Re: [pinoy_cosplay] tailor

  • Jocelyn C Bordador
    Message 1 of 15 , Mar 30 12:26 AM
      pinoy_cosplay@yahoogroups.com wrote:

      >Does anybody know a good quality tailor that can stitch my costume?
      >and does anyone know a good place where i can buy my materials for
      >the costume?

      First, welcome to the group! You forgot to introduce yourself though, BTW. ^_^;;;

      Um, good is a "relative" term, first and foremost, since even if you and your friends go to the same seamstress or tailor you'll get mixed results for your costumes. Sometimes it's best to leave it to your good old family suki, since you know the person and that seamstress/tailor will give you the costume the way you want it for less than the usual price.

      Of course, the suki of most cosplayers is the Anime Seamstress, who makes the loveliest costumes. Although she can get pricey, she's your best bet - after all, she even does the sourcing of materials if you can't get them yourself. One warning though: you have to reserve AT LEAST 6 MONTHS EARLY before the next convention, so she can accomodate you. I tried it, but she was swamped with orders. In fact, I don't think she'll accept anymore at the moment. Good luck! ^_^

      Next, some people have their local suki do it, and it's easier that way. Others have their costumes made by their friends, who know of a great seamstress/tailor. Of course, you'll need to bring your own materials (nakakahiya naman kasi if you rely on your friend or his/her seamstress/tailor to do EVERYTHING), but if you have little time and know no one to do the job, this is a good option. ^_^

      Lastly, some of us have taken to, well, doing it ourselves! That's the easiest way to get the costumes the wya you want, although there's not much room for error, because when it's only a week (or, heaven forbid, a FEW DAYS) left till the con and you're still working frantically then the costume falls apart, you're done for. ^_^;;; But if you've got the gift, stitch away! Most of my friends have found it worthwhile.

      Hope these helped!

      ~Haruka~

      PS It would be a GREAT time for EVERYONE to delurk right about now... ^_^

      PPS Happy Easter in advance everyone! ^.~

      __________________________________
      www.edsamail.com
    • Jocelyn C Bordador
      Message 2 of 15 , Mar 30 6:48 AM
        pinoy_cosplay@yahoogroups.com wrote:

        >Ive here since i couldnt remember,
        >this is just my first time to post though

        All the more reason to introduce yourself, dear. ^_^ It'll be easier for us to say "hi" to you then. ^V^

        >Isnt the nearest cosplay on november 3?

        Around that time, yes, unless you count the Anime Atsumarou of Feata, which should occur at the last Sunday of October. ^_^

        >Anime seamstress? Yeah i heard of her, but its too hard to get an
        >appointment...

        You said it!

        >I dont know how to stitch either.

        Well, guess can't argue with that.

        >Do you know any tailor?

        I do but they live near me. Try the public market nearest your house.
        If you live in Makati try the JP Rizal area or the public market, there's a lot around there. ^-~

        >I'll try your advice..

        You should. I'm sorry if I'm not much help, but this is all based on personal experience. If the others delurk I'm sure they'll have something to say about this too! ^_^;

        >THANKS

        You're welcome!

        www.edsamail.com
      • Jocelyn C Bordador
        Message 3 of 15 , Mar 30 7:22 AM
          pinoy_cosplay@yahoogroups.com wrote:

          >Ps.
          >Where can i by neat materials?
          >Do you know a place which you can recommend?

          1) DIVISORIA forever. The one-stop place for most - if not ALL - your clothing needs! (One tip: GO DURING WEEKDAYS, that's when the crowds aren't as big. And be careful of slahers and robbers!) ^_^
          2) Marikina Shoe Expo, Cubao, QC - My little secret. The people there can make shoes for you, perfect if you need to wear unusual footwear but are in a budget. ^_^
          3) Carolina's and The Fabric Warehouse boutiques - The best places to find cloth when you're in a mall. ^_^
          4) The public market - There are shoes and cloth shops there too. Some may even have materials for creating the perfect accessories. ^_^

          There, you're all set now. Good luck and happy hunting!

          (Geez, guys naman, patulong o...? ^_^;;; Please?)

          www.edsamail.com
        • Jocelyn C Bordador
          Message 4 of 15 , Mar 30 10:12 PM
            pinoy_cosplay@yahoogroups.com wrote:

            >Thanks alot!! I should call you haruko-hime.

            Sorry kid, BIG mistake. I am the GREAT Ten�u Haruka-sama!!! XD (Mods, sorry for showboating and all. Peace! ^V^v)

            >I want to cosplay as Eriol Hiragizawa.

            That's great! Just make sure you look different from the other Eriol cosplayers. Some of us, unforutnately, don't take too kindly to having other cosplayers come as the characters we've planned to cosplay for so long. ^_^;;;

            (::grabs bullhorn and stands on a soapbox:: ATTENTION ERIOL COSPLAYERS! NOW'S YOUR CHANCE TO STAND UP AND HAVE A SAY IN ALL OF THIS!!!)

            >I posted some pics but it was removed by yahoo!groups.
            >So i upload them on the photo section.

            Yup, that's a better way to upload them. Don't forget to label the album you put them in, BTW. Oh, and before I forget to tell you again, our ML doesn't support attachments in our emails, which should explain why Yahoo!Groups removed them. ^_^

            >Thanks alot again...

            You're more than welcome. ^_^

            >anybody want to help me buy? ^^

            Um, I'm sorry, all my days for this week are booked. ^_^;;;

            Happy Easter again everyone! ^_^

            () ()
            (^:^)
            ~Haruka~
            The Foxy Easter Bunny ^.~

            __________________________________
            www.edsamail.com
          • ^_AkoAyAnime_^
            Message 5 of 15 , Mar 31 3:58 AM
              ei... gud luck... when do you plan to cosplay eriol?
              sa nov?... hmm... sa nov. cosplay ko kasi si keroberos... hehehe ^^'

              para same group tayo... ^___^

              akoayanime a.k.a kero-chan, kyou-kun, uchuujin-san
              PhilOtaku.Net - http://www.philotaku.net
              > >Thanks alot!! I should call you haruko-hime.
              >
              > Sorry kid, BIG mistake. I am the GREAT Tenóu Haruka-sama!!! XD
              (Mods, sorry for showboating and all. Peace! ^V^v)

              > >I want to cosplay as Eriol Hiragizawa.
              >
              > That's great! Just make sure you look different from the other
              Eriol cosplayers. Some of us, unforutnately, don't take too kindly to
              having other cosplayers come as the characters we've planned to
              cosplay for so long. ^_^;;;

              > (::grabs bullhorn and stands on a soapbox:: ATTENTION ERIOL
              COSPLAYERS! NOW'S YOUR CHANCE TO STAND UP AND HAVE A SAY IN ALL OF
              THIS!!!)

              > >I posted some pics but it was removed by yahoo!groups.
              > >So i upload them on the photo section.
              >
              > Yup, that's a better way to upload them. Don't forget to label the
              album you put them in, BTW. Oh, and before I forget to tell you
              again, our ML doesn't support attachments in our emails, which should
              explain why Yahoo!Groups removed them. ^_^

              > >Thanks alot again...
              >
              > You're more than welcome. ^_^
              >
              > >anybody want to help me buy? ^^
              >
              > Um, I'm sorry, all my days for this week are booked. ^_^;;;
              >
              > Happy Easter again everyone! ^_^
              >

              > () ()
              > (^:^)
              > ~Haruka~
              > The Foxy Easter Bunny ^.~
              >

              > __________________________________
              > www.edsamail.com

              Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

            • Jocelyn C Bordador
              Message 6 of 15 , Mar 31 8:54 AM
                pinoy_cosplay@yahoogroups.com wrote:

                >;p Ill be the BEST eriol ever.
                >
                >Thanks again Princess Haruko!

                Sorry for the one-liner, but ... the name's not HARUKO, it's HARUKA!!! XP

                www.edsamail.com
              • Hentai Yin Moko
                Message 7 of 15 , Mar 31 5:59 PM
                  At 09:14 PM 3/30/02, you wrote:

                  >Ive here since i couldnt remember,
                  >this is just my first time to post though
                  >
                  >Isnt the nearest cosplay on november 3?
                  >Anime seamstress? Yeah i heard of her, but its too hard to get an
                  >appointment...
                  >I dont know how to stitch either.
                  >
                  >Do you know any tailor?
                  >
                  >I'll try your advice..
                  >THANKS

                  HYM::::

                  Hi there!

                  I asked around at FEATA and they said that there would be a "members only"
                  event this april. Dont know kung may cosplay dun.

                  yun lang

                  Hentai Yin Moko
                  "be careful of the toes you step on today,
                  'cos they might be connected to the ass that you will kiss tomorrow."

                  http://www.animedia100.com
                  on-line anime media and more

                • rei ayanami
                  Message 8 of 15 , Apr 1, 2002
                    Yea! Korek k dyan! Sa Divisoria....and sa Marikina....puwede kang magpa-design ng sarili mong shoes! Punta k sa Marikna River Bank Mall....

                    Message 9 of 15 , Apr 1, 2002
                      Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!! People are FINALLY delurking!!! ^-^

                      Haruka-chan's happy level go high, high, HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGH!!! ~-~

                      Saan ang Marikina River Bank Mall? Ang layo kasi noon sa amin eh... ^_^;;; At saka what do they have (besides shoes) na pwedeng gamiting for cosplay? Thanks talaga!!!

                      () ()
                      (^:^)
                      ~Haruka~
                      Foxy Phantom Thief Sailor Uranus ^.~

                      Message 10 of 15 , Apr 1, 2002
                        well, it's obviously in marikina city. If u know where Sta. Lucia East Grand Mall and Robinsons East are... then...malapit na iyon! Malapit din siya sa Cubao....Pwede k kaseng magpa-design ng sarili mong shoes. Actually, they have this program in computer that designs shoes....and u can only find it in mkna... well that's accdg to "feel @ home". Aside from shoes....don't have any idea....i hope natulungan kta! <--^--^-->
                        Jocelyn C Bordador <harukachan@...> wrote: Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!! People are FINALLY delurking!!! ^-^

                        Message 11 of 15 , Apr 1, 2002
                          Thanks dear!!! ^.~

                          BTW from what I heard there MIGHT be a FEATA cosplay con this month ... but from what I know it just might be limited to members. ^_^;;;

                          Sa mga hindi pa members, sali na kayo!!! XD

                          () ()
                          (^:^)
                          ~Haruka~
                          Foxy Phantom Thief Sailor Uranus ^.~

                          pinoy_cosplay@yahoogroups.com wrote:

                          >well, it's obviously in marikina city. If u know where Sta. Lucia East Grand Mall and Robinsons East are... then...malapit na iyon! Malapit din siya sa Cubao....Pwede k kaseng magpa-design ng sarili mong shoes. Actually, they have this program in computer that designs shoes....and u can only find it in mkna... well that's accdg to "feel @ home". Aside from shoes....don't have any idea....i hope natulungan kta! <--^--^-->

                          > Jocelyn C Bordador <harukachan@...> wrote: Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!! People are FINALLY delurking!!! ^-^
                          >
                          >Haruka-chan's happy level go high, high, HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGH!!! ~-~
                          >
                          >Saan ang Marikina River Bank Mall? Ang layo kasi noon sa amin eh... ^_^;;; At saka what do they have (besides shoes) na pwedeng gamiting for cosplay? Thanks talaga!!!
                          >

                          >() ()
                          >(^:^)
                          >~Haruka~
                          >Foxy Phantom Thief Sailor Uranus ^.~
                          >

                          >Rei Ayanami wrote:
                          >
                          >> Yea! Korek k dyan! Sa Divisoria....and sa Marikina....puwede kang magpa-design ng sarili mong shoes! Punta k sa Marikna River Bank Mall....

                          __________________________________
                          www.edsamail.com
                        • aerith_26
                          Message 12 of 15 , Apr 1, 2002
                            Anou... what do you mean by memebers? Can you please explain???

                            Kurapika-sama
                            wrote:
                            > Thanks dear!!! ^.~
                            >
                            > BTW from what I heard there MIGHT be a FEATA cosplay con this
                            month ... but from what I know it just might be limited to members.
                            ^_^;;;

                            > Sa mga hindi pa members, sali na kayo!!! XD
                            >
                            > () ()
                            > (^:^)
                            > ~Haruka~
                            > Foxy Phantom Thief Sailor Uranus ^.~
                            >

                            > pinoy_cosplay@y... wrote:
                            >

                            > >well, it's obviously in marikina city. If u know where Sta. Lucia
                            East Grand Mall and Robinsons East are... then...malapit na iyon!
                            Malapit din siya sa Cubao....Pwede k kaseng magpa-design ng sarili
                            mong shoes. Actually, they have this program in computer that designs
                            shoes....and u can only find it in mkna... well that's accdg to "feel
                            @ home". Aside from shoes....don't have any idea....i hope natulungan
                            kta! <--^--^-->

                            > > Jocelyn C Bordador <harukachan@b...> wrote:
                            Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!! People are FINALLY delurking!!! ^-^

                            > >Haruka-chan's happy level go high, high, HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGH!!! ~-~
                            > >
                            > >Saan ang Marikina River Bank Mall? Ang layo kasi noon sa amin
                            eh... ^_^;;; At saka what do they have (besides shoes) na pwedeng
                            gamiting for cosplay? Thanks talaga!!!

                            > >() ()
                            > >(^:^)
                            > >~Haruka~
                            > >Foxy Phantom Thief Sailor Uranus ^.~
                            > >

                            > >Rei Ayanami wrote:
                            > >
                            > >> Yea! Korek k dyan! Sa Divisoria....and sa Marikina....puwede
                            kang magpa-design ng sarili mong shoes! Punta k sa Marikna River Bank
                            Mall....

                            > www.edsamail.com
                          • Phoenix
                            Message 13 of 15 , Apr 2, 2002
                              ~* Q, paaano?

                              Phoenix

                              Message 14 of 15 , Apr 2, 2002
                                saan ba yung Feata? hahaha ^^'
                                di ko talaga alam.. makati yun ryt?
                                ung friend ko dun ata bumibili ng Manga.. ewan... ^^'