COPY OF MY LETTER TO A YAHOO FORUM

  • doug john
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 19, 2007
      Religion is a subject on which I have ever been most scrupulously reserved. I have considered it as a matter between every man and his Maker in which no other, and far less the public, had a right to intermeddle. -- Thomas Jefferson, to Richard Rush, 1813

      ===============

      Atheism is not a set of dogmas, atheists do not have a political or philosophical programme. They are of every political persuasion. The only thing Atheists have in common is that

      they see no evidence of a god or gods

      Christians do not believe in the gods, Mithras, Zeus, Horus, Vishnu etc.,

      Christians are atheists in regard to all those gods.

      Therefore the only difference between atheists and Christians is

      one GOD THAT is all!

      So, whatÂ’s the problem? There is not a problem UNTIL:-

      * One has to go to war based on religion
      * Discrimination is instituted the basis of religion
      * Slavery is justified on religion
      * Land Grabs are based on religion
      * Laws are based on religion
      * Religion is made part of government
      * Religious instruction is given precedence over science in centres of learning

      IF THERE IS ANY FORCING OF VIEWS DOWN THROATS THAT IS IT! EVEN AT THE POINT OF A GUN!

      Cheers Doug Adam