Re: Morality

  • Sarda Karaniwan
    Message 1 of 17 , Jul 24, 2012
      "morality is for the degenarative kind of people."

      Abnormal you mean,LOL, I agree. The present morality we have today is
      not for the normal ordinary human being that is why the ordinary
      people(the real human being) never really adapted to it, and that is why
      we always hear them justify, "hey, I'm only human".

      -----sarda-----

      --- In pinoy_atheists@yahoogroups.com, Tomas Agulto <tomagulto@...>
      wrote:

      > - especially religious leaders. doing good is basic to us Homo
      sapiens. we are a happy kind of cultured animal and continue to evolve a
      culture that iscientific needing no morality. Certainly, we continue to
      enjoy life as we love our neighbors/Â we celebrate life, we love the
      real life, not the good other life in heaven... there's no better
      life than the real life

      partially on myth from an older source. I think during the Pagan
      times they had saints and martyrs too, or their equivalent. So the
      Church also had to create or make their own, to match up or compete.Â
      Religion being an industry and all.Â

      > Have you ever heard of St. Andrew-by-Wardrobe? There's a saint for
      furniture too, I read.

      > You don't have to be a saint or a martyr. There are a lot of morally
      upright people out there who don't get "cannonized" (what a word).

      > In fact, I know some good people don't want to get noticed too much
      for whatever good they do, not expecting anything in return.

      > Maybe the feelgood effect is nice enough for them.
      >

      > ________________________________

    • Tomas Agulto
      Message 2 of 17 , Jul 24, 2012
        Religion itself is the best proof that god does not exist

        wrote:

        > - especially religious leaders. doing good is basic to us Homo

        sapiens. we are a happy kind of cultured animal and continue to evolve a

        culture that iscientific needing no morality. Certainly, we continue to

        enjoy life as we love our neighbors/Â we celebrate life, we love the

        real life, not the good other life in heaven... there's no better

        life than the real life

        > --- On Sat, 21/7/12, jose mario sison joma_sison@... wrote:

        > From: jose mario sison joma_sison@...

        > Subject: Re: [pinoy_atheists] Re: Morality

        > To: pinoy_atheists@yahoogroups.com

        > looks like morality has a mind of its own?

        > --- On Thu, 7/19/12, eduardo barot eduardobarot@... wrote:

        > From: eduardo barot eduardobarot@...

        > Subject: Re: [pinoy_atheists] Re: Morality

        > To: "pinoy_atheists@yahoogroups.com" pinoy_atheists@yahoogroups.com

        > Date: Thursday, July 19, 2012, 8:14 AM

        > Easy? I don't think so.

        > Besides, saints' and martyrs' lives are based partially on truth and

        partially on myth from an older source. I think during the Pagan

        times they had saints and martyrs too, or their equivalent. So the

        Church also had to create or make their own, to match up or compete.Â

        Religion being an industry and all.Â

        > Have you ever heard of St. Andrew-by-Wardrobe? There's a saint for

        furniture too, I read.

        > You don't have to be a saint or a martyr. There are a lot of morally

        upright people out there who don't get "cannonized" (what a word).

        > In fact, I know some good people don't want to get noticed too much

        for whatever good they do, not expecting anything in return.

        > Maybe the feelgood effect is nice enough for them.

        > ________________________________

        > From: Sarda Karaniwan karaniwans@...

      • Sarda Karaniwan
        Message 3 of 17 , Jul 26, 2012
          Mr.Agulto,

          It would please me to hear and maybe as well as other atheist for you
          give out those reasons why religion itself is the best proof that god
          does not exist. The statement is not meant to argue with you as we are
          all more or less of the same "belief"? in this forum, but to give us
          re-inforcement of reasons against those "bible-expert" believers whose
          aim it is, is to make atheism look ridiculous, thus making us look
          ridiculous.

          And I hope others could add more, thank you.

          wrote:

          > Religion itself is the best proof that god does not exist

        • eric sandy fernando
          Message 4 of 17 , Aug 1, 2012
            here's an example of "moral choice" according to a chief justice applicant. at the beginning of the video, one of his proposals is moral choice/grounds in deciding cases. if you jump into 1hr 9m of the video, the discussion continued. please follow the link provided below. take note, the applicant is a dean of law in a university here in manila. poor students.

            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBlIj-JFn5U

            ________________________________

            Message 5 of 17 , Aug 1, 2012
              Some lawyers' ideas are products of incorrect thinking.

              Like they've been led/trained to believe in the adage the "law is hard but it is still the law",--which makes them completely shut down all thought processes as that principle is the end of the line as far as thinking-it through is concerned.
              An ancient historian observed (Suetonius?) that, "the more laws a republic has, the more corrupt it is." Rings a bell? Sounds like a country we know.

              Here we are not taught "when law becomes injustice, rebellion becomes duty." - Thomas Jefferson. This is because the State only wants dull, obedient sheep as they are easier to control.

              This idea by Jefferson is not told us because that would pose a dangerous meme to the State--but what is the "State" anyway? And by who's or what's authority told them to rule over us?

              Back to point, law schools are like brainwash institutions.

              Anyway, I think all schools here are. And they get paid well for it.

              They're no different from prisons. They wear uniforms like in prisons. have schedules on when to eat and play like in prisons, they're told how to behave like in prisons, told what to think like in prisons. Its indoctrination, not teaching, that goes on in these places.

              Schools do not teach students how to think for themselves. The only difference (from being in prison) is that while they're physcally free, their minds are chained to limiting ideas that have been proven to fail from time to time.

              ________________________________

              --- In mailto:pinoy_atheists%40yahoogroups.com, Tomas Agulto <tomagulto@...>

              Message 6 of 17 , Aug 2, 2012
                we were witness to corona;s daily mass and novena in supreme court and i thought the best mind are....

                wrote:

                > - especially religious leaders. doing good is basic to us Homo
                sapiens. we are a happy kind of cultured animal and continue to evolve a
                culture that iscientific needing no morality. Certainly, we continue to
                enjoy life as we love our neighbors/Â we celebrate life, we love the
                real life, not the good other life in heaven... there's no better
                life than the real life

              • Sarda Karaniwan
                Message 7 of 17 , Aug 6, 2012
                  Institutionalized, means the "educated".

                  Uninstitutionalized, means "uneducated".

                  Our society is divided into this category intentionally so that the
                  "uneducated" majority will always be under the control of the few
                  selected "educated" minority who claims to be the "authority" because
                  they got "diplomas" as proof of "authority" (sic).

                  -----sarda-----

                  --- In pinoy_atheists@yahoogroups.com, eduardo barot <eduardobarot@...>
                  wrote:

                  > Some lawyers'Â ideas are products of incorrect thinking.
                  > Like they've been led/trained to believe in the adage the "law is
                  hard but it is still the law",--which makes them completely shut down
                  all thought processes as that principle is the end of the line as
                  far as thinking-it through is concerned. Â
                  > An ancient historian observed (Suetonius?) that, "the more laws a
                  republic has, the more corrupt it is." Rings a bell? Sounds like a
                  country we know.
                  > Here we are not taught "when law becomes injustice, rebellion becomes
                  duty." - Thomas Jefferson. This is because the State only wants dull,
                  obedient sheep as they are easier to control.
                  > This idea by Jefferson is not told us because that would pose a
                  dangerous meme to the State--but what is the "State" anyway? And by
                  who's or what's authority told them to rule over us?
                  > Back to point, law schools are like brainwash institutions.
                  > Anyway, I think all schools here are. And they get paid well for it.
                  > They're no different from prisons. They wear uniforms like in prisons.
                  have schedules on when to eat and play like in prisons, they're toldÂ
                  how to behave like in prisons, told what to think like in prisons.
                  Its indoctrination, not teaching, that goes on in these places.
                  > Schools do not teach students how to think for themselves. The
                  only difference (from being in prison)Â is that while they're