Calendar of moslem atrocities

  • Romeo Macapobre
    Message 1 of 14 , Oct 29, 2008
      bonjour à tous,

      i found this link which seemed to talk about what is reality about
      islam and moslems.

      http://www.hvk.org/letters/let2.html

      Norway .. (SNIP) They are a constant source of crime ranging from
      robbery, assault, raping and killing non-muslims, as well as forcibly
      marrying, circumcising and killing for "honor" their own women.

      i am not patronizing you but what do you think of 9-11 mai?

      --
      apprenons francais [rmacapobre-french.blogspot.com].
      apprenons max [rmacapobre.blogspot.com].
      Message 2 of 14 , Oct 29, 2008
        Do you really believe the 9/11 was a Muslim attack ??!!

        Haven't u watch the movie made by a famous American director "Michael Moore" called
        9/11 Fahrenheit ...

        even Americans don't buy it ...

        And what makes you believe that whatever is on this link is true ...
        If it was true, I believe CNN, actually USA itself wouldn't let such a thing go without telling the whole world on all possible channels about it ... right??

        To show the whole world how barbaric Muslims are,
        and how they were justified to take over their land, food and oil .... etc.,

        If this is true you would find it on several websites, not just one ...

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 14 , Oct 29, 2008
          Have you seen American History X ?
          Also, the term "Islamophobia" comes to mind.

          --- In pinoy_atheists@yahoogroups.com, "Romeo Macapobre"
          <romeo.macapobre@...> wrote:

          > bonjour à tous,
          >
          > i found this link which seemed to talk about what is reality about
          > islam and moslems.
          >
          > http://www.hvk.org/letters/let2.html
          >
          > Norway .. (SNIP) They are a constant source of crime ranging from
          > robbery, assault, raping and killing non-muslims, as well as forcibly
          > marrying, circumcising and killing for "honor" their own women.
          >
          > i am not patronizing you but what do you think of 9-11 mai?
          >
          > --
          > apprenons francais [rmacapobre-french.blogspot.com].
          > apprenons max [rmacapobre.blogspot.com].

        • John
          Message 4 of 14 , Oct 29, 2008
            Islamophobia is a dead word. You know why? A "phobia" is a fear without any reason.

            Nowadays, fearing Islam isn't exactly unreasonable. Does that mean I think all Muslims should be killed? Of course not. But I do think that Islam shouldn't be given any special treatment (do you hear me Europe?).

            ________________________________

            Message 5 of 14 , Oct 29, 2008
              Are you saying that 9/11 was an attack on Americans by Americans? I despise Bush as much as the next guy, but I don't think he has the intellectual capacity or the support to pull this off.

              Sure a lot of Americans think that 9/11 was a government conspiracy, but a lot of them also think that the moon landing was a hoax, that an alien spaceship really crashed in Roswell, that free energy is being suppressed by Big Oil, and that Elvis is still alive.

              9/11 wasn't perpetrated by "Muslims in general". It was perpetrated by a small group of Muslims. But again, what was the general reaction of moderate Muslims? A significant portion of your fellows actually celebrated it! Where were the street protests? Where were the vehement condemnations? Where is the fatwa on Bin Laden? The fact that moderate Muslims did NOTHING is a silent support of that vicious attack.

              ________________________________

              ____________ _________ _________ __

              Message 6 of 14 , Oct 30, 2008
                --- In pinoy_atheists@yahoogroups.com, John <harmless168@...> wrote:

                > Islamophobia is a dead word. You know why? A "phobia" is a fear
                without any reason.

                > Nowadays, fearing Islam isn't exactly unreasonable. Does that mean I
                think all Muslims should be killed? Of course not. But I do think that
                Islam shouldn't be given any special treatment (do you hear me Europe?).

                It is very much alive and Europe has it. It's not respect they are
                giving to Islam. It's fear they have.

              • John
                Message 7 of 14 , Oct 30, 2008
                  I think you misunderstood me. When I said "dead word" I meant it had no meaning anymore, because like I said, a phobia is an unreasonable fear. Fearing Islam is not unreasonable.

                  ________________________________
                  > Islamophobia is a dead word. You know why? A "phobia" is a fear
                  without any reason.

                  > Nowadays, fearing Islam isn't exactly unreasonable. Does that mean I
                  think all Muslims should be killed? Of course not. But I do think that
                  Islam shouldn't be given any special treatment (do you hear me Europe?).

                  It is very much alive and Europe has it. It's not respect they are
                  giving to Islam. It's fear they have.

                • Benj Espina
                  Message 8 of 14 , Oct 30, 2008
                    I totally agree John.
                    As cold as this sounds, the "prejudice" against muslims in airports (and
                    other public places) was not borne out of baseless hatred or bigotry.

                    Co-author and Co-owner, Visit Sagada - http://visitsagada.com
                    Press Secretary, Filipino Voices - http://filipinovoices.com
                    Author and Owner, Atheista.net - http://atheista.net
                    UP College of Medicine Class of 2010

                  • tony
                    Message 9 of 14 , Oct 30, 2008
                      Oh no, I understood you perfectly. There are 1.3 billion Muslims in
                      the world. Not all of them are violent. If you fear Islam, it's a fear
                      of the unknown because only a small portion of them have a tendency to
                      be violent. It is coined precisely because there is no word that can
                      describe the aversion to Muslims by the West. For example, up to now
                      secularist Turkey cannot be admitted to the EU. it is Islamophobia
                      that is the main reason. Also, have you seen the chain letter about
                      Barack being a Muslim as if that is something that is bad in itself.

                      Message 10 of 14 , Oct 30, 2008
                        Exactly. You have to really feel bad for ordinary Muslims in airports, or even those who are not actually Muslims, but just look like Middle Easterners.

                        ________________________________
                        Message 11 of 14 , Oct 30, 2008
                          So why would you feel bad for ordinary Muslims and even Muslim-looking
                          people (whatever that means) in the first place? Isn't that being
                          unreasonable?

                          1 out of 20 Pinoys call themselves Muslim. They are marginalized and
                          discriminated against by their own majority Christian "kababayan". It
                          is the buzzword today. Dismissing it by offering your own definition
                          doesn't cut it.

                          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-Muslim

                          Actually prejudice against ordinary Muslims is baseless and simple
                          bigotry.

                          Message 12 of 14 , Oct 30, 2008
                            I feel bad because they get negatively profiled because of what their radical fellows do. Is that unreasonable?

                            I cannot justify the prejudice, but I also cannot say it is "baseless and simple bigotry". Certainly, there are those who are anti-Muslim simply because they hate Muslims. But you cannot deny the things that people are currently doing in the name of Islam. Of course, other religion have their bad apples too, but darn it, what other religion has suicide bombers blow themselves up everyday and twice on sundays???

                            ________________________________

                            Message 13 of 14 , Oct 30, 2008
                              Pardon me for my silly questions .. but is there a state (where islam
                              is a state religion) which outlaws eating of pig?

                              Message 14 of 14 , Oct 31, 2008
                                Yes, in Saudi Arabia.

                                Pigs, pork and pork products including pictures are prohibited to be consumed.

                                Pork is available in neighbor country like Bahrain, Qatar, UAE, Yemen and Egypt. Sometimes pork meat trickle inside KSA, but that is illegal - meaning not allowed by the government.

                                In the old days, when OFW, coming from vacation bring in meat, the authorities confiscate it on suspicion of being pork. Nowaday, they mellow a lot providing such is within the personal consumption limit.

                                Smuggled pok cost around 60 Sr while legal beef is 20 Sr (12php = 1 Sr to give you an idea), if pork is available.

                                I am not sure with other Islam country but within the Gulf States (except KSA), pork is available only in hotels but not in supermarkets (not available to the general public)

                                http://mideastfood.about.com/od/middleeasternfoodfaqs/f/porkmiddleeast.htm