Re: [pinoy_atheists] HOW?

  • Christ M
    Message 1 of 27 , Apr 1 9:04 PM
      There are just a few answers to that question:

      1.) If you feel you would be physically threatened, then you would be correct
      in not "coming out". No one should be upset with you keeping your doubts of
      religion hidden in that situation.
      2.) Openly showing that the arguments for theism (of any sort) are poor at
      best. And seriously, most of them are. The few religions that could be sort of
      taken semi seriously are flavors of Buddhism and Hinduism. Those are poor at
      that. They at least have at there core claims that are so weak that they cannot
      be easily crushed on a grand scope.
      3.) Testing close friend for their opinions. That is sort of what you do on
      here. In theory, the people on here are atheists, though there may be some
      silly fundamental theists who will show up, and these people should be able to
      provide emotional support. Locally, you should be able to eventually find
      people who aren't so into religion and make further friends.

      This is just a short reply, but I will say even if you can't find someone local,
      feel free to fall back on your online friends. The best of them will be at the
      least equal to friends that you could meet in you hometown.

      Message 2 of 27 , Apr 3 10:10 PM
        Thank you.