Fw: [cosp] Breast tape

  • Noelle De Guzman
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 27 4:57 PM
      Side note: This is for when a girl wants to cosplay a male character,
      and the girl doesn't want her breasts to be too obvious.

      The term for this type of cosplaying is "crossplay", when girls
      cosplay male characters, and guys cosplay female characters.

      Noelle

      note: forwarded msg attached
      ============================
      Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 08:39:53 -0600
      To : cosp@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Breast Tape

      >You should not, I repeat, NOT use duct tape, ever. Because if you use
      >an ace bandage, you can adjust it. It is not so with duct tape. Also,
      >an Ace Bandage is incredibly easy to unwind, and duct tape must be
      >/cut/ off of you. If you pass out, this matters /a lot/, because not
      >everybody has a good pair of scissors lying around for crossplayers
      >who use duct tape. Please keep this in mind, and go out and get
      >yourself an ace bandage or two. The $4 spent will give you peace of
      >mind, and you can re-use ace bandages over and over.

      I would also NOT recommend athletic tape. I've done that with Cutey
      Honey and found that the price was rash and ripped skin. I too, busty
      woman that I am, are happy this conversation is occurring, because I'd
      like a good alternative to this problem.

      There are stick on bras, but they are no good if you have no back, sides, or middle to an outfit, ie Cutey Honey.

      Ace Bandage? But they don't stick, right?

      Another problem with duct tape and its ilk are that some people are
      allergic to the adhesive on the tape, and if you happen to be one of
      them (which you probably wouldn't know until you taped yourself) you
      could end up with a nasty rash.

      Ahem; here we go!! Believe it or not, enough plastic wrap will work
      wonders!! It doesn't hurt so bad either if you've got it wrapped so the
      pressure is evenly distributed. Fabric strips are pretty decent if you
      can get them to keep together without tying a huge knot; sewn in hooks
      are good for that. And if you're desparate: Belts can work well if
      they are wide enough, but I'd suggest the fabric.

      __________________________________
      www.edsamail.com
    • Richie Ramos
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 27 7:54 PM
        Uhm....Noelle, not to be disgusting or what not, but how about also
        including tips on how to hide, ahem, male anatomy? I'm sure crossplaying
        might require that of some guy....

        Not me though. I'd look like Mrs. Doubtfire.

        > Side note: This is for when a girl wants to cosplay a male character,
        > and the girl doesn't want her breasts to be too obvious.
        >
        > The term for this type of cosplaying is "crossplay", when girls
        > cosplay male characters, and guys cosplay female characters.
        >
        > Noelle
        >
        > note: forwarded msg attached
        > ============================
        > Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 08:39:53 -0600
        > To : cosp@yahoogroups.com
        > Subject: Breast Tape
        >
        > >You should not, I repeat, NOT use duct tape, ever. Because if you use
        > >an ace bandage, you can adjust it. It is not so with duct tape. Also,
        > >an Ace Bandage is incredibly easy to unwind, and duct tape must be
        > >/cut/ off of you. If you pass out, this matters /a lot/, because not
        > >everybody has a good pair of scissors lying around for crossplayers
        > >who use duct tape. Please keep this in mind, and go out and get
        > >yourself an ace bandage or two. The $4 spent will give you peace of
        > >mind, and you can re-use ace bandages over and over.
        >
        > I would also NOT recommend athletic tape. I've done that with Cutey
        > Honey and found that the price was rash and ripped skin. I too, busty
        > woman that I am, are happy this conversation is occurring, because I'd
        > like a good alternative to this problem.
        >
        > There are stick on bras, but they are no good if you have no back, sides,
        or middle to an outfit, ie Cutey Honey.

        > Ace Bandage? But they don't stick, right?
        >
        > Another problem with duct tape and its ilk are that some people are
        > allergic to the adhesive on the tape, and if you happen to be one of
        > them (which you probably wouldn't know until you taped yourself) you
        > could end up with a nasty rash.
        >
        > Ahem; here we go!! Believe it or not, enough plastic wrap will work
        > wonders!! It doesn't hurt so bad either if you've got it wrapped so the
        > pressure is evenly distributed. Fabric strips are pretty decent if you
        > can get them to keep together without tying a huge knot; sewn in hooks
        > are good for that. And if you're desparate: Belts can work well if
        > they are wide enough, but I'd suggest the fabric.

      • Doctolero Arthur
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 28 7:27 AM
          Noelle, Richie, the rest of the cosplayers,

          Speaking of duct tapes, it can be only used for hands and feet to protect sprain during industrial and athletic activities. Not for breasts/chests. It'll definitely choke you down!

          For the lady crossplayers: please use athletic lingeries such as support bra and tight-fitting tank tops (preferably Adidas or Nike). Bandages might be a good alternative but, don't use Muellers please, specially if you want to do a Shishiou thing! Make sure that it is made by spandex or lycra. Honestly, it won't work on gals who have size C or above (I'm so sorry!). Making a pollitically correct bukol on your crotch is very simple, just put anything on it.

          For the guys who wannabe pretty: make sure that you select the right underwear to conceal your precious crown jewels. Wear a pair of padded or wonderbras if you want to have the best results in having those beautiful courtesy breasts. Guys who have a good quality of pectorals (chest muscles) are the best candidates. Plastic Little/Akira-chan and Zaki-chan (Proj. Justice) crossplayers are exempted.

          "The Thong Song" I noticed that some of will wear skimpy or tight-fitting outfits. This one is PRETTY SERIOUS. Before you wear tights, you must wear thongs (for ladies) and tanga brief (for men) to prevent prominent underwear markings (para hindi masagwa!), while the Sailormoonies must wear boxer breifs. Bench, Jockey, and Marks & Spencer are three of the best brands I highly recommend.

          Any comments or suggestions? Please reply to this e-mail.

          Nurikane

        • Noelle De Guzman
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 1, 2001
            Hmm... how many times do I have to say I don't write the forwarded
            messages from cosp@egroups.com?

            >Speaking of duct tapes, it can be only used for hands and feet to
            >protect sprain during industrial and athletic activities.

            Ows? Duct tape... isipin ninyo yung medyo metallic na tape. YUN ANG
            DUCT TAPE! It's definitely not used for athletic stuff. You're
            probably talking about athletic or medical tape. Duct tape is very
            stiff and is likely to hamper movement. Also, the forwarded message
            warned against duct tape and suggested some alternatives. Someone
            kasi asked if they could use duct tape... Nabanggit nga na it could
            prove to be wound too tightly and could cause fainting. Then you'd
            have to CUT the tape off. If it were bandages, you could just unwind
            and rewind them for a more comfortable fit.

            >For the lady crossplayers: please use athletic lingeries such as
            >support bra and tight-fitting tank tops (preferably Adidas or Nike).
            >Bandages might be a good alternative but, don't use Muellers please,
            >specially if you want to do a Shishiou thing!

            Actually, support bras and tight-fitting tops just don't cut it if you
            want to remove any sight of the mountain tops, unless you have very
            small (think Size A) breasts. You could try to even out the curves
            by using bandages that extend from the chest all the way to the waist,
            then use some padding between the waist and the bandage to make it
            appear that you're straight as a pole. NOT GOOD FOR THOSE WITH LARGE
            BREASTS, because you'll look like you have a barrel chest or a beer
            belly.

            >Honestly, it won't work on gals who have size C or above

            A good idea for girls when crossplaying is to wear a costume that is
            a little more loose-fitting, to hide the curves. That's what I did
            when I wore the Tomo costume (kasi ang laking tao pala ni Battlechaser),
            and I didn't have to bind my size B breasts. It just looked like Tomo'd
            sprouted some muscles on his chest and was walking a little funny. ^_^

            >(I'm so sorry!). Making a politically correct bukol on your crotch
            >is very simple, just put anything on it.

            IN it. A wadded pair of socks are good because they don't feel strange
            (ahem, ahem) should you bump into someone. @o@ And for a costume
            that doesn't fit tightly around the crotch or doesn't show the crotch
            area, you don't even need to make a bulge. ^_^

            >For the guys who wannabe pretty: make sure that you select the right
            >underwear to conceal your precious crown jewels.

            This probably means walking around in tighter underwear than you're
            used to. If you really want, you can also use bandages on your crotch
            area to make it look as flat as possible.

            Syempre, baog ka ng ilang araw pagkatapos...

            >Wear a pair of padded or wonderbras if you want to have the best
            >results in having those beautiful courtesy breasts.

            Nurikane, you sound like you have a lot of experience... Yes, padded
            bras are the way to go, and then you can just stuff the bra with any
            SOFT MATERIAL. No fruits or balls, okay? Water balloons are dangerous
            coz they could pop and leave you with a sort of "lactating wet spot".

            Noelle

            www.edsamail.com