Blah! Blah! Blah! Anime News No.015 [May 8, 2002]

  • Anime Uchi's WebMaster
    Message 1 of 1 , May 7, 2002
      What's Hip & Happening in the Anime Biz?

      [1] New Manga, Magazine, & Comics at Comic Odyssey
      [2] Non-Anime Buzz Join the first Philippine Star Trek Club?!

      =*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=
      A n i m e N e w s B u z z
      =*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=

      Wednesday, May 8, 2002
      ===================

      [New Manga, Magazine, & Comics at Comic Odyssey]

      Big O Part 1 #4
      Blade of the Immortal #67 : Beasts
      Oh My Goddess Part XI #10 : Mystery Child
      Ranma 1/2 Part 11 #3 (of 11)
      Slayers Special #5
      Transformers Generation1 #2

      ----

      Graphic Novels/Trade Paperbacks

      Kabuki Vol. 6 Scarab HC *

      * - Hard Cover

      =*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*
      N o n - A n i m e B u z z
      =*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*

      JOIN THE FIRST FILIPINO ORGANIZED STAR TREK CLUB!

      Filipino Star Trek fans can experience what American fans is enjoying right now, a Filipino organized Star Trek Club. Fans out there who's been into the Sci-Fi TV show will get a chance to experience being a "trekkie" watching episodes you missed, and you can see it every Thursday nights for FREE at the...

      Brash Young Cinema (BYC) - http://brashyoungcinema.tripod.com/
      -Basement, S&L (Unisys) Building, Esteban corner DelaRosa Street, Legaspi Village, Makati City 1229, Philippines

      There are two kinds of membership, no official names yet. Basically, there's the mailing list membership, which any Trek fan in the Philippines can join and enjoy for free, and there's the Via Astris, Inc. membership, which is the non-profit organization we've set up, which costs PhP 500.00/year. We're coming up with a package that will justify the cost, and currently it includes a Via Astris Logo Patch, VCD borrowing privileges and a membership card that we're hoping other establishments will recognize and award discounts to. They're currently in the organizational phase so, rest assured, there's more to come.

      We have weekly meetings that everybody can enjoy FREE. You should come and see the collection of books and video games that some members have donated or loaned to the club. It fills up a four-drawer filing cabinet.

      Special thanks to...
      Comic Odyssey, UFPI-PHC & Brash Young Cinema... and to every fan who's supported Anime Uchi & its partners.

      Anime Uchi (C) Copyright 2002 All Rights reserved.
      Log on to the official website http://animeuchi.cjb.net

      www.edsamail.com