salvation

  • spiritual_truth07
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 7, 2007
      Only true salvation and hope comes from God. God that is allknowing and
      all loving. Atheism only shows the negative. It pretends that it can
      give hopes to man but ultimately doomed.
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 7, 2007
        Salvation from what? Evidence and proof, please

        spiritual_truth07 <spiritual_truth07@...> wrote: Only true salvation and hope comes from God. God that is allknowing and
        all loving. Atheism only shows the negative. It pretends that it can
        give hopes to man but ultimately doomed.

      • boy lason
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 7, 2007
          So, God knows all about child abuse and the pederasts who commit them.
          That's a strange way of expressing love, don't you think? I'm inclined
          to think that God loves those perverts more than innocent children.
        • von cortes
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 8, 2007
            Too bad you've been robbed of the ability to
            see and experience the good things in this life,
            thus making you aspire for a better one in
            the yonder. Life now must be harsh for you.
            How sad.

            --- In pinoy_atheists@yahoogroups.com, "spiritual_truth07" <spiritual_truth07@...> wrote:

            > Only true salvation and hope comes from God. God that is allknowing and
            > all loving. Atheism only shows the negative. It pretends that it can
            > give hopes to man but ultimately doomed.
          • Butch Silverio
            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 8, 2007
              My dear spiritual truth,
              I think you're in the wrong egroup. If you're here to preach you are
              wasting your time. But since you have sought to say your piece, let
              me say mine.
              As long as there are the religious like you, mankind will never have
              any hope of evolving to the best that it can be.
              As long as there are those like you who believe in "salvation" in an
              "all-knowing and all-powerful God" yada yada yada, mankind will
              continue to be beset by hypocrisy, injustice, hunger, war.
              Salvation is nowhere. Stop putting all your hope and rationalizing
              blame on some figment of your imagination that you call God.
              Wake up, face reality, and begin to take responsibility for yourself
              and the rest of mankind.
              As long as people believe that it is enough for them to confess and
              to have their sins forgiven by an all-forgiving God, there will be
              those that take unfair advantage of their fellow men and impose their
              bigotry on the world. With fatal consequences, I should say. Ask any
              mother who mourns the death of her son in a war put forth by George
              Bush and encouraged by the likes of Billy Graham and Pope Benedict.
              Wake up!
              There is no God and atheism is not negative, it is just the opposite
              polarity as religion. Atheism places responsibility squarely on the
              shoulders of the human race itself, just as we place our inspiration
              and hope for the future in ourselves and our fellow men.
              So don't give me that crap about loving a hypothetical God. Why don't
              you love you fellow men instead?
              Your "salvation" lies not in your faith nor in your prayers nor in
              your rituals, not in Jesus Christ nor Yahweh nor Buddha nor Allah.
              Your "salvation" lies in how you live your life from day to day, in
              how positively you contribute to the betterment of the lives of the 6
              billion humans who share this planet with you.
              Butch
            • spiritual_truth07
              Message 6 of 9 , Apr 8, 2007
                Para di po kayo maabala sa group na ito, gumawa po ako ng bagong
                yahoo group na related sa ating topic ngayon. Simula ngayon doon po
                natin itutuloy ang usapin na ito. Ito po ung URL. Join po kayo.

                --- In pinoy_atheists@yahoogroups.com, "von cortes"

                Message 7 of 9 , Apr 8, 2007
                  ST,
                  hinde sa nang-aabala ka but if you can present your case within reason at makapagbigay ka ng matinding dahilan kung bakit kami maniniwala sa sinasabi mo, then hala! sa langit na kita tanan!

                  joma

                  Message 8 of 9 , Apr 14, 2007
                    Feel free to join our group
                    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/the_pinoy_theists_group/

                    The group is open for discussions concerning mainly on atheism-theism
                    issue which means that the members can utilize their powers of
                    understanding in all areas of knowledge e.g. metaphysics, logic, the
                    physical sciences, epistemolgy, ontology, theology, etc, etc, in proving
                    their case or into exposition related with the theme of the group's
                    existence. It means that the atheists members can post too their own
                    cases against God's existence or theism in general or on the issue of
                    morality.

                    Feel at home, this group entertains useful contributions that are
                    necessary in enriching our souls into understanding reality. Therefore,
                    I mean that the pros and cons thoughts on the atheism-theism issue are
                    necessary only that we should avoid obscene and personal-insulting
                    articles.

                    Regards,

                    ST

                    --- In pinoy_atheists@yahoogroups.com, jose mario sison <joma_sison@...>
                    wrote:

                    > ST,
                    > hinde sa nang-aabala ka but if you can present your case within reason
                    at makapagbigay ka ng matinding dahilan kung bakit kami maniniwala sa
                    sinasabi mo, then hala! sa langit na kita tanan!

                    > joma
                    >
                    > spiritual_truth07 spiritual_truth07@... wrote:
                    >
                    > Para di po kayo maabala sa group na ito, gumawa po ako ng bagong
                    > yahoo group na related sa ating topic ngayon. Simula ngayon doon po
                    > natin itutuloy ang usapin na ito. Ito po ung URL. Join po kayo.

                    > --- In pinoy_atheists@yahoogroups.com, "von cortes"
                    > element_115x@ wrote:
                    > >
                    > > Too bad you've been robbed of the ability to
                    > > see and experience the good things in this life,
                    > > thus making you aspire for a better one in
                    > > the yonder. Life now must be harsh for you.
                    > > How sad.
                    > >
                    > > --- In pinoy_atheists@yahoogroups.com, "spiritual_truth07"
                    > <spiritual_truth07@> wrote:
                    > > >
                    > > > Only true salvation and hope comes from God. God that is
                    > allknowing and
                    > > > all loving. Atheism only shows the negative. It pretends that it
                    > can
                    > > > give hopes to man but ultimately doomed.

                  • danzigstorer
                    Message 9 of 9 , May 15, 2007
                      But that is a religious belief. Other religious views might say
                      otherwise.