Re: [pinoy_atheists] Consciousness (was Gay Marriage)

  • Santos Jeremy
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 10, 2006
      Hello BBL,

      Tagal ko na hindi nag-basa ng messages dito. Sept pa post mo but i just
      wanted to answer. I recently was contemplating buying a copy at fully
      booked niyang book by Dennett. I do have his other books "Darwin's Dangerous
      Idea" and "Breaking the Spell". Kung nabasa mo na, would you recommend
      "Consciousness Explained"? I have other books on similar topics like:
      Antonio Damasio's "The Feeling of What Happens", VS Ramachandran's "A Brief
      Tour of Human Consciousness" and "Phantoms in the Brain".

      Jeremy

      On 9/9/06, badboylamok <badboylamok@...> wrote:

      > Has anyone here read Consciousness Explained by Daniel Dennett?

    • badboylamok
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 12, 2006
        Hello Jeremy,

        Actually, I haven't read that book yet. That's why I asked because I'd
        like to know if his ideas are worth reading. Since you have some of
        his books, would you recommend reading that book?

        badboylamok

        On 11/11/06, Santos Jeremy <vmma007@...> wrote:

        > Hello BBL,
        >
        > Tagal ko na hindi nag-basa ng messages dito. Sept pa post mo but i just
        > wanted to answer. I recently was contemplating buying a copy at fully
        > booked niyang book by Dennett. I do have his other books "Darwin's Dangerous
        > Idea" and "Breaking the Spell". Kung nabasa mo na, would you recommend
        > "Consciousness Explained"? I have other books on similar topics like:
        > Antonio Damasio's "The Feeling of What Happens", VS Ramachandran's "A Brief
        > Tour of Human Consciousness" and "Phantoms in the Brain".
        >
        > Jeremy
      • Santos Jeremy
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 23, 2006
          badboylamok,

          Okay naman. I find his books very informative in terms of useful and
          original concepts. However, medyo mahirap basahin for me. Siguro kasi, he's
          more of a philosopher than a scientist and I'm used to reading science. I've
          long been tempted to buy his 'Consciousness Explained' and probably will one
          of these days.

          Jeremy

          -----