Re: [pinoy_cosplay] AQ2001 replies

  • Richie Ramos; Crouching Tiger, Hidden Gu
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 5, 2001
      > i don't where you got that idea, but have you stopped
      > to calculate the costs of the whole event? I'll have
      > you know that most of the "sponsors" like daewoo were
      > actually X-deals, meaning that they get a booth for
      > free in return for borrowing their equipment. in short
      > - WALANG PERA! rental for megatrade alone is half a
      > mil PER DAY. wala pa tech equipment, overtime pay,
      > etc. so i don't know how you can say they have a lot
      > of money when the costs are so high.
      > please think your rants through before you post them.

      I dunno, but a particular group whom they approached for the supposed toys
      and kits exhibit was kinda weirded out at the way they were handled by the
      group, so am not surprised about how it turned out, and about all the
      misgivings.

      No matter which way you cut it...a lot of the people who are active in the
      anime community felt a little off about it. and they shoulda taken care of
      that.

      as for the prizes....pfffft.
    • Shun Ukiya
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 9, 2001
        about AQ...
        i think that the reason for the lack of spectacular
        (really expensive) sights, sounds, prizes, and all in between was due to the lack of initial funding...
        the capital, as they call it..
        i dunno, im not from questor or telesuccess, but looking at our economy today, i do not think it it easy to pull off a convention with their capitals..(think only ..)

        they got the money after people started getting in...
        probably, no time to use the money they got from the
        first few days. anyway...

        www.edsamail.com