Atheist music

  • Gato Habana
    Message 1 of 63 , Mar 1, 2010
      I was hoping for your recommendations on music that is aesthetically pleasing to atheists.

      I've got all the Slayer and Metallica stuff already. Satanic stuff doesn't count because its still superstition.
      I was hoping the members could post some of their personal favorites.
      The music you post doesn't have to beat the atheist drum all too hard, it could just be the general music interests of this groups members.
      It would just defeat the purpose of asking an atheist mailing group otherwise.

      Since YouTube isn't illegal I'll just post what songs I have and are also there.

      "Shhhh..." by Darkest of the hillside thickets
      -Lovecraftian band

      "Belive in Nothing" by Nevermore
      -metal

      "God Thinks" by Voltaire
      -gayass goth guy but at least he's funny

      "Trollhammeren" by Finntroll
      -funny metal, look at the english lyrics in the description

      "Sleeping Giant" by mastodon
      -not sure if you interpret its scant lyrics the same way but it's still great to listen to in any case.

      "The Noose" by A Perfect Circle
      -"And not to pull your halo down
      Around your neck and tug you to the ground
      But I'm more than just curious
      How you're planning to go about
      Making your amends to the dead
      To the dead"
      =
      sample lyrics

      "Eulogy" by Tool
      -too bad they don't have a trippy video for this one.
      "Vicarious" is also good

      So, now that I put out it's your turn.
      What music does do we listen to.

      P.S. we all have "Imagine"

    • Lito Lampitoc
      Message 63 of 63 , Mar 26, 2010
        Dear God by XTC

        .., don't know if you noticed, but... your name is on
        A lot of quotes in this book, and us crazy humans wrote it, you
        Should take a look, and all the people that you made in your
        Image still believing that junk is true. Well I know it ain't, and
        So do you, dear God, I can't believe in I don't believe in

        I won't believe in heaven and hell. No saints, no sinners, no
        Devil as well. No pearly gates, no thorny crown. You're always
        Letting us humans down....

        On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 4:17 PM, kaiser_flame <kaiser_flame@...>wrote:

        > Any songs by Tim Minchin :D, Black Dahlia, Cocaphony and oh! Cannibal
        > Corpse xD it's just funny how brutal the lyrics are and then listening to
        > fundamentalist christians say "Oh my God, that's satanic" :3 it warms my
        > heart knowing I get to mess with them.

        Lito A. Lampitoc
        http://www.litolampitoc.com