The Philippine Blog Awards Invocation Faux Pas

  • Benj Espina
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 1 2:06 AM
      As I've been whoring in this mailing list, the Philippine Blog Awards
      was held last night. The organizers put together a very good program,
      but the worst part about it was the politically-incorrect prayer that
      the priest chose to recite.

      So compassionate, so faithful, so loving You are Our Father.

      We ask You to increase our faith and our love for You that we may
      use blogging as an instrument to fulfill Your purposes. May we become
      bloggers of truth and promoters of peace.

      Help us to be steadfast in our Christian commitment that visitors
      may find in our blogs a source of encouragement and inspiration. Give
      us strength to proclaim Your word, that we may play our part in
      breaking down the walls of hostility in the world and use our blogs to
      strengthen the bonds of friendship, solidarity and love.

      Make our hearts meek and humble
      that we may treat our readers as friends, not as unique hits,
      that we may strive to change ourselves for the better more often
      than we pimp our site templates,
      that we may find more time to ease the pain of someone in our own
      home than to reply to comments left by strangers,
      that we may interact with our next door neighbors as often as we
      chat with our blogrolled friends,
      that we may be more concerned about helping the less privileged
      than about the number of subscribers to our RSS feeds.

      Deliver us, Father, from spams and viruses, from pride and
      selfishness, and from the temptation to replicate images without
      permission and copy ideas without crediting the original authors.

      May we always be united as a network of bloggers and friends
      working together in Your name. May our blogs lead us closer to You.

      We ask all these through Christ, Our Lord. Amen.

      The priest who did this blogs here http://www.stephencuyos.com/?p=280
      ---

      I thought I was in the VCF Blog Awards. :(

      Benj
      http://atheista.net
    • boy lason
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 1 5:31 AM
        WTF? They took what's essentially secular-led technology and somehow
        made it their own. It scares me knowing the fact that they're going to
        be bigger than ever. Gah! I can't believe that they're embracing web 2.0.

        Next thing you know those jehova's witnessess start proselytizing
        through PMs, blogs, and god forbid (forgive the expression),
        podcasting. It was so easy to shut the door on their lying faces and
        shout, "Allah-u-akbar! Allah-u-akbar" and they scurry away like rats.
        It probably wouldn't surprise me if they're already doing it, wait a
        couple of weeks and the JW spam comes pouring in.
      • Benj Espina
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 2 4:39 PM
          In other news, somebody had the nerve to tell me this.

          10. Father Cuyos is the name of the cool podcasting/blogging
          priest from the Vatican, not Cuying, (w/c is taken from his nominated
          PODCAST: CUYINGCAST). Benj and other non-religious folks must remember
          that they are in the Philippines and prayers before events are
          standard. THIS PRAYER w/c is so significant that I'd suggest to to get
          Father Cuyos as co-HOST next time–will go down (or better yet, GO UP)
          in history as the funniest and most bagay na prayer I've ever heard!

          His blog is at http://youwillbeforever.blogspot.com

          Benj
          http://atheista.net

          --- In pinoy_atheists@yahoogroups.com, "boy lason" <kensindayen@...>
          wrote:

          > WTF? They took what's essentially secular-led technology and somehow
          > made it their own. It scares me knowing the fact that they're going to
          > be bigger than ever. Gah! I can't believe that they're embracing web
          2.0.

          > Next thing you know those jehova's witnessess start proselytizing
          > through PMs, blogs, and god forbid (forgive the expression),
          > podcasting. It was so easy to shut the door on their lying faces and
          > shout, "Allah-u-akbar! Allah-u-akbar" and they scurry away like rats.
          > It probably wouldn't surprise me if they're already doing it, wait a
          > couple of weeks and the JW spam comes pouring in.

        • Tony Basa
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 2 6:02 PM
            Hi Benj,

            I think we should start attaching religious labels to otherwise non-
            religious events or things that the religionists hijack. For example,
            the Philippine Christian (Catholic?) Blog Awards. I heard they will
            start giving out crucifixes and rosaries to the winners in next
            year's event to establish a new standard. LOLs, standard. I just
            posted on PA about Catholic Commission on Elections banning campaigns
            during the Catholic holidays.

            cheers!
            Tony

            --- In pinoy_atheists@yahoogroups.com, "Benj Espina"