Re: [pinoy_atheists] Muslims gloating over the financial crisis

    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 13, 2008
      if money is aplenty - its God's grace
      If economy collapse, its God's curse

      God save our God!

      Romeo Macapobre <romeo.macapobre@...> wrote:
      http://www.badthinking.com/index.php/2008/10/11/muslims-gloating-over-the-financial-cris

      All over the Middle East. Here are two examples:

      High level Iranian cleric, Ayatollah Ahmad Jannati, was more blunt
      addressing worshippers on Oct. 3 -- "We are happy that the U.S.
      economy is in anarchy and the anarchy is reaching Europe," Jannati
      said. "They are seeing the result of their own ugly doings and God is
      punishing them."

      One hardline Sunni cleric in U.S.-allied Lebanon saw the financial
      collapse as God's answer to Muslim prayers -- "God has responded
      to the supplications of the oppressed people," Mufti of Mount Lebanon
      Sheik Mohammed Ali al-Jouzo told the state-run news agency Thursday.
      "It is the curse that hits every arrogant power."

      --
      apprenons francais [rmacapobre-french.blogspot.com].
      apprenons max [rmacapobre.blogspot.com].

    • Mike Lopez
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 13, 2008
        Muslims say, "God is cursing America."
        Americans say, "God is testing us."

        And to think they both claim that they worship the God of Abraham!

        On Mon, Oct 13, 2008 at 6:50 PM, jose mario sison <joma_sison@...>wrote:

        > if money is aplenty - its God's grace
        > If economy collapse, its God's curse
        >
        > God save our God!
        >

        > Romeo Macapobre <romeo.macapobre@... <romeo.macapobre%40gmail.com>>
        > wrote:
        >
        > http://www.badthinking.com/index.php/2008/10/11/muslims-gloating-over-the-financial-cris
        >
        > All over the Middle East. Here are two examples:
        >
        > High level Iranian cleric, Ayatollah Ahmad Jannati, was more blunt
        > addressing worshippers on Oct. 3 -- "We are happy that the U.S.
        > economy is in anarchy and the anarchy is reaching Europe," Jannati
        > said. "They are seeing the result of their own ugly doings and God is
        > punishing them."

        > One hardline Sunni cleric in U.S.-allied Lebanon saw the financial
        > collapse as God's answer to Muslim prayers -- "God has responded
        > to the supplications of the oppressed people," Mufti of Mount Lebanon
        > Sheik Mohammed Ali al-Jouzo told the state-run news agency Thursday.
        > "It is the curse that hits every arrogant power."
        >
        > --
        > apprenons francais [rmacapobre-french.blogspot.com].
        > apprenons max [rmacapobre.blogspot.com].

        Mike Lopez
        http://mikelopez.info/

      • John
        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 13, 2008
          I suppose they should be looking at their own economies, which never even reached the level of Europe and the US and has nowhere to go but up. I guess God is punishing them even more...

          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 13, 2008
            Hi John,

            No, God was just "testing them" LOL.

            Mike

            Message 5 of 10 , Oct 13, 2008
              C.mon guys!

              You think the muslim leaders give a fuck about their economy?

              Its all about the afterlife to them, right?

              Message 6 of 10 , Oct 13, 2008
                Touche..... :)

                Message 7 of 10 , Oct 14, 2008
                  Hey, if they don't worry about their economy then I think they should give
                  all the oil for free. :)

                  Mike Lopez
                  http://mikelopez.info/

                  Message 8 of 10 , Oct 14, 2008
                    Good point. But Islamic states like Iran, they don't discuss the state of their economy too much. I guess not all Islamic states are what i figure them out to be. Anyway Qatar and UAE are medyo benign and progress driven.

                    On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 12:24 PM, John <harmless168@ yahoo.com> wrote:

                    > Touche..... :)

                    Mike Lopez
                    http://mikelopez. info/

                  • Romeo Macapobre
                    Message 9 of 10 , Oct 14, 2008
                      speaking of oil .. i just read the newspaper .. finally we have found oil in
                      the philippines!! this is great news isn;t it? i hope the government and
                      filipinoes will benefit solely from this ..