The horrible truth about religion

  • fab_wen
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 6, 2007
      Dear All,

      I hope you all may be interested in this essay found in the internet
      in the [I believe] very interesting website bibliotecapleyades.net

      Fabio

      THE HORRIBLE TRUTH ABOUT RELIGION

      by Andrew Werner

      Spanish version

      from ReligionExposed Website

      All it takes is ignorance to start serving evil.

      Ignorance is the first step towards becoming an employee of dark forces.

      RELIGION

      What is the basic purpose of religion?
      Religion is designed to focus the people's attention and energy on a
      single, unchanging, uncompromising and invisible supreme being who
      allegedly created an inferior human race just for some extra
      companionship and love for himself and then supposedly foisted a set
      of oppressive and in some cases arbitrary rules on them, which if
      broken would be met with unimaginable punishment. This keeps the
      followers in a continuing state of fear and compliance. They are
      afraid to question the intentions of this invisible being and they are
      afraid of even expressing their own individuality in many cases.
      Christians and others are taught that they have virtually no power to
      do anything except pray, worship and do good deeds.

      They are taught to practice self denial and are told that their own
      will is totally irrelevant. Religious followers believe that they are
      yielding their will over to a benevolent cosmic individual who has
      single-handedly created the whole universe and has their best
      interests at heart when in fact they are handing over their will and
      freedoms to hidden groups of religious elites for the elites own
      personal gains.

      It appears that religion must constantly degrade and humiliate its
      followers in order to glorify and elevate its god. Unfortunately many
      people appear eager to give away their power to authority and seem to
      have a need and even a desire to be ruled and disciplined by it.
      Worshipping gods is futile and is nothing more than an ancient
      primitive custom practiced by weak minded and superstitious people. It
      has no place in the 21st century. The reason we have life in this
      world is to experience life in this world, not to spend our entire
      lives studying an old book, looking up to the sky and worshipping an
      invisible ruler in another realm.

      The main method by which Christians in particular are trapped and
      deceived is with the messiah or saviour story. This is linked to the
      'original sin' story which is designed to impose a large amount of
      guilt onto the whole of humanity. The believers are then so grateful
      that they have been saved by the son of God nearly 2000 years before
      they were born that in some cases they abandon all reason, logic and
      good judgment to obey and worship this god and his son. Anyone who
      believes this story is indeed lost because to believe that a god would
      send his only son to help us, only to see his son get tortured and
      murdered, and then instead of unleashing all his wrath, simply absolve
      us from all crimes past and present, is pure madness to say the least.
      Where is the lesson for us in that? What has been achieved? There is
      no lesson or purpose because it's all about mass psychological
      enslavement and disempowerment.

      The so called god that we are expected to worship is undoubtedly just
      a dictator strawman concocted by the religious elites for the purpose
      of controlling the masses. If there is a prime creator in this
      universe then it is unlikely that he would interfere and impose on us
      by foisting his arbitrary laws, let alone need and demand our
      frivolous worship and blind obedience. Neither of those things
      requires any level of mental aptitude or creativity. The intelligence
      and skills that's been given to many has gone totally to waste. Many
      have lowered themselves to the pointless practice of hero worship.

      Furthermore, Christianity, Islam and a few other religions are
      polarized religions. They are polarized against each other. One is
      believed to be good and the other is seen as bad. The funny thing is,
      is that each one thinks that their's is good and the other's is bad.
      In most ways they're both bad. The only good kind of religion is a
      neutral and all loving one. Polarized religions have been devised by
      influential elite leaders to play the people off against each other.
      That way the elite can defeat and enslave the population practically
      without lifting a finger.

      Religion is like a drug to some. And they need a 2000 year old hero to
      save them - from themselves that is!

      The churches don't permit their followers to have any real truth and
      knowledge because that would empower the people too much so they spoon
      feed them kiddie stories, half truths, distortions and even lies and
      the followers value it highly even though they must spend the rest of
      their lives just making sense of it.

      The irony is that religion is pretty much man made, so mankind has
      really brought this onto themselves.

      The religious elites are not totally to blame because many people
      actually enjoy listening to mystical sounding stories, performing
      rituals, customs and traditions, playing polarity roles and dramas and
      waging battles against what they perceive to be a devil boogie man.
      They also have a secret fetish to be dominated and ruled with an iron
      fist by a supreme ruler or king.

      After all these centuries people still haven't learned to take back
      their power and start taking responsibility for themselves .

      IS THERE A GOD OR IS GOD JUST A SANTA FOR ADULTS?

      What is God?
      Is there a white bearded old man up there creating and presiding over
      everything?

      If there is then what are all the zillions of other smart and creative
      souls doing in the cosmos besides sitting on their hands?
      For millennia people have been asking this question but there is one
      thing that some have thought might be the answer, and that is that
      maybe collectively WE are God.

      God might be like a computer CPU and we might be the millions of
      transistors inside it.

      There is no master transistor (God) which gives life to all the others
      and on which all the others depend. We each function independently and
      also as one. One of the transistors (Jesus) did possibly emerge
      briefly to show us an example of a better way to operate but we are
      all equally part of the CPU as was he.

      Essentially we could be God's guts.

      Why would we need a big master when in the higher realms (which could
      be our destination), we will know everything and we will be able to
      govern ourselves?

      We really have no real need to be ruled and dictated to.

      WORSHIP

      What is worship?
      Worship is the act of sending/offering love, devotion and gratitude to
      a deity or idol.

      They say that love is understanding and yet no one really understands
      God at all. How can you love something or someone whom you can neither
      understand or communicate with properly?

      Love and worship is also about admiration, adoration and gratitude but
      how can one feel these things towards someone whom they've never seen
      or spent time with?

      No God has ever asked anyone to worship him so man's desire to worship
      a deity is nothing more than an ego based need to make himself feel
      useful to a god who otherwise probably has no real use for anything
      man has to offer.

      There is no evidence that whatever or whoever created us needs us to
      worship them because the probability is that if we were created by a
      god or an advanced race then they were doing it for their own purpose
      and agenda. Why would you worship someone just for carrying out their
      own agenda? Would an all powerful creator create a dysfunctional bunch
      of lemmings just for the purpose of worship? Why then give us
      intelligence, free choice, diversity, individuality and a strong will
      and then threaten to disown or terminate us as soon as we try to use them?

      If a single true God does exist then creating a race of selfish,
      sinful, ignorant, arrogant, egotistical, money hungry and sex obsessed
      beings for the sole purpose of worshiping him would have to be the
      stupidest thing he's ever done. It's fairly clear that some people
      have allowed themselves to become ignorant and dumbed-down by the
      pompous tradition of religion.

      PRAYER

      Is prayer effective?
      Prayer is different from worship. Unfortunately there's little
      information given by religion on what makes up prayer and how to use
      it effectively, however there is an indication that it could start
      with something as simple as the focusing of a positive thought towards
      someone or oneself.

      There have been scientific tests carried out which suggest that prayer
      can help heal people.

      Unfortunately religion focuses on negativity mostly regarding humans
      and teaches followers to send all the positive energy up to God. The
      problem here is that this positive energy is desperately needed down
      here on earth because here is where all the problems are that need to
      be solved. We should be sending positive vibes to each other to heal
      each other, end wars and foster harmony, not up to the well endowed
      gods who have no need for it.

      CHRISTIANS: GOOD PEOPLE OR UNWARY TOOLS FOR EVIL?

      Are religious followers including Christians "all serving" (good) or
      "self serving" (bad) individuals?
      Christians believe they are good, however :

      - They serve only their God who is king and anyone who opposes
      their doctrine about him is automatically damned. No questions asked.

      - The heaven carrot is dangled in front of them by their religion
      so they do what ever it takes to get there. That is not "service to
      all" because many are only good so they can get their big rewards and
      avoid hell.

      - They want others to go to heaven too but their religion has
      robbed them of their free will by instilling fear
      and telling them that their will is irrelevant. They then go out
      and violate other people's free will as well by preaching their dogma
      and vilifying (and even killing) them if they don't comply. They
      believe that anyone who does not obey their god's rules is not worthy
      and are therefore classed below them. That is prejudice and bigotry.
      They pass judgment in the name of their god on those who do not accept
      their fear based tenets. They don't understand that you cannot judge
      someone if you don't know all their circumstances and reasons and no
      one can possibly know everything about what led to aparticular
      person's actions or what their true thoughts or intentions were.

      - They preach disempowerment and ignorance which leads people into
      deception where they often become
      accessories to evil. Evil in many cases uses ignorant and
      dumbed-down individuals to do its work.

      - Christians etc. cannot avoid so called sin because their
      religion is based on sin. Sin is attached to them like a ball and
      chain and they cannot escape it or change direction until they're
      dead. They cannot stop breaking their god's laws, because due to the
      fact that they are oppressed, they are subconsciously in constant
      rebellion against those oppressive laws. Also they are all tared with
      the same "sinner" brush from birth so
      that is the role they will inevitably play out.

      - Their religion is based on three things - fear, distortion of
      information, and obedience. Fear is the basis of all negative emotions
      which they are told to avoid. Their god on the other hand has no
      qualms what so ever about expressing these negative emotions through
      his frequent acts of wrath and mass murder. He therefore makes a very
      bad example by his actions.

      Information leads to knowledge and knowledge is light but there is
      very little light where information is suppressed or distorted.

      Obedience without knowledge is slavery. The slavery of religion is far
      worse because all you get for your pain and hard
      efforts in life is weekly ambiguous promises that one day you might
      get to heaven if you're good. The problem with this is that no one is
      really sure what God considers to be good, so the followers spend
      their entire lives in a state of uncertainty.

      Christians etc. believe that they get as much knowledge as they need
      from their bible/koran etc. but they don't know
      that that's only a fraction of the knowledge that exists, and worse,
      their books are full of half truths, distortions and
      omissions.

      They are taught that they need no more knowledge than what their god
      (i.e. the religious leaders) decide they should
      have and they are taught not to question it any further but to just
      believe or they'll be punished. The conclusion is that religious
      followers are not "all serving" individuals. They have allowed
      themselves to become willing pawns for a dark and tyrannical
      regime/god whose only interests are control and exploitation.

      JESUS: SAVIOUR OR TEACHER?

      Did Jesus come here to save us or was it to teach us to save ourselves?
      Saving or taking care of people is a high purpose but teaching people
      to save or take care of themselves and each other is an even higher
      one. Jesus tried to teach people to think for themselves and care for
      each other but Christianity twisted his words around to say that we
      have to always rely on a single supreme ruler to take care of us and
      save us whenever we screw up. Those who do not learn to take care of
      themselves will need someone else to take care of them for the rest of
      eternity whereas those who do, can not only take care of themselves
      but can go on to teach others to do the same, thus it spreads and
      humanity grows and evolves. The last thing religion wants is for
      humanity to evolve because then the religious leaders are out of a job.

      If Jesus really taught us to rely only on him to be saved as well as
      everything else, and to just blindly obey an unseen god's simplistic
      rules and laws then he would have been a very poor teacher.

      Humans who do not start thinking for themselves and throw off the
      doctrine and dogma of religion will never evolve to the next level.

      Religious followers ask, how can religion possibly be bad if it
      honours our God, but once a person learns about the higher truths of
      the cosmos, and that the jealous, angry and vengeful god concept is a
      ploy to keep us in submission and stagnation, they will realize that
      Christianity and other religions are a lie and an abomination to
      divine creation because they are all about lowering peoples vibration
      through mass fear, personal disempowerment and forced ignorance and
      because ignorance leads to evil, ignorance itself is an evil.

      Strangely enough, according to religion, ignorance is not a sin even
      though it is much worse than both envy and pride. Christians claim
      that Jesus said that he was exclusively God and that he was also God's
      one and only son. Jesus almost certainly never made such outlandish
      and arrogant claims. This was just something the Christian leaders
      dreamed up and wrote down out of their sycophantic passion.

      Christ may have claimed to be God in a way but he almost certainly
      meant that he was a part of God as are equally the rest of us. In
      Psalms 82:6 and John 10:34 of the bible, God and Christ actually say
      "Ye are gods", yet Christians continue to turn a blind eye to this
      interesting piece of information. In fact the plural "gods" appears
      numerous times in the bible which pretty much blows out of the water
      the Christian proclamation that there is only one God in all of creation.

      The fact that Christianity has been deceiving us is obvious because of
      the almost total absence of real information about who or what we
      humans are, where we came from and our purpose - our true history. The
      creation story in Genesis is a simplistic joke fit for kindergarten
      students only. It gives no detailed or useful descriptions of the whys
      and hows of our creation. All useful information about us as a race
      has been systematically erased from history by the elites in order to
      make us think that this world is just some kind of after-thought that
      God decided to knock-up one rainy afternoon, and that we should feel
      privileged that he created us at all, and so now we must bow down and
      thank him and if we don't then he will get angry and wipe us all out.

      The elites learned long ago that those who control the past (history)
      also control the present and future.

      Many individuals will look for any opportunity they can get to give
      away their power and have themselves saved by someone so they don't
      have to take responsibility for their own future. Christ was the
      perfect candidate because he's no longer around to refute all the half
      truths and distortions in the bible which were mostly written and
      doctored hundreds of years after his death.

      Religion is a power structure which feeds the people dogma to keep
      itself going financially as well as maintaining its power. Its
      greatest fears are knowledge, unity and co-operation among the people
      which would allow the people to become self sufficient at best and
      arrange an uprising against them at worst.

      If it wasn't for the people's ignorance and desire to give away their
      personal power to authority, the entire clergy would be out of a job
      and would have to start working for a living. Religious ministers also
      enjoy tax exemptions by the way.

      One only has to apply a little critical thinking to what religion puts
      forward to see the deception and subtle immoralities.
      Concepts such as "Deliverance from sin" are obvious in their
      perversion of universal laws. How can one be saved from one's own
      transgression? We are here on earth to work through our issues and
      find practical solutions to our co-habitation problems with each
      other, not to be mysteriously absolved from the arbitrary rules and
      laws of (and by) an invisible and tyrannical deity. Another one is the
      "Gift of righteousness". Righteousness cannot be given as a gift. One
      has either chosen to be righteous in their actions or they haven't.

      Probably the worst is the commandment "Thou shalt love the Lord your
      God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul,
      and with all thy strength."

      The problem with this one is that love that is commanded can never be
      true love because it hasn't come naturally. It has come from a place
      of fear and/or obedience and not from the heart. If that's the kind of
      love the Christian god wants then that's all he's going to get. The
      fact that the god of the bible feels the need to command us to give
      him love indicates that he's not entirely confident that the splendour
      of his works and creations are going to be enough to gain our love so
      he makes it a commandment just in case.

      HEAVEN: PARADISE OR EMPTY PROMISES

      What will Christians do once they get to heaven?
      Christians aren't told what they will be doing when they get to
      heaven. As far as they know they'll just be worshipping God at his
      feet for the rest of eternity. That is not a proper existence, it is
      just an endless state of servitude, but it doesn't seem to bother
      religious followers in the least even though they have no clue what
      lies beyond this world. Christians are apparently not permitted to
      ascend in the way that the son of God does. When they go to the after
      life they simply go from one life of servitude to another.

      The real reason Christians cannot ascend is because they are living
      and experiencing someone else's truth, not their own truth. They have
      been taught by their religion to live and experience the truth of a
      tyrannical text based god and to just blindly obey him. They may never
      realize and experience their true potential, and living one's own
      truth is essential in order to evolve and grow.

      Christians are taught that they are in this world to get to know God.
      This is nonsense since God, if he does exist, resides in a totally
      different dimension. Would you send your children to the farthest
      reaches of the globe to get to know you? You have to be with someone
      to get to know them.

      Our Prime Creator, if there is one, probably exists a hundred or more
      dimensions above our 3rd dimension. We are about as far away from our
      Creator as we can get. Even communication is difficult between distant
      dimensions, let alone interaction and governance. God trying to
      communicate with us would be like a human trying to communicate with
      ants. It would be completely futile. The same goes if ants were to try
      to worship a human. We are not here to get to know God, we are here to
      experience all that can be experienced and to develop our own
      potentials and to sort out our differences so that we can learn to
      co-exist peacefully. In this world, our world, anything goes. We get
      to do what we want. We are here to make a statement about who we are.
      Here we get to write our own script for living. This is our stage and
      our show. A true creator would not interfere with its creation's
      natural development. Only a satanic god would.

      Another major reason why Christians cannot evolve or ascend is because
      they have allowed themselves to be trapped in the low vibration of
      fear, prejudice, judgment and ignorance because of what they've been
      taught. As mentioned before, fear is the basis of all negative
      emotions and has the lowest vibrational frequency. Because the higher
      realms consist of high frequency vibrational energy, one has to have
      equal vibration in order to merge into there. Until one releases
      themselves from fear based emotions, they will remain trapped in the
      cycle of this mortal dimensional matrix indefinitely. What Christians
      don't know is that even though they will probably get to go to their
      heaven as promised, the Christian heaven resides in the astral plane
      in the fourth or fifth dimension and is therefore still part of our
      earthly matrix, so they won't actually be too far away.

      When they die and go to their astral plane heaven, they will only stay
      there for a short time and then they will cycle back down into this
      world again through reincarnation (which by the way is one of the many
      concepts that have been removed from the bible by the church fathers).
      True heaven is not a place that you go to but a state of mind and is
      something that one makes for ones self. The horrible truth is that
      religion is all about keeping its followers spiritually marooned in
      this dark matrix forever.

      Religion constantly warns its followers to avoid hell but at the same
      time is ambiguous about exactly what one has to do to get to hell or
      heaven. This can only lead to fear, confusion and division among the
      population. Also each religion says totally different things which
      then causes even more confusion and conflict. The same goes for many
      other concepts which religion professes to know about.

      Christians are constantly tempted with heaven and threatened with hell
      and then they're told that they have a choice - a "free choice" in
      fact (and also "free will" by the way (???)). This choice can be
      compared to the choice that a robber gives his victim - "your money or
      your life". Christians are so brainwashed that they cannot see that
      this is not a choice but an ultimatum, which makes the claim of "free
      choice" an outright lie for a start. A choice is between two or more
      viable and amicable options. Death or eternal suffering is not a
      viable or amicable option.

      There is no future for someone who goes to hell and so it can never be
      a valid choice, it is merely a cowardly threat (given that we are
      small defenseless creatures). The god of the bible is an expert at
      making demands, threats and empty promises while hiding in another
      realm. Eternal worship and simple servitude are also not proper
      choices because worship and servitude are not proper ways to exist for
      an intelligent, creative and resourceful soul.

      Another choice Catholics in particular are given is whether to have
      children after getting married or not. If they choose not to have
      children then once again they are threatened with possible eternal
      torture in hell. In a world with so much stress and money problems,
      God could be a little more understanding. It appears that religion is
      more of a slave production line than a loving family.

      Christians are told lies that only one person can ever, and has ever
      ascended, and that is Jesus Christ, the purported only son of God.
      Jesus may have existed but he couldn't have been God's only son
      because there would be something wrong a with god who has only ever
      managed to produce one offspring.

      Some Christians will argue that Jesus was God's only 'begotten' son -
      in other words the only spiritual/human hybrid. But we all have God's
      spirit breathed into us which makes us all spiritual/human hybrids, so
      why are the rest of us barred from ascending? Christians say it's
      because Jesus 'is' exclusively God. The truth is we are all equal
      parts of God, except the religious elites hope that we never find that
      out.

      Many religions say that only a select few will make it to heaven and
      be with God. This is called exclusivism or elitism and is definitely
      not healthy for a society. It seems clear that the god of the bible,
      if he exists, is a tyrant and not the creator of all that is. While a
      person continues to be a fundamentalist Christian, he/she can never
      evolve or ascend.

      SIN: EVIL OR JUST ANOTHER SCARY WORD?

      What is sin?
      Sin is a word made up by religion to define a transgression or
      disobedience against its god's laws. Many Christians point out that
      the word's exact translation means 'miss the mark', which wouldn't
      make any sense because the bible also says that the price of sin is
      death. Why would a creator torture and kill its creations just for
      missing the mark?

      Sin is not inherently evil. It's just the inadvertent breaking of one
      or more of a particular deity's rules.

      Religious people believe that the force that created us is an
      individual who has human-like feelings that can be hurt by the things
      we say, do or even think while we're in this physical world. They
      don't realize that only egos can be offended. Obviously the Christian
      god has an ego and an enormous one at that.

      Believers believe that early man managed to somehow figure out exactly
      what this deity's likes, dislikes and will are through some visions,
      dreams and disembodied voices, and they believe that if we don't do
      exactly what he wants then he waits until we're dead and then he
      severely punishes us for putting a dent in his precious plans to gain
      some extra love and companionship for himself. It seems that this god
      is rather selfish as well as egotistical.

      Why does a wonderful and omnipotent creator need extra love and
      companionship all of a sudden after being happy for eons and eons? Why
      if he has so much time on his hands did he feel he had to whip up the
      world in just six days? Why not instead make it all develop naturally
      and at its own pace? What was the big hurry? Because all of his angels
      abandoned him maybe? That would be no surprise.

      A deity who can only get people to love him by making them really dumb
      (putting them into human form) cannot be a wonderful deity in anyone's
      language, and a deity who can only forgive people by having his only
      son brutally mutilated and murdered, not to mention making billions of
      ordinary humans suffer and die over thousands of years, can only be
      described as profoundly psychotic and deranged. And Christians are so
      indoctrinated that they believe that this is love just because the
      bible says it is. Anyone who can still think clearly can plainly see
      that Christianity is totally insane and that the Christian god
      strawman is himself the very definition of sin.

      Humans are not sinners. Humans break divine laws for the same reason
      they break state laws. They are stressed - they're in a hurry - they
      don't think that the law applies to them. In the case of divine laws
      they usually do it out of stupidity, ignorance or adventurousness.
      This is human nature. Why should humans be prosecuted just for being
      human? We are a young race and we are young at heart. That's the way
      we were created. We learn through our mistakes but if we're constantly
      threatened with punishment then all we learn is how to be good slaves.

      Sin is one of the things that will get a Christian/Muslim into hell.
      Getting into hell requires little effort other than doing something
      different to what your religion/deity has told you to do. There are
      basically two things that will get you into hell.

      1.- Choosing to believe or do other than what your
      church/bible/koran has told you to believe or do (in other words
      thinking for yourself)

      2.- Not accepting your God's son as your saviour (Christianity)

      Any decent, well intentioned, intelligent, free thinking, independent
      and self responsible individual can easily end up in hell without any
      problem.

      Going to heaven is easy too but in a different way. You don't have to
      do much to go to heaven, only three things.

      1.- Accept Jesus as your saviour (Christianity)

      2.- Be very obedient

      3.- Believe everything you're told by your church/bible

      It requires little intelligent thought. Basically you just have to
      train yourself to be as obedient as a trained dog. It doesn't require
      very many specific acts of good will either.

      According to religious leaders the most valuable human qualities
      considered by God are total faith and belief, unquestioning obedience,
      and fear of authority and the unseen. Most other human qualities are
      apparently relatively useless to God. It's a funny coincidence that
      those were the very same qualities that were also much liked by those
      who used and traded slaves in the Middle East around 2000 years ago
      when the scriptures were written.

      We are told that God gives us total unconditional love and yet he
      continues to place huge conditions on us and our future. It doesn't
      sound much like unconditional love at all. It sounds more like a
      former middle eastern dictator. At least 'you know who' didn't make
      you burn and suffer for eternity.

      FAITH: JUSTIFIED TRUST AND BELIEF OR BLISSFUL IGNORANCE?

      What is faith? Note: This section contains some non original content.

      The option to doubt is what gives us the free will to explore all
      possibilities.

      *

      If one has no doubts but only faith, as in religion, then one
      cannot properly exercise free will in day to day life
      *

      Free will gives us the ability to accept or reject anything we
      are told and that is what makes us human and unique
      *

      We as human beings have the capacity to understand ourselves and
      to realize our inner spiritual nature
      *

      Religion seeks to divert our attention away from our inner self
      and focus it onto an invisible and inconceivable ruler god
      *

      If we choose to buy into this then we are robbed of our personal
      power and individuality and the authorities can have their way with us

      Religious followers put faith in religion's teachings and then make
      bunches of wild claims. And they can do that because religion's claims
      are so difficult to disprove.

      They are difficult to disprove because it happened so long ago that
      all the witnesses and scribes are dead, and because God is basically a
      faceless entity. Also Christ hasn't been around for 2000 years so he's
      not available to rebuke any of the claims to set the record straight.

      Therefore Christian scholars and church leaders could change or write
      whatever they like over the centuries, print it, and call it scripture.

      Rejecting religion's doctrine of God does not result in hell and
      blindly believing in God does not result in heaven. Many on earth are
      already in a state of hell and many of them are religious followers.
      Many free thinking people are already experiencing heaven on earth and
      don't need to be dictated to by religion.

      Love is complete acceptance and respect for another's freedom and
      choices while always being ready to help them in all ways possible. If
      we are to believe that the god of the bible is the one true God then
      it is clear that this god doesn't love us at all but seeks only to
      interfere, manipulate and disempower us through fear, imposed
      ignorance and constant empty promises. True love is the ability to
      make others feel special. The Christian god hasn't exactly succeeded
      in making any of his followers feel particularly special or valuable.
      Everyone is special, but the god of the bible only seems intent on
      making us all into identical, helpless and miserable sheep with no
      self will or useful purpose.

      GOD: KING BY PROXY OR CROWNED IDOL?

      Why God could not possibly govern this world.
      Governing a world requires a physical presence, but the bible god has
      no physical presence here and his governance cannot be done by proxy
      through humans. God, if he exists, is not of this world and therefore
      cannot properly communicate or interact with anyone here. Saying that
      Jesus walked the earth and was God or the son of God is not a valid
      claim because there is no evidence that Jesus was a bigger part of God
      than the rest of us are. There is no evidence that he was the only son
      of God or even a representative of God except what humans have put
      into the bible as his purported words.

      Evidence of his Godship has been claimed but evidence can be
      misinterpreted, misrepresented and exaggerated, especially over
      hundreds or thousands of years. Saying that Jesus was God is nothing
      more than a far fetched claim by religious zealots who are notorious
      for making such claims out of passion.

      Jesus cannot be said to even be a representative of God's governing
      body because Jesus has not been around for nearly 2000 years. A
      government representative must have an active presence in order to see
      that things continue to run as required. One cannot govern a world for
      thirty odd years and then take off and expect the people to not twist
      and distort one's words and embellish one's stories.

      Using a book such as a bible is also not a valid object of authority
      because there's no reason to believe that the bible actually contains
      the creator's own words, unless of course you want to take the bibles
      own word for it. Also many words and concepts cannot be properly
      translated, and the written word can be rewritten, slanted and
      distorted over time.

      The best form of government is each persons own moral code based on
      love, compassion, common decency and respect for one another. The
      promise of heaven and the threat of hell only really works on
      children. If everyone were to grow up and drop the fear based ravings
      of religion and just do onto others as they would have others do onto
      them then there would be less problems in the world.

      DIVINE LAW: JUSTICE OR AN INVITATION FOR MISCHIEF?

      Do God's methods work in practice?
      God's laws are said to be fair and just. The best way to guide someone
      to do the right thing is to advise them of what is best and then
      explain to them the consequences of doing things thoughtlessly.
      Informing the person of some of the pitfalls prompts the person to
      think and learn about what is best so they can grow in wisdom and
      experience life with safety.

      On the other hand telling someone not to do something and then giving
      insufficient information, or worse, threatening abandonment, bodily
      harm or even torture and death if they don't comply, forces the person
      to either become alienated, or driven into fearful submission. Some
      however will go along quite willingly and happily if they lack
      knowledge or self esteem.

      The god of the bible uses the later method.

      Bluntly telling someone not to do something is an invitation to a
      curious human, which is the way we were created, to break the rules
      and find out for themselves what will happen.

      The best way to learn is to make mistakes and humans make them all the
      time however the god of the bible does not allow us to take this
      natural route. The god of the bible does make some provisions for a
      person to repent if they do decide to be adventurous but in the face
      of threats, fear and unanswered questions, a sincere repentance is
      rather difficult. This often results in residual guilt, and because of
      ambiguity over what is and isn't a transgression against God, the
      person may be left confused, fearful and uncertain about their future.
      God demands to be loved above all others but under these circumstances
      true love is hardly possible, especially given that he's conveniently
      invisible and unreachable. Strangely, most Christians are quite happy
      in their religion and don't have any problem living under this kind of
      bizarre regime.

      The reward and punishment system that God uses has been shown to work
      sufficiently on animals and children but intelligent and creative
      human adults deserve better. If the god of the bible is who he says he
      is then he should know that.

      Why doesn't he? Maybe it's because it isn't God at all who's doing
      this but man doing it to himself. Religion is provably man's invention
      and man makes his religion to be in proportion to his level of
      development. The Islamic culture for example is a little more barbaric
      than western cultures and that's obviously why the Islamic religion is
      also more barbaric.

      Horses for courses, or rather courses for horses.

      *

      Love is the desire and ability to make someone happy and
      joyful every minute of every day
      *

      Love is unconditional acceptance of someone no matter what
      they choose to believe or do
      *

      Love is promising someone something good and then surprising
      them with something ten times better the very next day
      *

      The god of the bible ought to try using love some time
      instead of just bragging about it

      Return to Nazarenos y La Biblia

      Return to Temas / Misticismo