Re: [pinoy_atheists] Re: Morality

  • Tomas Agulto
    Message 1 of 17 , Jul 24, 2012
      Religion itself is the best proof that god does not exist

      Message 2 of 17 , Jul 26, 2012
        Mr.Agulto,

        It would please me to hear and maybe as well as other atheist for you
        give out those reasons why religion itself is the best proof that god
        does not exist. The statement is not meant to argue with you as we are
        all more or less of the same "belief"? in this forum, but to give us
        re-inforcement of reasons against those "bible-expert" believers whose
        aim it is, is to make atheism look ridiculous, thus making us look
        ridiculous.

        And I hope others could add more, thank you.

        wrote:

        > Religion itself is the best proof that god does not exist

      • eric sandy fernando
        Message 3 of 17 , Aug 1, 2012
          here's an example of "moral choice" according to a chief justice applicant. at the beginning of the video, one of his proposals is moral choice/grounds in deciding cases. if you jump into 1hr 9m of the video, the discussion continued. please follow the link provided below. take note, the applicant is a dean of law in a university here in manila. poor students.

          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBlIj-JFn5U

          ________________________________

          Message 4 of 17 , Aug 1, 2012
            Some lawyers' ideas are products of incorrect thinking.

            Like they've been led/trained to believe in the adage the "law is hard but it is still the law",--which makes them completely shut down all thought processes as that principle is the end of the line as far as thinking-it through is concerned.
            An ancient historian observed (Suetonius?) that, "the more laws a republic has, the more corrupt it is." Rings a bell? Sounds like a country we know.

            Here we are not taught "when law becomes injustice, rebellion becomes duty." - Thomas Jefferson. This is because the State only wants dull, obedient sheep as they are easier to control.

            This idea by Jefferson is not told us because that would pose a dangerous meme to the State--but what is the "State" anyway? And by who's or what's authority told them to rule over us?

            Back to point, law schools are like brainwash institutions.

            Anyway, I think all schools here are. And they get paid well for it.

            They're no different from prisons. They wear uniforms like in prisons. have schedules on when to eat and play like in prisons, they're told how to behave like in prisons, told what to think like in prisons. Its indoctrination, not teaching, that goes on in these places.

            Schools do not teach students how to think for themselves. The only difference (from being in prison) is that while they're physcally free, their minds are chained to limiting ideas that have been proven to fail from time to time.

            ________________________________

            --- In mailto:pinoy_atheists%40yahoogroups.com, Tomas Agulto <tomagulto@...>

            Message 5 of 17 , Aug 2, 2012
              we were witness to corona;s daily mass and novena in supreme court and i thought the best mind are....

              wrote:

              > - especially religious leaders. doing good is basic to us Homo
              sapiens. we are a happy kind of cultured animal and continue to evolve a
              culture that iscientific needing no morality. Certainly, we continue to
              enjoy life as we love our neighbors/Â we celebrate life, we love the
              real life, not the good other life in heaven... there's no better
              life than the real life

            • Sarda Karaniwan
              Message 6 of 17 , Aug 6, 2012
                Institutionalized, means the "educated".

                Uninstitutionalized, means "uneducated".

                Our society is divided into this category intentionally so that the
                "uneducated" majority will always be under the control of the few
                selected "educated" minority who claims to be the "authority" because
                they got "diplomas" as proof of "authority" (sic).

                -----sarda-----

                --- In pinoy_atheists@yahoogroups.com, eduardo barot <eduardobarot@...>
                wrote:

                > Some lawyers'Â ideas are products of incorrect thinking.
                > Like they've been led/trained to believe in the adage the "law is
                hard but it is still the law",--which makes them completely shut down
                all thought processes as that principle is the end of the line as
                far as thinking-it through is concerned. Â
                > An ancient historian observed (Suetonius?) that, "the more laws a
                republic has, the more corrupt it is." Rings a bell? Sounds like a
                country we know.
                > Here we are not taught "when law becomes injustice, rebellion becomes
                duty." - Thomas Jefferson. This is because the State only wants dull,
                obedient sheep as they are easier to control.
                > This idea by Jefferson is not told us because that would pose a
                dangerous meme to the State--but what is the "State" anyway? And by
                who's or what's authority told them to rule over us?
                > Back to point, law schools are like brainwash institutions.
                > Anyway, I think all schools here are. And they get paid well for it.
                > They're no different from prisons. They wear uniforms like in prisons.
                have schedules on when to eat and play like in prisons, they're toldÂ
                how to behave like in prisons, told what to think like in prisons.
                Its indoctrination, not teaching, that goes on in these places.
                > Schools do not teach students how to think for themselves. The
                only difference (from being in prison)Â is that while they're