Re: da vinci code

  • tony
    Message 1 of 21 , Oct 1, 2008
      You need to become a freemason yourself. Then you can write about
      their secrets here using a pseudonym. cheers! :)

      --- In pinoy_atheists@yahoogroups.com, "b_ronta" <b_ronta@...> wrote:

      > I read the book two years ago I think and watched the movie too and
      > like you I got interested with the non-fiction parts. I'm a history
      > junkie and did research on roman, jewish, christian history during
      > the first century of the common era. Im into coptic history right
      > now. What interested me too is the history of the Knights Templars
      > from whom the FreeMasons are deeply associated. I have an uncle who
      > is a freemason and ranks among the highest degrees. I do nag him all
      > the time about their secrets but he wouldn't say a word except he
      > grins whenever I mention the Vatican and the papacy.
      >
      > By the way, there are documentaries about the daVinci code in the
      > Nat Geo and Discovery channels. I've watched them all.
      >
      > --- In pinoy_atheists@yahoogroups.com, "Romeo Macapobre"
      > <romeo.macapobre@> wrote:
      > >
      > > bonjour my friends,
      > >
      > > i have read the book when it was released and i have finally seen
      > the
      > > movie just this weekend. i must say that the movie enhances the
      > book.
      > >
      > > it is not uncommon for books turned to movies to translate well
      > and it
      > > often disappoints book readers. not this one for me. i loved it!
      > i am
      > > perhaps biased because it is set in france and it has the most
      > > charming actrice on it - audrey tautou but i got excited about
      > none
      > > fiction parts of it. for example the election to make jesus divine
      > at
      > > the council of nicea and how things work with the opus dei. tithing
      > > and self abuse ..
      > >
      > > i do not know if you guys have seen it or read the book? what do
      > you
      > > of it? dont you think it has been effective in putting the question
      > (s)
      > > out in the open ..
      > >
      > > --
      > > apprenons francais [rmacapobre-french.blogspot.com].
      > > apprenons max [rmacapobre.blogspot.com].

    • b_ronta
      Message 2 of 21 , Oct 4, 2008
        Hi Tony!

        Sorry for the late reply. I haven't been online for days. Thanks for
        the suggestion but I think they don't accept disabled applicants. My
        uncle told me. Sayang, ganun nga sana ang plano ko :) Cheers!

        Ian

        Message 3 of 21 , Oct 4, 2008
          Their initiation rites are physically rigorous for a disabled person
          to pass.

        • Hans
          Message 4 of 21 , Oct 4, 2008
            They don't accept disabled persons in their group? what are they, Essenes.
          • b_ronta
            Message 5 of 21 , Oct 5, 2008
              Maybe only those on wheelchairs... even God doesn't favor disabled
              people - Leviticus 21:17-23

              Message 6 of 21 , Oct 6, 2008
                even God doesn't favor disabled
                people - Leviticus 21:17-23

                --- and so goes the infamous lines "for god so love the world he gave us his only son". It
                sounds great with "God is love". Yeah right.
              • Mike Lopez
                Message 7 of 21 , Oct 6, 2008
                  Hi Hans,

                  If I were a Christians, I would reply like this:

                  "The Old Testament is a shadow of the New Testament and the defects
                  mentioned in these verses merely represent the sins of man. It should
                  therefore be interpreted as 'no sinner should come to the presence of god.'"

                  Watcha think?

                  Mike

                  On Mon, Oct 6, 2008 at 4:29 PM, Hans <manredfc@...> wrote:

                  > even God doesn't favor disabled
                  > people - Leviticus 21:17-23
                  >
                  > --- and so goes the infamous lines "for god so love the world he gave us
                  > his only son". It
                  > sounds great with "God is love". Yeah right.

                  --
                  Mike Lopez
                  http://mikelopez.info/

                • Renz
                  Message 8 of 21 , Oct 6, 2008
                    Defects? It then contradicts that their God does not change and the
                    same forever and ever, amen.

                    It is, after all, their "God" that "told" or "inspired" men to do
                    these things...

                    On Mon, Oct 6, 2008 at 4:56 PM, Mike Lopez <mjglopez@...> wrote:
                    > Hi Hans,
                    >
                    > If I were a Christians, I would reply like this:
                    >
                    > "The Old Testament is a shadow of the New Testament and the defects
                    > mentioned in these verses merely represent the sins of man. It should
                    > therefore be interpreted as 'no sinner should come to the presence of god.'"
                    >
                    > Watcha think?
                    >
                    > Mike
                    >
                    > On Mon, Oct 6, 2008 at 4:29 PM, Hans <manredfc@...> wrote:
                    >
                    >> even God doesn't favor disabled
                    >> people - Leviticus 21:17-23
                    >>
                    >> --- and so goes the infamous lines "for god so love the world he gave us
                    >> his only son". It
                    >> sounds great with "God is love". Yeah right.
                    >>

                    > --
                    > Mike Lopez
                    > http://mikelopez.info/

                    "Winners of Cosmic Lottery" - Steven Wienberg

                    Renz
                  • andy rotairo huerto
                    Message 9 of 21 , Oct 14, 2008
                      Let me break the topic...
                      Meron bang EB (eye ball or get together sa Pilipinas between Dec. 28,
                      2008 to January 10, 2009).
                      Please let me know.
                      Thanks,
                      Andy

                      Message 10 of 21 , Oct 14, 2008
                        John organize ulit tayo ng EB. Ewan ko kung andito si Hector ulit ng ganun time pero kung tayo tayo lang at kung sino pa pwede lets go

                        Message 11 of 21 , Oct 14, 2008
                          Im interested

                          Message 12 of 21 , Oct 15, 2008
                            Good to know John..... just let me know...kung meron....thanks...andy
                            --- In pinoy_atheists@yahoogroups.com, jose mario sison
                            <joma_sison@...> wrote:

                            > Im interested
                            >
                            > andy rotairo huerto <andyhuerto@...> wrote: Let me break
                            the topic...
                            > Meron bang EB (eye ball or get together sa Pilipinas between Dec.
                            28,
                            > 2008 to January 10, 2009).
                            > Please let me know.
                            > Thanks,
                            > Andy
                            > --- In pinoy_atheists@yahoogroups.com, "Hans" <manredfc@> wrote:
                            > >
                            > > They don't accept disabled persons in their group? what are they,
                            > Essenes.

                          • Igmidio Galingan
                            Message 13 of 21 , Oct 15, 2008
                              Count me in.... :)

                              --- In pinoy_atheists@yahoogroups.com, "andy rotairo huerto"
                              <andyhuerto@...> wrote:

                              > Good to know John..... just let me know...kung meron....thanks...andy
                              > --- In pinoy_atheists@yahoogroups.com, jose mario sison
                              > <joma_sison@> wrote:
                              > >
                              > > Im interested
                              > >
                              > > andy rotairo huerto <andyhuerto@> wrote: Let me break
                              > the topic...
                              > > Meron bang EB (eye ball or get together sa Pilipinas between Dec.
                              > 28,
                              > > 2008 to January 10, 2009).
                              > > Please let me know.
                              > > Thanks,
                              > > Andy
                              > > --- In pinoy_atheists@yahoogroups.com, "Hans" <manredfc@> wrote:
                              > > >
                              > > > They don't accept disabled persons in their group? what are they,
                              > > Essenes.

                            • Benj Espina
                              Message 14 of 21 , Oct 16, 2008
                                sali din ako dyan kung meron. :)

                                --
                                Benjamin A. Espina III
                                Author and Founder, Phil Debate - http://phildebate.com

                              • Mitochondria
                                Message 15 of 21 , Oct 16, 2008
                                  Who else are going to Cafe Scientifique this October 25th?
                                  Maybe we can have beers after the event?

                                  Cheers,

                                  -g

                                  --- In pinoy_atheists@yahoogroups.com, "Benj Espina"

                                  Message 16 of 21 , Oct 16, 2008
                                    Hey Gewdlooking

                                    Andun ako. Sige, beer tayo. Si Margot sure ako punta din dun baka kasam si TJ Bautista at si Neda.

                                    Dodie

                                    Message 17 of 21 , Oct 16, 2008
                                      If Im not on duty, I'll definitely go.