'No health benefit' from prayer

  • Romeo Macapobre
    Message 1 of 3 , May 31, 2007
      'No health benefit' from prayer
      Patients did not know they were prayed for
      The world's largest study into the effects of prayer on patients undergoing
      heart surgery has found it appears to make no difference.

      http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/3193902.stm

      Before their operations, they were randomly split into two groups, and half
      were prayed for by Christians, Jews, Buddhists and Muslims .. However,
      checks revealed they had fared no better than those not prayed for.

      [max] no wonder it didnt work, they failed to call up and include ganesh and
      his followers to the party ...

      --
      apprenons francais [rmacapobre-french.blogspot.com].
      apprenons max [rmacapobre.blogspot.com].

    • boy lason
      Message 2 of 3 , May 31, 2007
        Remember the guide from The Mummy? You know, the guy who gets cornered
        by Arnold Vosloo and then proceeds to pray in different religions in
        quick succession? I laughed so hard when he held up each corresponding
        talisman.
      • Butch Silverio
        Message 3 of 3 , May 31, 2007
          As I recall, in fact, the study showed a slight improvement in the
          outcomes of those patients who were not prayed for.
          Perhaps the edge was not considered statistically significant.
          Butch