GOD GIVEN FREE WILL

  • doug adam
    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 1, 2010
      Fellow Atheists,

      How do you answer the faithful who say all the evil in the world is
      nothing to do with the creator, the problem is that God wants us to have
      FREE WILL?

      Cheers Doug

    • Sundee Guevara
      Message 2 of 11 , Dec 2, 2010
        You ask him nicely:"How do you know that? How do you know that God
        gave you free will? "Did he actually come to you in person and say,
        "Hey. Have a cup of Free Will?" "

        And if he can't answer that convincingly, tell him: "Have a cup of
        SHUT THE FUCK UP!"

        --
        All life is Copy, Cut, Paste.
      • Silts
        Message 3 of 11 , Dec 2, 2010
          I'd say, if god created us and would want us not to commit evil deeds, then
          why gave us free will in the first place?

          On Thu, Dec 2, 2010 at 2:05 PM, doug adam <theadamfamilyoz@...>wrote:

          > Fellow Atheists,
          >
          > How do you answer the faithful who say all the evil in the world is
          > nothing to do with the creator, the problem is that God wants us to have
          > FREE WILL?
          >
          > Cheers Doug

        • Ralph Pineda
          Message 4 of 11 , Dec 2, 2010
            fellow atheists

              do we have a meeting to our fellow atheists? God is dead. Am I right?
            "An atheist is a man who has no invisible means of support."

          • jimat420
            Message 5 of 11 , Dec 3, 2010
              --- In pinoy_atheists@yahoogroups.com, Ralph Pineda <kerberos23@...> wrote:

              > fellow atheists
              >

              >   do we have a meeting to our fellow atheists? God is dead. Am I right?
              > "An atheist is a man who has no invisible means of support."

              I hope there is. I haven't been to a meetup before. I would be happy to attend if there is.
            • james libres
              Message 6 of 11 , Dec 3, 2010
                Do we really need to answer their question? I mean does it matter? What's the
                point?

                ==============================================================================================================

                I'd say, if god created us and would want us not to commit evil deeds, then
                why gave us free will in the first place?

                On Thu, Dec 2, 2010 at 2:05 PM, doug adam <theadamfamilyoz@...>wrote:

                > Fellow Atheists,
                >
                > How do you answer the faithful who say all the evil in the world is
                > nothing to do with the creator, the problem is that God wants us to have
                > FREE WILL?
                >
                > Cheers Doug

              • John
                Message 7 of 11 , Dec 3, 2010
                  Check out www.filipinofreethinkers.org

                  We have weekly meetings (usually on Sat or Sun). Not all of the members are
                  atheists, but a significant percentage are.

                  ________________________________

                  Message 8 of 11 , Dec 3, 2010
                    So when is the next meeting and where?

                    --- In pinoy_atheists@yahoogroups.com, John <harmless168@...> wrote:

                    > Check out www.filipinofreethinkers.org
                    >
                    > We have weekly meetings (usually on Sat or Sun). Not all of the members are
                    > atheists, but a significant percentage are.
                    >

                    > ________________________________

                  • John
                    Message 9 of 11 , Dec 3, 2010
                      It's actually today at the LGBT Pride March in Tomas Morato. I think the meetup
                      time is 2PM

                      ________________________________
                      > We have weekly meetings (usually on Sat or Sun). Not all of the members are
                      > atheists, but a significant percentage are.
                      >

                      > ________________________________

                    • anis misaghi
                      Message 10 of 11 , Dec 4, 2010
                        where are these meetings held? I would like to attend

                        Message 11 of 11 , Mar 6, 2011
                          --- In pinoy_atheists@yahoogroups.com, james libres <jimat420@...>
                          wrote:

                          > Do we really need to answer their question? I mean does it matter?
                          What's the
                          > point?

                          Two reasons,

                          One. like a mountain it is there.