Re: [pinoy_atheists] My wife is a brave lady !!!

  • PnoyHthn
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 12, 2010
      She is a very brave woman.  Most Filipinos have been brainwashed in religion from childhood.  I really would like to know how she came out of it.

      Pinoy Heathen

      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 12, 2010
        She really is courageous to stand up for her non-belief. Why not ask her to join
        our forums where she can let off some steam? :)

        www.filipinofreethinkers.org

        Also, you can get her to check out the New Zealand Association of Rationalists
        and Humanists

        http://www.nzarh.org.nz/

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 12, 2010

          Hurray for Individualism.

        • joma_sison@yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 12, 2010
            I like to hear her story? Was she from religious family? What does she work?
            Sent from my BlackBerry®

            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 12, 2010
              Brave woman indeed! Yah, might be more relieving for her if she could join
              this and/or the FF (www.filipinofreethinkers.org) forum. Im also as
              interested to know her story for becoming one.

              On Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at 9:22 AM, John <harmless168@...> wrote:

              > She really is courageous to stand up for her non-belief. Why not ask her to
              > join
              > our forums where she can let off some steam? :)
              >
              > www.filipinofreethinkers.org
              >
              > Also, you can get her to check out the New Zealand Association of
              > Rationalists
              > and Humanists
              >
              > http://www.nzarh.org.nz/
              >
              > ________________________________

            • Matthew Munoz
              Message 6 of 9 , Aug 13, 2010
                Kudos to the wife Pete.

                On Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at 3:02 AM, prlures@... <prlures@...>wrote:

                > My wife is a Filipina living here in New Zealand. She has many friends from
                > home and is deeply involved in the Filipino community in this country. My
                > wife is an atheist and as you can imagine has to endure a lot of criticism
                > from her friends and from church officials.
                > And yet she is not afraid to take a stand and speak her mind.
                > In New Zealand the churches seem to have a very big influence upon the
                > Filipinos living here, the churches seem to take advantage of Pinoy living
                > in a new place.
                > My wife has been rejected by many of her friends for her views but she said
                > to me "Darling, that is their choice, I still offer my friendship but I will
                > not be bound to their beliefs because they say I should"
                > I salute my wife, please give her your support as she is a lone voice here
                > in our region.
                > Best wishes to all. Pete

              • catharcyst_26
                Message 7 of 9 , Aug 13, 2010
                  Hats off to your wife. =) You are fortunate to have one another. I hope she finds true friends, those who will accept her for who she is. Many of us here can only dream of doing what she did. May the both you never give up hope. =)

                  --- In pinoy_atheists@yahoogroups.com, Matthew Munoz <matthew.g.munoz@...> wrote:

                  > Kudos to the wife Pete.
                  >
                  > On Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at 3:02 AM, prlures@... <prlures@...>wrote:
                  >

                  > > My wife is a Filipina living here in New Zealand. She has many friends from
                  > > home and is deeply involved in the Filipino community in this country. My
                  > > wife is an atheist and as you can imagine has to endure a lot of criticism
                  > > from her friends and from church officials.
                  > > And yet she is not afraid to take a stand and speak her mind.
                  > > In New Zealand the churches seem to have a very big influence upon the
                  > > Filipinos living here, the churches seem to take advantage of Pinoy living
                  > > in a new place.
                  > > My wife has been rejected by many of her friends for her views but she said
                  > > to me "Darling, that is their choice, I still offer my friendship but I will
                  > > not be bound to their beliefs because they say I should"
                  > > I salute my wife, please give her your support as she is a lone voice here
                  > > in our region.
                  > > Best wishes to all. Pete

                • Pete & Rica Clarkson
                  Message 8 of 9 , Aug 13, 2010