Re: ARGGHH!!

  • Anime Uchi's WebMaster
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 27, 2003
      "witchblade" <witchblade_vampire@...> wrote:

      >My only worry was that we might get asked to leave the
      >con because we are wearing 'invalid' costumes. Such
      >crazy thought from me , I know. But I am just so
      >paranoid sometimes.

      **>
      Well I'm sure they won't ask you to leave, since they don't do that even you came in as anime character. But don't expect them to approve about letting you join the contest.

      >So, I guess you'll see the X-men Evolution characters
      >there after all. No need for us to register right? ^_^

      **>
      Yup you can go there but you won't be able to join that's all.

      _______________________________________
      EDSAMAIL. Internet the way YOU WANT IT.
      www.edsamail.com.ph
    • Cmdr. Gabe E.
      Message 2 of 12 , Mar 11, 2003
        HI, CHARLES and MINA!!!

        aaah...it's been a while since i've been here in pinoy_cosplay put i
        just had to comment on your (charles') idea to cosplay as a Wheel of
        Time character ^_^...al Lan Mandragoran ;)! I LOVE THE WOT SERIES!!!
        i'm reading book four now, though i haven't finished it yet >.<.
        Yeah, Lan's kewl. One of my faves would have to be Thom Merrillin
        and maybe Perrin ^_^. heheh...yun lang.

        as for mina, are you the rinoah mina or the mina who came as mina
        from pasig in the c3con? ^_^...just wondering.

        anyway, i'll be in the convention later...heheh...medyo casual lang
        costume ko, but i'm not sure if i'll still register for the cosplay
        since medyo alanganin yung character ko >.< (di ko nga alam kung
        puwedeng sci fi siya eh >.<)

        oh well, i hope new worlds will be fun and well worth the travel ^o^
        (school day pa naman x.x)
        c u guys there!!!

        ~GABE (revolver ocelot cosplayer c3con, shredder cosplayer aq2k2)

        --- In pinoy_cosplay@yahoogroups.com, Charles Tan <charles@m...>
        wrote:
        > Yup, my fellow moderator is right. As much as I want to be credited
        as
        > being one of the organizers, that is not the case. I am just
        forwarding
        > the official press release since pinoy_cosplay didn't receive it
        > although the other egroup I was in did.
        >
        > And I'm not the organizer. I want the rules bent too. But since
        it's
        > limited to live-action SF&F shows, I can't cosplay characters from
        books
        > like, say, the Wheel of Time series (Lan's cool!), David Edding's
        books
        > (I know a friend who'll make a lovely Polgara), Dragonlance (I
        think I'd
        > make a good Raistlin), Magic: The Gathering (Juzam Dijinn?), the
        other
        > Dune novels, etc.
        >
        > Email the organizers. Hopefully they'll change their policy, on the
        next
        > con if not the upcoming one.
        >
        > On a side note, if anyone wants to make me a Harry Potter costume...
        >
        > My advice is also for people to go and dress up what they want.
        Sure,
        > there'll be no prizes but what the heck, right?
        >
        > haruka173 wrote:
        >
        > > Actually, it's alright. ^_^
        > >
        > > BUT, I don't think he's actually a PART of the New Worlds
        organizing
        > > committee in any way - are you Kuya Charles? ^_^ Please correct
        me if
        > > I'm wrong.
        >

        > --
        > "Homosexuals have been among the best warriors in our history, the
        > berserkers of last resort. They were among our best priests and
        > priestesses. Celibacy was no accident in religions. It is also no
        > accident that adolescents make the best soldiers."
        > - Moneo, God Emperor of Dune
      • witchblade
        Message 3 of 12 , Mar 11, 2003
          Yeah, I am the aq2k2 rinoa cosplayer and mina at
          c3con. I was also Haruko last AOI ^_^v

          X-Men evolution characters also wear casual clothes,
          so dont worry about your costume Gabe ^_^v btw, I
          really love the Metal Gear Solid series XDD

          See you later then =)

          -Mina

          http://webhosting.yahoo.com