SELF FLAGELLATING LEFTIST LIBERALS

  • doug john
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 17, 2007
      Fellow atheists,

      I responded to Steve’s email in Cebu Brits Yahoo Group on “Hersi Ali” and posted it to Acharya S. who I greatly admire for her many books including “The Christ Conspiracy: The Greatest Story Ever Sold.”

      I copy her reply and then if your are still with me, my reply to hers.

      ===============

      “Thanks for doing that, Doug.

      As I recall, she changed her name so that her family wouldn't track her down and find her, possibly subjecting her to an "honor killing." That someone would criticize her for this fact goes to show what low character the "liberals" have attained in their defense of any horror that comes across their path, so long as it is in opposition to the status quo.

      This name-change issue is an ad hom - and a very stupid one at that. As I've said before, the lefty liberals have so lost their moral compass on the subject of Islam that they have driven me straight into the Neocon camp on this issue. They're disgusting, in fact, and while they flagellate themselves and those around them, hundreds of girls and women are being horribly disfigured every week. In their bleeding heart stance at defending the despicably oppressive and violent cult of Islam, they completely ignore its millions of
      victims. Absolutely disgraceful.

      When this Steve person has had his genitals hacked off at the age of five and then sewn together, leaving a tiny hole, to be ripped open on his "wedding" night, then he will have some right to criticize Hirsi Ali for fleeing her arranged marriage and speaking out against the horrors of Islam. Until then, not.

      Be sure to pass along this lovely image - it's not Hirsi Ali but it does represent the radical mutilation that she and millions of Somali girls and women have endured over the many centuries this evil has gone on.”

      http://aussie_news_views.typepad.com/aussie_news_views/images/fgm1.jpg

      ================

      Dear Acharya,

      You label those of us that are reluctant to be carried into another world war, this time possibly with nuclear weapons, on the present wave of Islamophobia as “Leftist Liberals.” And therefore you have been driven by this into the “Neocon camp” Wow!

      Are you talking about the Neocons that have turned Iraq into a horrible destructive quagmire? The Neocons that have the support of Fundamentalist Christians? The Neocons who have a born again Christian fundamentalist President within their ranks who talks to god. The Neocons who now want to extend the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan to Syria and Iran? The Neocons who slaughtered 4 million people in Indo China? Need I go on?

      Acharya, I understand and share your revulsion about the excesses of Moslem fundamentalists but please try and balance that with the death and destruction that is being wrought on Moslems by the mightiest military power the world has ever seen,(which claims to be Christian,) mostly for oil profits.

      Surely Acharya you are jumping from the pot into the fire in a big way. Your accusation “Lost your moral compass.” could surely be directed back at you? Do you support the detention of people without trial and without Habeas Corpus and the Bush redefining by the Bush cabal, the Geneva Convention by your Bush Cabal leaders and calling torture “robust interrogation?” Do you really believe these characters have the moral high ground?

      Your statement “In their (the leftist liberals) bleeding heart stance at defending the despicably oppressive and violent cult of Islam, they completely ignore its millions of victims. Absolutely disgraceful.” In parenthesis mine.

      That surely is the biggest straw man imaginable, and is totally beyond the realm of all reason, logic and balance and I for one reject it most vociferously.

      I hope you will be still comforted in your cocoon of extreme right wing conservatism, (which has many parallels with Nazism,) if and when their war for the complete domination of the world starts.

      The fact that you can be driven so easily into the Neocon Camp speaks volumes of the strength of your political convictions and morals.

      I will still, despite your venomous outburst against views like mine, will maintain a balanced view of what forces are the most dangerous to world peace at the moment; I will still oppose the excesses of Islam, Judaism and Christianity. I will still avidly read your work on religion and whilst doing so hope that your passion, though commendable, will not lead you into the arms of the devil. Acharya please think again where you are going with this, it is such a distraction from the rest of your most admirable work.

      Regards Doug Adam