boots

  • Mika :)
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 20, 2003
      Question to those who have cosplayed wearing boots (those high ones
      ala-Sailormoon)...

      Is there a place that makes them, and how do they stay up? ^_^

      Thanks :)

      --
      +++ GMX - Mail, Messaging & more http://www.gmx.net +++
    • quattrobagina <bengus@edsamail.com.ph>
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 20, 2003
        Depends on your price range actually. Look for shoemakers in the
        yellow pages and start calling them...

        But overall, the cheapest custom-made boots/shoes are in Marikina. Go
        around there and ask. IIRC, even long boots won't cost you more than
        1k.

        Fed

      • haruka173 <haruka173@yahoo.com>
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 26, 2003
          Ala Sailormoon, you say??? ^______________^

          I can help!

          If you'd like custom-made boots, a trip to Marikina or the Marikina
          Shoe Expo in Cubao (it's also in the same area as the Araneta
          Coliseum) is in order. ^_^ I think the minimum price is Php1,500 ...
          but that includes durable craftsmanship and presonalized add-ons
          which you can request to be placed on the boots.

          Or alternately, if you just want to make boot coverings (or you'd
          like the boots to have a cloth-like finish), get stretched cloth and
          sew coverings over your shoes (make sure these are shoes you can put
          up with for the entire duration of the con!!!) so they would have a
          nice, boot-like finish. Of course, I recommend this only if you:

          1) can handle needle and thread very well;
          2) have the time to handle needle and thread; and
          3) would like to cut back on spendings (IMHO it's cheaper if you make
          your costumes & accessories yourself, provided you've got the skills
          and have planned creating them all very carefully).

          Check out the archives of this group ... a cosplayer friend of mine,
          Yui-san, sent us tips on how to make boot coverings a while back. ^_^
          If not for her I wouldn't have finished my Sailor Uranus costume.

          Take care, good luck & God(dess) bless! ^_~

          =====
          The Princess of Wind and Air,
          ~Haruka~
          Youngest Moderator of the Phioy_Cosplay and YYHREN MLs
          Crusader for Truth, Peace and Justice

          --- In pinoy_cosplay@yahoogroups.com, "quattrobagina <bengus@e...>"
          <bengus@e...> wrote:
          > Depends on your price range actually. Look for shoemakers in the
          > yellow pages and start calling them...
          >
          > But overall, the cheapest custom-made boots/shoes are in Marikina.
          Go
          > around there and ask. IIRC, even long boots won't cost you more
          than
          > 1k.
          >
          > Fed
          >

          > --- In pinoy_cosplay@yahoogroups.com, Mika :) <meekerz@g...> wrote:
          > >
          > > Question to those who have cosplayed wearing boots (those high
          ones
          > > ala-Sailormoon)...
          > >
          > > Is there a place that makes them, and how do they stay up? ^_^
          > >
          > > Thanks :)
        • Mika :)
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 27, 2003
            Thanks for the help and replies! We're definitely gonna be
            ~attempting~ the coverings :)

            > Or alternately, if you just want to make boot coverings (or you'd
            > like the boots to have a cloth-like finish), get stretched cloth and
            > sew coverings over your shoes (make sure these are shoes you can put
            > up with for the entire duration of the con!!!) so they would have a
            > nice, boot-like finish.

            Serra Angel! Or the Elvish Ranger with good art! Hehehe :)

            > And I'm not the organizer. I want the rules bent too. But since it's
            > limited to live-action SF&F shows, I can't cosplay characters from
            > books like, say, the Wheel of Time series (Lan's cool!), David
            > Edding's books (I know a friend who'll make a lovely Polgara),
            > Dragonlance (I think I'd make a good Raistlin), Magic: The Gathering
            > (Juzam Dijinn?), the other Dune novels, etc.

            p.s. Hi to everyone i met at the anime prom :)