COPY OF A POST TO THE POLITICAL SPIN ROOM

  • doug john
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 4, 2007
      Throughout ages we have had an almost plethora of virgin births.

      The Greek demigod Perseus was born when the god Jupiter visited the virgin Danae as a show of gold and also got her pregnant.

      The God Buddha was born through an opening in his mother's side .

      Catlicus the serpent-skirted caught a little ball of feathers from the sky and hid it in her bosom and the Aztec God Huitzilopochtii was thus conceived.

      The virgin Nana took a pomegranate from the tree watered by the blood of the slain Agdestris, and laid it in her bosom, and gave birth to the god Attis.

      The virgin daughter of a Mongol king awoke one night and found herself bathed in a great light, which caused her to give birth to Genghis Khan.

      Krishna was born of the virgin Devaka.

      Horus was born of the virgin Isis.

      Mercury was born of the virgin Maia.

      Romulus was born of the virgin Rhea Sylvia.

      When the virgin Mary was married to Joseph was found to be made pregnant by the Holy Ghost, Joseph must have found it hard to get his buddies in his local bar to believe that.

      For some reason, many religions think of the birth canal is a one-way street

      The disappointment is that virgin births do not seem to have happened lately in our maternity hospital and I wonder if our religious brethren can explain why this is so, and if we can expect an immaculate conception again sometime soon?

      I only ask! Cheers Doug Adam

      Source: Virgin birth details from "God is not Great" by Christopher Hitchens