Re: [pinoy_atheists] salvation

    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 7, 2007
      Salvation from what? Evidence and proof, please

      spiritual_truth07 <spiritual_truth07@...> wrote: Only true salvation and hope comes from God. God that is allknowing and
      all loving. Atheism only shows the negative. It pretends that it can
      give hopes to man but ultimately doomed.

    • boy lason
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 7, 2007
        So, God knows all about child abuse and the pederasts who commit them.
        That's a strange way of expressing love, don't you think? I'm inclined
        to think that God loves those perverts more than innocent children.
      • von cortes
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 8, 2007
          Too bad you've been robbed of the ability to
          see and experience the good things in this life,
          thus making you aspire for a better one in
          the yonder. Life now must be harsh for you.
          How sad.

          --- In pinoy_atheists@yahoogroups.com, "spiritual_truth07" <spiritual_truth07@...> wrote:

          > Only true salvation and hope comes from God. God that is allknowing and
          > all loving. Atheism only shows the negative. It pretends that it can
          > give hopes to man but ultimately doomed.
        • Butch Silverio
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 8, 2007
            My dear spiritual truth,
            I think you're in the wrong egroup. If you're here to preach you are
            wasting your time. But since you have sought to say your piece, let
            me say mine.
            As long as there are the religious like you, mankind will never have
            any hope of evolving to the best that it can be.
            As long as there are those like you who believe in "salvation" in an
            "all-knowing and all-powerful God" yada yada yada, mankind will
            continue to be beset by hypocrisy, injustice, hunger, war.
            Salvation is nowhere. Stop putting all your hope and rationalizing
            blame on some figment of your imagination that you call God.
            Wake up, face reality, and begin to take responsibility for yourself
            and the rest of mankind.
            As long as people believe that it is enough for them to confess and
            to have their sins forgiven by an all-forgiving God, there will be
            those that take unfair advantage of their fellow men and impose their
            bigotry on the world. With fatal consequences, I should say. Ask any
            mother who mourns the death of her son in a war put forth by George
            Bush and encouraged by the likes of Billy Graham and Pope Benedict.
            Wake up!
            There is no God and atheism is not negative, it is just the opposite
            polarity as religion. Atheism places responsibility squarely on the
            shoulders of the human race itself, just as we place our inspiration
            and hope for the future in ourselves and our fellow men.
            So don't give me that crap about loving a hypothetical God. Why don't
            you love you fellow men instead?
            Your "salvation" lies not in your faith nor in your prayers nor in
            your rituals, not in Jesus Christ nor Yahweh nor Buddha nor Allah.
            Your "salvation" lies in how you live your life from day to day, in
            how positively you contribute to the betterment of the lives of the 6
            billion humans who share this planet with you.
            Butch
          • spiritual_truth07
            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 8, 2007
              Para di po kayo maabala sa group na ito, gumawa po ako ng bagong
              yahoo group na related sa ating topic ngayon. Simula ngayon doon po
              natin itutuloy ang usapin na ito. Ito po ung URL. Join po kayo.

              --- In pinoy_atheists@yahoogroups.com, "von cortes"

              Message 6 of 9 , Apr 8, 2007
                ST,
                hinde sa nang-aabala ka but if you can present your case within reason at makapagbigay ka ng matinding dahilan kung bakit kami maniniwala sa sinasabi mo, then hala! sa langit na kita tanan!

                joma

                Message 7 of 9 , Apr 14, 2007
                  Feel free to join our group
                  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/the_pinoy_theists_group/

                  The group is open for discussions concerning mainly on atheism-theism
                  issue which means that the members can utilize their powers of
                  understanding in all areas of knowledge e.g. metaphysics, logic, the
                  physical sciences, epistemolgy, ontology, theology, etc, etc, in proving
                  their case or into exposition related with the theme of the group's
                  existence. It means that the atheists members can post too their own
                  cases against God's existence or theism in general or on the issue of
                  morality.

                  Feel at home, this group entertains useful contributions that are
                  necessary in enriching our souls into understanding reality. Therefore,
                  I mean that the pros and cons thoughts on the atheism-theism issue are
                  necessary only that we should avoid obscene and personal-insulting
                  articles.

                  Regards,

                  ST

                  --- In pinoy_atheists@yahoogroups.com, jose mario sison <joma_sison@...>
                  wrote:

                  > ST,
                  > hinde sa nang-aabala ka but if you can present your case within reason
                  at makapagbigay ka ng matinding dahilan kung bakit kami maniniwala sa
                  sinasabi mo, then hala! sa langit na kita tanan!

                  > joma
                  >
                  > spiritual_truth07 spiritual_truth07@... wrote:
                  >
                  > Para di po kayo maabala sa group na ito, gumawa po ako ng bagong
                  > yahoo group na related sa ating topic ngayon. Simula ngayon doon po
                  > natin itutuloy ang usapin na ito. Ito po ung URL. Join po kayo.

                  > --- In pinoy_atheists@yahoogroups.com, "von cortes"
                  > element_115x@ wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Too bad you've been robbed of the ability to
                  > > see and experience the good things in this life,
                  > > thus making you aspire for a better one in
                  > > the yonder. Life now must be harsh for you.
                  > > How sad.
                  > >
                  > > --- In pinoy_atheists@yahoogroups.com, "spiritual_truth07"
                  > <spiritual_truth07@> wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > Only true salvation and hope comes from God. God that is
                  > allknowing and
                  > > > all loving. Atheism only shows the negative. It pretends that it
                  > can
                  > > > give hopes to man but ultimately doomed.

                • danzigstorer
                  Message 8 of 9 , May 15, 2007
                    But that is a religious belief. Other religious views might say
                    otherwise.