they want. so . . . my friend, mag cosplay ka na
            lang. don't mind what other cosplayers will do. kung may kapareha
            ka . . . so what? eh ganoon eh.
            > i mean, last time, may kapareha din ako. nag-karin rin siya. okay
            lang naman sa akin. kasi una, hindi ko naman pagmamay-ari talaga
            yung character. so talagang wala akong karapatan na sabihin na hindi
            niya puwedeng icosplay ang character ko or something. :) kahit na ba
            na nauna ako . . . ekek. :) okay?
            > happy cosplay. kitakits na lang sa april 27! :D
            > rai

          • raisa de guzman
            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 8, 2003
              hehe. thank you for understanding my reply. :D btw, ano nga ba ang icocosplay mo? para macheer kita. hehe. teka puwede pa ba ito? baka mamaya hindi na pala . . . :D

              rai

            • haruka173
              Message 6 of 9 , Apr 10, 2003
                Hey Rai, glad to see you again. ^_^ <hugs>

                I agree with you. Although some of us - myself and some friends of
                mine who are both newbies and oldies alike in cosplaying - are very,
                VERY defensive of our cosplay prospects. Like me, I want to cosplay
                someone from Gasaraki as well as this certain manga without anyone
                else knowing or imitating me because I want to be the only one with
                that costume. ^_^ Selfish and childish, I know. But it's at elast
                double the satisfaction to find that you were the first to cosplay
                that character, and that you had one of the best costumes for that
                character. Believe me - I was the first SailorMoon character (as
                Sailor Uranus), so I know what I'm talking about. ^_~

                Thanks to a friend, though, I have seen the light, so I'm cool if
                anyone cosplays as a character from those sereis - but if anyone else
                STILL cosplays as the character that I want to cosplay as, there'll
                be hell to pay. ^_^;;;

                =====
                Fox Goddess, Crusader of Truth and Justice, the Princess of Wind and
                Air,
                ~Haruka~
                Owner of the Kaka Fun Club ML
                Youngest Moderator of the Pinoy_Cosplay and YYHREN MLs
                Moderator of the Anything-Goes RPG and the Sailor_Moon_NH RPG
                Webmistress of the Kaka Fun Collective
              • raisa de guzman
                Message 7 of 9 , Apr 11, 2003
                  hehe. thanks. :D (hugs back) miss na kita, my friend. and of course, all cosplayers.

                  kitakits na lang sa april 25? 26? or 27? hehehe.

                  rai

                • witchblade
                  Message 8 of 9 , Apr 13, 2003
                    Yeah, it's really hard to avoid having someone to
                    cosplay the same character as you do in an anime con.
                    May 2002- I decided to cosplay as Lulu from FFX. I
                    really love her costume and the character
                    herself...but I heard there'll be TONS of Lulus this
                    coming April.. lol. Ah wells, I am already involved so
                    I cant hold back now. ^^;;;

                    --- haruka173 <harukachan@...> wrote:
                    > Hey Rai, glad to see you again. ^_^ <hugs>
                    >
                    > I agree with you. Although some of us - myself and
                    > some friends of
                    > mine who are both newbies and oldies alike in
                    > cosplaying - are very,
                    > VERY defensive of our cosplay prospects. Like me, I
                    > want to cosplay
                    > someone from Gasaraki as well as this certain manga
                    > without anyone
                    > else knowing or imitating me because I want to be
                    > the only one with
                    > that costume. ^_^ Selfish and childish, I know. But
                    > it's at elast
                    > double the satisfaction to find that you were the
                    > first to cosplay
                    > that character, and that you had one of the best
                    > costumes for that
                    > character. Believe me - I was the first SailorMoon
                    > character (as
                    > Sailor Uranus), so I know what I'm talking about.
                    > ^_~
                    >
                    > Thanks to a friend, though, I have seen the light,
                    > so I'm cool if
                    > anyone cosplays as a character from those sereis -
                    > but if anyone else
                    > STILL cosplays as the character that I want to
                    > cosplay as, there'll
                    > be hell to pay. ^_^;;;
                    >

                    > =====
                    > Fox Goddess, Crusader of Truth and Justice, the
                    > Princess of Wind and
                    > Air,
                    > ~Haruka~
                    > Owner of the Kaka Fun Club ML
                    > Youngest Moderator of the Pinoy_Cosplay and YYHREN
                    > MLs
                    > Moderator of the Anything-Goes RPG and the
                    > Sailor_Moon_NH RPG
                    > Webmistress of the Kaka Fun Collective

                    http://tax.yahoo.com
                  • raisa de guzman
                    Message 9 of 9 , Apr 13, 2003
                      oo nga. after the success ba naman of a "lulu" malamang . . . hehe. of course, may iba talagang mahal yung character. no doubt about that. hehe. oh well, may the best lulu win. :D

                      rai