Re: EB

  • Jeremy Santos
    Message 1 of 20 , Jan 1, 2006
      I really enjoyed the EB. It was really nice getting to know each and everyone who attended. We have differences, of course. But we have a lot of common sentinments. I hope we can build on that and move forward.

      Btw, I'll be posting some pics. Hindi pala pwede mag-attachment dito. So, I'll post them sa group home page.

      Jeremy

    • karl_popper05
      Message 2 of 20 , Jan 1, 2006
        You need to regulate yourself John. You are acting like an "atheist
        fundie". As long as such accusations exist, I can not help myself but
        to castigate your logic. I must react objectively againts such
        notions directed to some people even if you say I am not included in
        them.

        Regarding about the EB. I personally considered it as great. I will
        cherish it. It is reverberating those wonderful moments with you
        guys. I am not that too talkative in person. Longing for those
        moments when were together, at last, personally. However, in those
        moments, deep inside me, I love being with you guys. Such conscious
        people(including me) on fundamental meanings of/in life. I believe
        that we will be having again such get together in the futures to come
        but it does not help me that idea into feeling quite sad when we're
        parting ways. We may meet once, twice, thrice...but it gives me this
        human feeling of deep longing with those wonderful moments in the EB.
        Every moment is unique in itself. Every event. Every happening. It
        can never be repeated again. Such ideas should drive us into more
        passionate and profound consideration of things within our grasp for
        perhaps...perhaps...that moment..was just the moment that you have
        it..but ne'er..you cant get hold forever. Friendship looms. That is
        the better and clearer phenomenon then this bombastic creation of
        pseudo-nonsense equally quais religious movment or cause. We should
        not fall into same foolishness twice. once is enough to suffer in
        such case for thinkers like us. The movement should be friendship .
        No matter what is our philosophies in life.

        sinabi ni john, walang nangyayari sa group na ito. Puro lan daw
        salita. I think, that kind of reactionary is founded on some
        misunderstanding on the meaning of the philosophy of atheism and of
        this affinity among intellectual minded people that develops into
        friendships. For example, if a case I am gifted with great charisma
        to attact people and it happens that I am an atheist, It is not my
        vision into organizing such atheistic-group. This is a
        misunderstanding of philosophy of atheism, of friendships, and
        individual humans possessing such intellectual abilities. however, if
        john's ultimate purpose is to create such group( in the philippines),
        that is his personal mission and right. However, he's totally
        ignorant if he is accusing that this "pinoy atheists" group is
        talking blah blah nonsense. this group need not to organize atheism
        movement so limited its purpose into preaching the doctrines of
        atheism. This group is laid for intellectual people who loves sharing
        and/or discussing fundamental things in life. These things are not
        necessarily "sweet nothings". If john has his own brand of atheism, I
        must say, let it confine to his own categorical personal perspective
        about atheism. Example, john's understanding and life of an
        atheist/atheism is different to mine. However, in no way that his
        understanding or cause for atheism is superior to mine even if what I
        am just doing is observing this world as an atheist and putting them
        down into writings. the accusations of John become too bitter even if
        they were not directed to me, I have this personal task of exposing
        such fallacies into redeeming friends' position in the issue....

        -- In pinoy_atheists@yahoogroups.com, "pinoy_infidel"
        <kujira_n12@y...> wrote:

        > To others who are not members of that other list where it was
        posted, it was our dear
        > friend John who wrote that right before the EB(?), and after that
        he showed up in the EB
        > and even managed to shake the hands of the "pinoy atheists" that he
        was talking about
        > just a few hours ago. But of course, maybe you already know who is
        the usual suspect. As
        > of this moment, I am now in ignore-mode, he can say what he wanted
        to say in other
        > forums under his free speech rights but lying will not be one of
        those protected rights, so
        > it may still not be the end after all. Anyway, i will not counter
        him anymore. I know already
        > what species he is. Ho-hum.
        >
        > pinoy_infidel
        >

        > --- In piRomeo Macapobre <romeo.macapobre@g...> wrote:
        > >
        > > > most "pinoy atheists" are like dogs with their tail curl below
        their smelly ass.

        > > you go around smelling peoples asses?
        > >
        > > --
        > > apprenons francais [rmacapobre-french.blogspot.com].
        > > apprenons max [rmacapobre.blogspot.com].

      • zach
        Message 3 of 20 , Jan 1, 2006
          i have a suggestion next time we have an eb, not to post it sa group, send a personal invite na lang sa individual emails...makes it inaccessible for crashers...i am not taking sides here, or maybe my personal convictions do, but have just visited his blog and am shocked by his (john's) comment. what was his purpose in coming? i know its a open invitation for all, and we know him. pero as far back as i can remember the EB was just lunch, for people to get to know each other. to put a face behind the names we see on this group. guess other people thought otherwise.

          <kujira_n12@y...> wrote:

          > To others who are not members of that other list where it was
          posted, it was our dear
          > friend John who wrote that right before the EB(?), and after that
          he showed up in the EB
          > and even managed to shake the hands of the "pinoy atheists" that he
          was talking about
          > just a few hours ago. But of course, maybe you already know who is
          the usual suspect. As
          > of this moment, I am now in ignore-mode, he can say what he wanted
          to say in other
          > forums under his free speech rights but lying will not be one of
          those protected rights, so
          > it may still not be the end after all. Anyway, i will not counter
          him anymore. I know already
          > what species he is. Ho-hum.
          >
          > pinoy_infidel
          >

          > --- In piRomeo Macapobre <romeo.macapobre@g...> wrote:
          > >
          > > > most "pinoy atheists" are like dogs with their tail curl below
          their smelly ass.

          > > you go around smelling peoples asses?
          > >
          > > --
          > > apprenons francais [rmacapobre-french.blogspot.com].
          > > apprenons max [rmacapobre.blogspot.com].

          http://www.philippineatheists.org/

        • Romeo Macapobre
          Message 4 of 20 , Jan 1, 2006
            i think the EB should remain free for all. including john. ^_^

            max

            2006/1/2, zach <zachssecret@...>:

            > i have a suggestion next time we have an eb, not to post it sa group, send
            > a personal invite na lang sa individual emails

            --
            apprenons francais [rmacapobre-french.blogspot.com].
            apprenons max [rmacapobre.blogspot.com].

          • John
            Message 5 of 20 , Oct 16, 2008
              Who's the speaker and where?

              Message 6 of 20 , Oct 17, 2008
                > Who's the speaker and where?

                Hi John,

                Here's the invitation poster:
                http://img224.imageshack.us/my.php?image=invitationua0.jpg

                -g

              • margot omega
                Message 7 of 20 , Oct 17, 2008
                  Topic: Mind Trip: The Power of Memory
                  Speaker: Neurologist Dr. Bong Casis
                  Facilitator: Mitzi Borromeo
                  Venue: Mag:Net Cafe, B3 Bonifacio High Street, Bonifacio Global City
                  When: October 25, 430PM

                  Hope to see you there!

                  Margot

                  Message 8 of 20 , Oct 17, 2008
                    Hi Margot,

                    Yun books ko kung tapos ka na palitan na natin ng iba.

                    May mga pinoy romance ako dito kung interesado ka.

                    Hehe.

                    See you 25th

                    Dodie

                    Message 9 of 20 , Oct 19, 2008
                      evolutionary/ neurological romance ba yan? hahaha...
                      sir dodie...nako patay..halfway pa po. agaw2 oras..huhu
                      yeah..c u on the 25th.

                      Margot

                      > Who else are going to Cafe Scientifique this October 25th?
                      > Maybe we can have beers after the event?
                      >
                      > Cheers,
                      >
                      > -g
                      >
                      > --- In pinoy_atheists@ yahoogroups. com, "Benj Espina"
                      > <swingonthespiral@ ...> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > sali din ako dyan kung meron. :)
                      > >

                      > > --
                      > > Benjamin A. Espina III
                      > > Author and Founder, Phil Debate - http://phildebate. com
                      > > Co-author and Co-owner, Visit Sagada - http://visitsagada. com
                      > > Press Secretary, Filipino Voices - http://filipinovoic es.com
                      > > Author and Owner, Atheista.net - http://atheista. net
                      > > UP College of Medicine Class of 2010

                      Do You Yahoo!?
                      http://mail. yahoo.com

                    • Benj Espina
                      Message 10 of 20 , Oct 19, 2008
                        I just RSVP'd.

                        --
                        Benjamin A. Espina III
                        Author and Founder, Phil Debate - http://phildebate.com
                        Co-author and Co-owner, Visit Sagada - http://visitsagada.com
                        Press Secretary, Filipino Voices - http://filipinovoices.com
                        Author and Owner, Atheista.net - http://atheista.net
                        UP College of Medicine Class of 2010

                      • Pecier Decierdo
                        Message 11 of 20 , Oct 20, 2008
                          Hi Dodie, kelan yung EB? (Hehe.)

                          Wow, books, pahiram din! Pa exchange. Kaso nga lang, most (actually
                          all) of my books are outdated. Yung yellow na yung papel. (But they
                          smell and feel orgasmic, those yellow pages, mind you.)

                          May nabili ako last week na xth-hand book (where x approaches
                          googolplex). Dami nang scibbles. Pero sobrang ganda. "The Faith of a
                          Heretic" by Walter Kaufmann. Muntik na nga akong maging polite towards
                          religion ulit eh, tapos nabasa ko yun. Kaufmann is as ferocious as
                          Dawkins or Hitchens, only more poignant and poetical. Yun nga lang,
                          1960's ang publication date, so don't expect anything 'fresh'.

                          And I pride myself of having a decent evolutionary theory reading
                          list. I have Gould's 'Ever Since Darwin', 'The Panda's Thumb' (still
                          on loan, though) and 'Hen's Teeth and Horse's Toes'. I have 'Angels,
                          Apes and Victorians', a scholarly work on Darwin and T.H. Huxley, and
                          a lot more.

                          So Dodie, pa-join naman sa exchange at hiraman. =) (But I'll ask for
                          the consent of my girlfriend first. She's very jealous about our books.)

                          --- In pinoy_atheists@yahoogroups.com, eduardo barot

                          Message 12 of 20 , Oct 20, 2008
                            Hi Pecier,

                            Oct 25, 2008, 4 o'clock at Kape Isla, Boni High Street, Taguig.

                            I'll bring some books, swap tayo.

                            I hope Margot's finished with the books she borrowed from me. Yun you can borrow those.

                            See you Saturday.

                            Dodie

                            Message 13 of 20 , Oct 20, 2008
                              Yun iba science and neurology. Antonio Damasio's "Descrates' Error" Daniel Gilbert's What Are You Happy About?"  I got "What's your Dangerous Idea?" and "What are You Optimistic About?" Yun mga Annual Edge Questions yun as answered by the some best minds of the world. Yun In Search of the Historical Jesus by John Crossan na kay John pa pero baka dalhin nya sa EB. Some book by Diane Ackerman about the mind too.

                              I'll bring them all.

                              <eduardobarot@ ...> wrote:

                              > Hi Margot,
                              >
                              > Yun books ko kung tapos ka na palitan na natin ng iba.
                              >
                              > May mga pinoy romance ako dito kung interesado ka.
                              >
                              > Hehe.
                              >
                              > See you 25th
                              >
                              > Dodie

                            • margot omega
                              Message 14 of 20 , Oct 20, 2008
                                Sir, hindi po sa Kape Isla...sa meg:net cafe po sa bonifacio high street
                                di ko po alam saan din yun..hehe

                                Margot

                                <eduardobarot@ ...> wrote:

                                > Hi Margot,
                                >
                                > Yun books ko kung tapos ka na palitan na natin ng iba.
                                >
                                > May mga pinoy romance ako dito kung interesado ka.
                                >
                                > Hehe.
                                >
                                > See you 25th
                                >
                                > Dodie

                                Do You Yahoo!?
                                http://mail. yahoo.com

                              • Mitochondria
                                Message 15 of 20 , Oct 21, 2008
                                  Bakit wala sa list of events ng mag:net highstreet yung Cafe
                                  Scientifica (October 25)?

                                  http://www.magnet.com.ph/#fort

                                  -g

                                  --- In pinoy_atheists@yahoogroups.com, margot omega
                                  <margot_omega@...> wrote:

                                  > Sir, hindi po sa Kape Isla...sa meg:net cafe po sa bonifacio high
                                  street
                                  > di ko po alam saan din yun..hehe
                                  >
                                  > Margot

                                • Benj Espina
                                  Message 16 of 20 , Oct 21, 2008
                                    the plot thickens. hehe

                                    October 24 nalang tayo EB - Up Dharma Down album launch!
                                    RCBC Hexagon Lounge

                                    Message 17 of 20 , Oct 21, 2008
                                      my bad.

                                      mag:net cafe pala boys and girls, not kape isla. oct 25 4pm