Re: [pinoy_atheists] Re: Morality

    Message 1 of 17 , Aug 1, 2012
      Some lawyers' ideas are products of incorrect thinking.

      Like they've been led/trained to believe in the adage the "law is hard but it is still the law",--which makes them completely shut down all thought processes as that principle is the end of the line as far as thinking-it through is concerned.
      An ancient historian observed (Suetonius?) that, "the more laws a republic has, the more corrupt it is." Rings a bell? Sounds like a country we know.

      Here we are not taught "when law becomes injustice, rebellion becomes duty." - Thomas Jefferson. This is because the State only wants dull, obedient sheep as they are easier to control.

      This idea by Jefferson is not told us because that would pose a dangerous meme to the State--but what is the "State" anyway? And by who's or what's authority told them to rule over us?

      Back to point, law schools are like brainwash institutions.

      Anyway, I think all schools here are. And they get paid well for it.

      They're no different from prisons. They wear uniforms like in prisons. have schedules on when to eat and play like in prisons, they're told how to behave like in prisons, told what to think like in prisons. Its indoctrination, not teaching, that goes on in these places.

      Schools do not teach students how to think for themselves. The only difference (from being in prison) is that while they're physcally free, their minds are chained to limiting ideas that have been proven to fail from time to time.

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 17 , Aug 2, 2012
        we were witness to corona;s daily mass and novena in supreme court and i thought the best mind are....

        wrote:

        > - especially religious leaders. doing good is basic to us Homo
        sapiens. we are a happy kind of cultured animal and continue to evolve a
        culture that iscientific needing no morality. Certainly, we continue to
        enjoy life as we love our neighbors/Â we celebrate life, we love the
        real life, not the good other life in heaven... there's no better
        life than the real life

      • Sarda Karaniwan
        Message 3 of 17 , Aug 6, 2012
          Institutionalized, means the "educated".

          Uninstitutionalized, means "uneducated".

          Our society is divided into this category intentionally so that the
          "uneducated" majority will always be under the control of the few
          selected "educated" minority who claims to be the "authority" because
          they got "diplomas" as proof of "authority" (sic).

          -----sarda-----

          --- In pinoy_atheists@yahoogroups.com, eduardo barot <eduardobarot@...>
          wrote:

          > Some lawyers'Â ideas are products of incorrect thinking.
          > Like they've been led/trained to believe in the adage the "law is
          hard but it is still the law",--which makes them completely shut down
          all thought processes as that principle is the end of the line as
          far as thinking-it through is concerned. Â
          > An ancient historian observed (Suetonius?) that, "the more laws a
          republic has, the more corrupt it is." Rings a bell? Sounds like a
          country we know.
          > Here we are not taught "when law becomes injustice, rebellion becomes
          duty." - Thomas Jefferson. This is because the State only wants dull,
          obedient sheep as they are easier to control.
          > This idea by Jefferson is not told us because that would pose a
          dangerous meme to the State--but what is the "State" anyway? And by
          who's or what's authority told them to rule over us?
          > Back to point, law schools are like brainwash institutions.
          > Anyway, I think all schools here are. And they get paid well for it.
          > They're no different from prisons. They wear uniforms like in prisons.
          have schedules on when to eat and play like in prisons, they're toldÂ
          how to behave like in prisons, told what to think like in prisons.
          Its indoctrination, not teaching, that goes on in these places.
          > Schools do not teach students how to think for themselves. The
          only difference (from being in prison)Â is that while they're