[Slightly OT] I went on a wild goose chase...

  • Mumsy Minami
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1, 2001
      .. yesterday looking for Culture Crash. ^-^

      Do you know that there aren't any copies in BOTH National Bookstores in Rob Place AND SM City?! And Comic Quest didn't have copies of it yet either. --' I scoured EVERY bookstore and magazine store in Rob and SM and I couldn't find it! ('Yung nabili ko Questor... comments later.) Just when I thought it was getting hopeless, I tried Comic Alley in SM City as a last resort. THANK GOD... just as I was about to ask the girl behind the counter if they have Culture Crash, I saw it on a shelf with the mangas!!! ^o^ Yey!

      Moral of the story: Never lose hope, especially if you're part-goddess, hehehehe... >�

      Anyway, they DID downgrade the paper quite a bit, but it hasn't affected much of the quality of the art so it's okay. ^^ And the comments on the cosplay article were pretty cool. (Actually, even their small 'hirits' for the fanarts weren't offensive.)

      Question: What's with the honorable mention? Di naman ako kasali sa mga AXN winners, a. *blink blink*

      Now, my comments on Questor: I forgot who said this before, I think it was Noelle, but girl, they must have heard your comment on posters! ^.^ They now have "detached" full-length posters, 2 in fact: one of MKR and another of the seven Suzaku seishii. (CUTE!)

      Also, there was a two-page feature-interview with.... TADADAAAN! The Animeseamstress! ^-^ Sugoi! *bows to Lea*
      --------------
      Who was asking about the two kenshins at the anicon? Well, it just so happens that I know both of them! ^0^ Hehehehe... actually, some of the guys in the ml know the male kenshin; as for the female Kenshin, maybe Charles-dearest can help you in that respect? ^.^
      --------------
      >-sake bottle (no particular anime, but this would make an excellent
      >add on to some costumes)

      My friend gave me one for Christmas. ^^ They got it somewhat cheap, I think, somewhere in Cartimar. (Sabi nila they saw the same thing in Makati, but it was priced higher. 0_0)

      Sake bottles usually go best with characters like Sano and Hiko. ^0^

      Sano: Hey!!!!!! I resent that! *pouts*
      Minami: -Biiiiiiiiiiii!- >�

      >I saw a Sailormoon wand-thingy in Robinsons Galleria Department Store.

      There used to be a lot of Sailormoon stuff in Toy Kingdom, but now the whole department is GONE. (WAH.) They had the Chibimoon brooch, the Sailormoon brooches for both R and S series, the cutie moon rod (SMoon R), Sailormoon's other rod from S series, the Moonstick, Chibimoon's heart-shaped rod thingie... ^^;;;;;; Gah, it was so complete! I think they even lit up and everything.

      I saw this one item before that looked like a music box with plastic/crystal Sailor senshi on top. It was pretty! I don't think they have it now though. Sayang.

      Hmm........ back to studying!

      ja!
      minami
      "Fall is the operative term.
      Not walk, leap, or glide, but fall.
      It implicates plummeting from a height,
      incurring welts and bruises.
      That's why it's called falling in love,
      You either wind up maimed, or dead."
      ~Jessica Zafra
    • GeM iLy
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 4, 2001
        --- Mumsy Minami <bishmiko@...> wrote:
        > .. yesterday looking for Culture Crash. ^-^
        >
        > Do you know that there aren't any copies in BOTH
        > National Bookstores in Rob Place AND SM City?! And
        > Comic Quest didn't have copies of it yet either. --'

        hay naku... ive checked out those places din in Rob
        place! Reader's corner has questor but no CC4. (good
        thing my bro. bought already bought one..) COmic
        odyssey has neither Questor nor CC4 (the horror~) so i
        ended up buying my first Blade of the Immortal manga
        ^^;) comic alley in SM Manila probably has it.. yun
        nga lang its a ride away pa (compared to ROb)..

        > I scoured EVERY bookstore and magazine store in Rob
        > and SM and I couldn't find it! ('Yung nabili ko
        > Questor... comments later.) Just when I thought it
        > was getting hopeless, I tried Comic Alley in SM City
        > as a last resort. THANK GOD... just as I was about
        > to ask the girl behind the counter if they have
        > Culture Crash, I saw it on a shelf with the
        > mangas!!! ^o^ Yey!

        Congrats Minami-chan!~ hehe

        > Moral of the story: Never lose hope, especially if
        > you're part-goddess, hehehehe... >�

        ^_^

        > Anyway, they DID downgrade the paper quite a bit,
        > but it hasn't affected much of the quality of the
        > art so it's okay. ^^ And the comments on the cosplay
        > article were pretty cool. (Actually, even their
        > small 'hirits' for the fanarts weren't offensive.)

        well, the downgrading of the paper was hardly
        noticeable, as long as the content is great,
        anything's fine ^_^ CC4's da bomb! my bro's wishing
        that he'd get to work for them or in that field ^^;

        > Question: What's with the honorable mention? Di
        > naman ako kasali sa mga AXN winners, a. *blink
        > blink*

        coz u were so kawaii! ^_^

        > Also, there was a two-page feature-interview
        > with.... TADADAAAN! The Animeseamstress! ^-^ Sugoi!
        > *bows to Lea*

        *bows din*

        > >-sake bottle (no particular anime, but this would
        > make an excellent
        > >add on to some costumes)
        >
        > My friend gave me one for Christmas. ^^ They got it
        > somewhat cheap, I think, somewhere in Cartimar.
        > (Sabi nila they saw the same thing in Makati, but it
        > was priced higher. 0_0)

        Sake's really expensive here ne? we were supposed to
        order one when we went out for dinner but the cost of
        one small bottle of sake turned out to be as expensive
        as the cost of our whole dinner bill.. -_-;

        > Sake bottles usually go best with characters like
        > Sano and Hiko. ^0^

        hehehe hai haI! i was supposed to say that it would
        also go well with Misato-san but i remembered that she
        drank beer and not sake ^^;

        > There used to be a lot of Sailormoon stuff in Toy
        > Kingdom, but now the whole department is GONE.

        i noticed that too. and theyre trying to get rid of
        their old stock. the small chibi figures of the
        Sailormoon characters are being sold at P54+ when
        their price used to be 174+

        > "Fall is the operative term.
        > Not walk, leap, or glide, but fall.
        > It implicates plummeting from a height,