Re: [pinoy_cosplay] Re: ARGGHH!!

  • Charles Tan
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 26, 2003
      Yup, my fellow moderator is right. As much as I want to be credited as
      being one of the organizers, that is not the case. I am just forwarding
      the official press release since pinoy_cosplay didn't receive it
      although the other egroup I was in did.

      And I'm not the organizer. I want the rules bent too. But since it's
      limited to live-action SF&F shows, I can't cosplay characters from books
      like, say, the Wheel of Time series (Lan's cool!), David Edding's books
      (I know a friend who'll make a lovely Polgara), Dragonlance (I think I'd
      make a good Raistlin), Magic: The Gathering (Juzam Dijinn?), the other
      Dune novels, etc.

      Email the organizers. Hopefully they'll change their policy, on the next
      con if not the upcoming one.

      On a side note, if anyone wants to make me a Harry Potter costume...

      My advice is also for people to go and dress up what they want. Sure,
      there'll be no prizes but what the heck, right?

      --
      "Homosexuals have been among the best warriors in our history, the
      berserkers of last resort. They were among our best priests and
      Message 2 of 12 , Feb 27, 2003
        Well I know them personally, and I think they really won't reconsider about bending the rules.

        You can still go as one of the characters of X-Men Evolution, but you won't be able to compete. Anyways here's another suggestion for those who still want to join...

        They are open to live-action characters on TV, and movies related to Science Fiction and Fanatsy. I asked them if they will allow any cosplayer going as sentai characters, and they approved it. As long as it live-action like any sentai series that has science fiction or fantasy related.

        So anybody here going as Godzilla or Ultrman? =)

        "Charles Tan" <charles@...> wrote:

        >Email the organizers. Hopefully they'll change their policy, on the next
        >con if not the upcoming one.
        >
        >On a side note, if anyone wants to make me a Harry Potter costume...
        >
        >My advice is also for people to go and dress up what they want. Sure,
        >there'll be no prizes but what the heck, right?

        _______________________________________
        EDSAMAIL. Internet the way YOU WANT IT.
        www.edsamail.com.ph
      • witchblade
        Message 3 of 12 , Feb 27, 2003
          Well, I guess we'll still go in X-Men costumes.
          Besides, we are not expecting to win or compete since
          their get-up in the series looks like regular clothes.
          I dont event think that anyone would see us as
          cosplayers lol.

          My only worry was that we might get asked to leave the
          con because we are wearing 'invalid' costumes. Such
          crazy thought from me , I know. But I am just so
          paranoid sometimes.

          So, I guess you'll see the X-men Evolution characters
          there after all. No need for us to register right? ^_^

          Regards,
          Mina

          --- Anime Uchi's WebMaster <animeuchi@...>
          wrote:
          > Well I know them personally, and I think they really
          > won't reconsider about bending the rules.
          >
          > You can still go as one of the characters of X-Men
          > Evolution, but you won't be able to compete. Anyways
          > here's another suggestion for those who still want
          > to join...
          >
          > They are open to live-action characters on TV, and
          > movies related to Science Fiction and Fanatsy. I
          > asked them if they will allow any cosplayer going as
          > sentai characters, and they approved it. As long as
          > it live-action like any sentai series that has
          > science fiction or fantasy related.
          >
          > So anybody here going as Godzilla or Ultrman? =)

          > "Charles Tan" <charles@...> wrote:
          >

          > >Email the organizers. Hopefully they'll change
          > their policy, on the next
          > >con if not the upcoming one.
          > >
          > >On a side note, if anyone wants to make me a Harry
          > Potter costume...
          > >
          > >My advice is also for people to go and dress up
          > what they want. Sure,
          > >there'll be no prizes but what the heck, right?

          http://taxes.yahoo.com/
        • Anime Uchi's WebMaster
          Message 4 of 12 , Feb 27, 2003
            "witchblade" <witchblade_vampire@...> wrote:

            >My only worry was that we might get asked to leave the
            >con because we are wearing 'invalid' costumes. Such
            >crazy thought from me , I know. But I am just so
            >paranoid sometimes.

            **>
            Well I'm sure they won't ask you to leave, since they don't do that even you came in as anime character. But don't expect them to approve about letting you join the contest.

            >So, I guess you'll see the X-men Evolution characters
            >there after all. No need for us to register right? ^_^

            **>
            Yup you can go there but you won't be able to join that's all.

            _______________________________________
            EDSAMAIL. Internet the way YOU WANT IT.
            www.edsamail.com.ph
          • Cmdr. Gabe E.
            Message 5 of 12 , Mar 11, 2003
              HI, CHARLES and MINA!!!

              aaah...it's been a while since i've been here in pinoy_cosplay put i
              just had to comment on your (charles') idea to cosplay as a Wheel of
              Time character ^_^...al Lan Mandragoran ;)! I LOVE THE WOT SERIES!!!
              i'm reading book four now, though i haven't finished it yet >.<.
              Yeah, Lan's kewl. One of my faves would have to be Thom Merrillin
              and maybe Perrin ^_^. heheh...yun lang.

              as for mina, are you the rinoah mina or the mina who came as mina
              from pasig in the c3con? ^_^...just wondering.

              anyway, i'll be in the convention later...heheh...medyo casual lang
              costume ko, but i'm not sure if i'll still register for the cosplay
              since medyo alanganin yung character ko >.< (di ko nga alam kung
              puwedeng sci fi siya eh >.<)

              oh well, i hope new worlds will be fun and well worth the travel ^o^
              (school day pa naman x.x)
              c u guys there!!!

              ~GABE (revolver ocelot cosplayer c3con, shredder cosplayer aq2k2)

              --- In pinoy_cosplay@yahoogroups.com, Charles Tan <charles@m...>
              wrote:
              > Yup, my fellow moderator is right. As much as I want to be credited
              as
              > being one of the organizers, that is not the case. I am just
              forwarding
              > the official press release since pinoy_cosplay didn't receive it
              > although the other egroup I was in did.
              >
              > And I'm not the organizer. I want the rules bent too. But since
              it's
              > limited to live-action SF&F shows, I can't cosplay characters from
              books
              > like, say, the Wheel of Time series (Lan's cool!), David Edding's
              books
              > (I know a friend who'll make a lovely Polgara), Dragonlance (I
              think I'd
              > make a good Raistlin), Magic: The Gathering (Juzam Dijinn?), the
              other
              > Dune novels, etc.
              >
              > Email the organizers. Hopefully they'll change their policy, on the
              next
              > con if not the upcoming one.
              >
              > On a side note, if anyone wants to make me a Harry Potter costume...
              >
              > My advice is also for people to go and dress up what they want.
              Sure,
              > there'll be no prizes but what the heck, right?
              >
              > haruka173 wrote:
              >
              > > Actually, it's alright. ^_^
              > >
              > > BUT, I don't think he's actually a PART of the New Worlds
              organizing
              > > committee in any way - are you Kuya Charles? ^_^ Please correct
              me if
              > > I'm wrong.
              >

              > --
              > "Homosexuals have been among the best warriors in our history, the
              > berserkers of last resort. They were among our best priests and
              > priestesses. Celibacy was no accident in religions. It is also no
              > accident that adolescents make the best soldiers."
              > - Moneo, God Emperor of Dune
            • witchblade
              Message 6 of 12 , Mar 11, 2003
                Yeah, I am the aq2k2 rinoa cosplayer and mina at
                c3con. I was also Haruko last AOI ^_^v

                X-Men evolution characters also wear casual clothes,
                so dont worry about your costume Gabe ^_^v btw, I
                really love the Metal Gear Solid series XDD

                See you later then =)

                -Mina

                http://webhosting.yahoo.com