Re: [pinoy_atheists] Re: Morality

    Message 1 of 17 , Jul 21, 2012
      looks like morality has a mind of its own?

      Message 2 of 17 , Jul 21, 2012
        Hi. Its been quite some time.

        Morality is a human creation. It drives us from our natural instincts. it makes us enjoy the material world less.

        I understand that much from my sparse reading of Nietzche.

        ________________________________

        wrote:

        > Maybe non-atheist.
        >

        > ________________________________

      • Tomas Agulto
        Message 3 of 17 , Jul 21, 2012
          morality is for the degenarative kind of people - especially religious leaders. doing good is basic to us Homo sapiens. we are a happy kind of cultured animal and continue to evolve a culture that iscientific needing no morality. Certainly, we continue to enjoy life as we love our neighbors/  we celebrate life, we love the real life, not the good other life in heaven...  there's no better life than the real life

          From: eduardo barot <eduardobarot@...>

          To: "pinoy_atheists@yahoogroups.com" <pinoy_atheists@yahoogroups.com>

          Message 4 of 17 , Jul 21, 2012
            i see. the question what morality "want us to become" is poetic..

            Message 5 of 17 , Jul 21, 2012
              Morality is very important. Its just most of the time its subjective.

              I don't know if morality should be looked at neutrally (does that sounds psychopatic?) but i think it is a window into the human condition.

              And then there's the question of God. How much does God contribute to morality?

              In the Old Testament and the New Testamnent, for example, two Gods are portrayed with diametrically opposed morality traits.

              ________________________________

              wrote:

              > Maybe non-atheist.
              >

              > ________________________________

            • Sarda Karaniwan
              Message 6 of 17 , Jul 24, 2012
                "morality is for the degenarative kind of people."

                Abnormal you mean,LOL, I agree. The present morality we have today is
                not for the normal ordinary human being that is why the ordinary
                people(the real human being) never really adapted to it, and that is why
                we always hear them justify, "hey, I'm only human".

                -----sarda-----

                --- In pinoy_atheists@yahoogroups.com, Tomas Agulto <tomagulto@...>
                wrote:

                > - especially religious leaders. doing good is basic to us Homo
                sapiens. we are a happy kind of cultured animal and continue to evolve a
                culture that iscientific needing no morality. Certainly, we continue to
                enjoy life as we love our neighbors/Â we celebrate life, we love the
                real life, not the good other life in heaven... there's no better
                life than the real life

                Church also had to create or make their own, to match up or compete.Â
                Religion being an industry and all.Â

                > Have you ever heard of St. Andrew-by-Wardrobe? There's a saint for
                furniture too, I read.

                > You don't have to be a saint or a martyr. There are a lot of morally
                upright people out there who don't get "cannonized" (what a word).

                > In fact, I know some good people don't want to get noticed too much
                for whatever good they do, not expecting anything in return.

                > Maybe the feelgood effect is nice enough for them.
                >

                > ________________________________

              • Tomas Agulto
                Message 7 of 17 , Jul 24, 2012
                  Religion itself is the best proof that god does not exist

                  wrote:

                  > - especially religious leaders. doing good is basic to us Homo

                  sapiens. we are a happy kind of cultured animal and continue to evolve a

                  culture that iscientific needing no morality. Certainly, we continue to

                  enjoy life as we love our neighbors/Â we celebrate life, we love the

                  real life, not the good other life in heaven... there's no better

                  life than the real life

                  > --- On Sat, 21/7/12, jose mario sison joma_sison@... wrote:

                  > From: jose mario sison joma_sison@...

                  > Subject: Re: [pinoy_atheists] Re: Morality

                  > To: pinoy_atheists@yahoogroups.com

                  > looks like morality has a mind of its own?

                  > --- On Thu, 7/19/12, eduardo barot eduardobarot@... wrote:

                  > From: eduardo barot eduardobarot@...

                  > Subject: Re: [pinoy_atheists] Re: Morality

                  > To: "pinoy_atheists@yahoogroups.com" pinoy_atheists@yahoogroups.com

                  > Date: Thursday, July 19, 2012, 8:14 AM

                  > Easy? I don't think so.

                  > Besides, saints' and martyrs' lives are based partially on truth and

                  partially on myth from an older source. I think during the Pagan

                  times they had saints and martyrs too, or their equivalent. So the

                  Church also had to create or make their own, to match up or compete.Â

                  Religion being an industry and all.Â

                  > Have you ever heard of St. Andrew-by-Wardrobe? There's a saint for

                  furniture too, I read.

                  > You don't have to be a saint or a martyr. There are a lot of morally

                  upright people out there who don't get "cannonized" (what a word).

                  > In fact, I know some good people don't want to get noticed too much

                  for whatever good they do, not expecting anything in return.

                  > Maybe the feelgood effect is nice enough for them.

                  > ________________________________

                  > From: Sarda Karaniwan karaniwans@...

                • Sarda Karaniwan
                  Message 8 of 17 , Jul 26, 2012
                    Mr.Agulto,

                    It would please me to hear and maybe as well as other atheist for you
                    give out those reasons why religion itself is the best proof that god
                    does not exist. The statement is not meant to argue with you as we are
                    all more or less of the same "belief"? in this forum, but to give us
                    re-inforcement of reasons against those "bible-expert" believers whose
                    aim it is, is to make atheism look ridiculous, thus making us look
                    ridiculous.

                    And I hope others could add more, thank you.

                    wrote:

                    > Religion itself is the best proof that god does not exist

                  • eric sandy fernando
                    Message 9 of 17 , Aug 1, 2012
                      here's an example of "moral choice" according to a chief justice applicant. at the beginning of the video, one of his proposals is moral choice/grounds in deciding cases. if you jump into 1hr 9m of the video, the discussion continued. please follow the link provided below. take note, the applicant is a dean of law in a university here in manila. poor students.

                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBlIj-JFn5U

                      ________________________________

                      Message 10 of 17 , Aug 1, 2012
                        Some lawyers' ideas are products of incorrect thinking.

                        Like they've been led/trained to believe in the adage the "law is hard but it is still the law",--which makes them completely shut down all thought processes as that principle is the end of the line as far as thinking-it through is concerned.
                        An ancient historian observed (Suetonius?) that, "the more laws a republic has, the more corrupt it is." Rings a bell? Sounds like a country we know.

                        Here we are not taught "when law becomes injustice, rebellion becomes duty." - Thomas Jefferson. This is because the State only wants dull, obedient sheep as they are easier to control.

                        This idea by Jefferson is not told us because that would pose a dangerous meme to the State--but what is the "State" anyway? And by who's or what's authority told them to rule over us?

                        Back to point, law schools are like brainwash institutions.

                        Anyway, I think all schools here are. And they get paid well for it.

                        They're no different from prisons. They wear uniforms like in prisons. have schedules on when to eat and play like in prisons, they're told how to behave like in prisons, told what to think like in prisons. Its indoctrination, not teaching, that goes on in these places.

                        Schools do not teach students how to think for themselves. The only difference (from being in prison) is that while they're physcally free, their minds are chained to limiting ideas that have been proven to fail from time to time.

                        ________________________________

                        --- In mailto:pinoy_atheists%40yahoogroups.com, Tomas Agulto <tomagulto@...>

                        Message 11 of 17 , Aug 2, 2012
                          we were witness to corona;s daily mass and novena in supreme court and i thought the best mind are....

                          wrote:

                          > - especially religious leaders. doing good is basic to us Homo
                          sapiens. we are a happy kind of cultured animal and continue to evolve a
                          culture that iscientific needing no morality. Certainly, we continue to
                          enjoy life as we love our neighbors/Â we celebrate life, we love the
                          real life, not the good other life in heaven... there's no better
                          life than the real life

                        • Sarda Karaniwan
                          Message 12 of 17 , Aug 6, 2012
                            Institutionalized, means the "educated".

                            Uninstitutionalized, means "uneducated".

                            Our society is divided into this category intentionally so that the
                            "uneducated" majority will always be under the control of the few
                            selected "educated" minority who claims to be the "authority" because
                            they got "diplomas" as proof of "authority" (sic).

                            -----sarda-----

                            --- In pinoy_atheists@yahoogroups.com, eduardo barot <eduardobarot@...>
                            wrote:

                            > Some lawyers'Â ideas are products of incorrect thinking.
                            > Like they've been led/trained to believe in the adage the "law is
                            hard but it is still the law",--which makes them completely shut down
                            all thought processes as that principle is the end of the line as
                            far as thinking-it through is concerned. Â
                            > An ancient historian observed (Suetonius?) that, "the more laws a
                            republic has, the more corrupt it is." Rings a bell? Sounds like a
                            country we know.
                            > Here we are not taught "when law becomes injustice, rebellion becomes
                            duty." - Thomas Jefferson. This is because the State only wants dull,
                            obedient sheep as they are easier to control.
                            > This idea by Jefferson is not told us because that would pose a
                            dangerous meme to the State--but what is the "State" anyway? And by
                            who's or what's authority told them to rule over us?
                            > Back to point, law schools are like brainwash institutions.
                            > Anyway, I think all schools here are. And they get paid well for it.
                            > They're no different from prisons. They wear uniforms like in prisons.
                            have schedules on when to eat and play like in prisons, they're toldÂ
                            how to behave like in prisons, told what to think like in prisons.
                            Its indoctrination, not teaching, that goes on in these places.
                            > Schools do not teach students how to think for themselves. The
                            only difference (from being in prison)Â is that while they're