Bo Sanchez' Wealth is A Choice

  • Jomarie Anne
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 16, 2010
      "Bo, can I be honest with you?"

      "Sure," I answered Mandy (not his real name), a dear friend of many
      years.

      "Please don't be offended. But I feel you've lost your focus on the
      Lord."

      I knew it took a lot for him to say that to me. I felt his discomfort. I
      was also disturbed by what he said, coming from someone I trusted. Mandy
      is a lay missionary who has been serving God for the longest time I can
      remember. He was the leader of a network of prayer groups.

      "I welcome your input. Please go on," I said.

      "I've been reading some of your articles and I feel uncomfortable about
      your topics on finances. I just feel you lack trust in God now. You
      depend on your businesses more than on the Lord." (This conversation
      took place five years ago, when I began writing about money.)

      "What makes you say that?" I asked him.

      "Because I remember the old Bo. When you were poor. When you had no
      money. When you stood on the street, with empty pockets, praying to God
      for your bus fare to preach in a prayer meeting."

      "Those were good days," I said.

      "Bo, I'm still poor today. There are days when I don't have money for my
      needs. But every time, God provides. And I see so many miracles. But
      you've become rich, Bo. You're different now. I really pray hard for
      you. May you remain pure."

      I said, "Thank you so much. I need your prayers."

      After Mandy left, I searched my heart and confronted God.

      But all I could find was peace. My decision to get into business, my
      decision to teach finances, my decision to become wealthy—I felt
      even more convinced that God was smiling at me. As crazy as it sounded,
      I've found God in the worldly. I've found God in business and profit. It
      was absurd, but I felt closer to Him more now than I've ever been.

      That was five years ago. Today, my conviction is as strong as ever.

      Since then, there have been many times when Mandy called for help.
      Tuition fees for his kids. Hospital bills for his father. Electric and
      telephone bills. And his ministry needs.

      Each time he'd call me up, he'd be very embarrassed. I knew that he was
      the type of person who would rather starve than ask for help. But he had
      no choice. He was asking for his family's needs.

      Each time, I was very happy to help out my friend. But every time he
      came to me, desperate and troubled, I saw what my life would have become
      if I didn't decide to work on my finances.

      Mandy and I are both missionaries. (I still devote 90% of my time to
      ministry.) But here's the difference: Mandy chose to be poor. I chose
      to be rich.

      My message? Wealth is a choice.

      I believe God leaves that up to you.

      What's your choice?

      To get to know the many opportunities in store for you, and to witness
      the power of teamwork to create wealth from zero...

      Sign-up on:

      <http://www.ca2020.net/> www.ca2020.net <http://www.ca2020.net/>

      (an invite by Joms Abayon)

      09154142208

      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 16, 2010
        If wealth (or poor-ness) is a choice, then we dont need God - is that what you are saying?

        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 17, 2010
          No,

          they're saying that if you are poor, it's your choice. if you are rich, it's your choice. if you want to recieve spam,
          join them...

          LOL

          Message 4 of 11 , Feb 17, 2010
            Maybe... I think s/he's saying that since we make the choice, the power is
            in our hands. God is powerless then... walang choice si God... sumusunod
            lang sa isip ng tao... isang kathang isip lang itong si God na ito...

            Wow, galing ah! Thanks for affirming our non-belief!

          • Fame Cruz
            Message 5 of 11 , Feb 17, 2010
              Look, usually I don't like feeling trolls, but really, today I want to shove a big heaping serving of "WHAT THE FUCK?!" down its throat.

              Moderator, you know what to do.

              (And no, I have nothing against wealth per se, but some imaginary Big Guy in the Sky has nothing do with it. Except if you made your money off convincing people that some Big Guy in the Sky is totally real despite overwhelming lack of evidence, loves them and cares for them, and will give them both earthly and worldly riches. Wealth from zero indeed.)

              -F

              Poor is the man
              Whose pleasures depend
              On the permission of another
              -Madonna, "Justify My Love"

              New Email names for you!
              Hurry before someone else does!

            • Jarris Ruiz
              Message 6 of 11 , Feb 17, 2010
                I think it's saying that if you choose to be poor, God will find ways in
                depriving you the riches so that you will remain poor. Otherwise if you
                choose to be rich, God will find ways to make you rich.. hmmm sunod-sunoran
                lang pala ang diyos sa atin

              • hanston
                Message 7 of 11 , Feb 17, 2010
                  Honestly, religion and the concept of salvation, divine judgement and all the sort of predestination only reflects much of people's anxiety. Religion to me isnt very different from superstitions, astrology, feng shui, and fortune telling and it only says so much about our primitive ways of thinking, that we have this utmost desire to appease ourselves with the unknown. that somehow by doing charms and chants and practicing a particular belief we can dictate and have control over something we obviously dont have, like death and what happens beyond life.

                  It is very clear, people make g*d(s) the way they see him fit their needs (and wants, mostly). And honestly people, they should grow up and isnt it a bit to archaic not to mention childish after all?

                  --- In pinoy_atheists@yahoogroups.com, Jarris Ruiz <jarris.ruiz@...> wrote:

                  > I think it's saying that if you choose to be poor, God will find ways in
                  > depriving you the riches so that you will remain poor. Otherwise if you
                  > choose to be rich, God will find ways to make you rich.. hmmm sunod-sunoran
                  > lang pala ang diyos sa atin
                  >
                  > On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 2:14 AM, Michael Muin, MD <mikemuin@...>wrote:
                  >
                  > > Maybe... I think s/he's saying that since we make the choice, the power is
                  > > in our hands. God is powerless then... walang choice si God... sumusunod
                  > > lang sa isip ng tao... isang kathang isip lang itong si God na ito...
                  > >
                  > > Wow, galing ah! Thanks for affirming our non-belief!
                  > >
                  > > On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 2:57 PM, jose mario sison <joma_sison@...
                  > > >wrote:
                  > >
                  > > > If wealth (or poor-ness) is a choice, then we dont need God - is that
                  > > what
                  > > > you are saying?

                • John
                  Message 8 of 11 , Feb 18, 2010
                    In other words, religionists actually see themselves as god.

                    What's funny is that this "friend" of his is actually a leech. He said he knew his friend was the kind of person who would rather starve than ask for help. Then what is he doing for tuition fees, medical bills, house bills, minsistry needs? ASKING FOR MONEY.

                    How blind can you be?

                    ________________________________
                    Honestly, religion and the concept of salvation, divine judgement and all the sort of predestination only reflects much of people's anxiety. Religion to me isnt very different from superstitions, astrology, feng shui, and fortune telling and it only says so much about our primitive ways of thinking, that we have this utmost desire to appease ourselves with the unknown. that somehow by doing charms and chants and practicing a particular belief we can dictate and have control over something we obviously dont have, like death and what happens beyond life.

                    It is very clear, people make g*d(s) the way they see him fit their needs (and wants, mostly). And honestly people, they should grow up and isnt it a bit to archaic not to mention childish after all?

                    --- In pinoy_atheists@ yahoogroups. com, Jarris Ruiz <jarris.ruiz@ ...> wrote:

                    > I think it's saying that if you choose to be poor, God will find ways in
                    > depriving you the riches so that you will remain poor. Otherwise if you
                    > choose to be rich, God will find ways to make you rich.. hmmm sunod-sunoran
                    > lang pala ang diyos sa atin
                    >
                    > On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 2:14 AM, Michael Muin, MD <mikemuin@.. .>wrote:
                    >
                    > > Maybe... I think s/he's saying that since we make the choice, the power is
                    > > in our hands. God is powerless then... walang choice si God... sumusunod
                    > > lang sa isip ng tao... isang kathang isip lang itong si God na ito...
                    > >
                    > > Wow, galing ah! Thanks for affirming our non-belief!
                    > >
                    > > On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 2:57 PM, jose mario sison <joma_sison@ ...
                    > > >wrote:
                    > >
                    > > > If wealth (or poor-ness) is a choice, then we dont need God - is that
                    > > what
                    > > > you are saying?

                  • Silts
                    Message 9 of 11 , Feb 19, 2010
                      hmmm...or just that he probably finds it subconsciously gratifying to feed
                      his ego proving his choice of becoming rich is a whole lot better than the
                      choice made by his friend, hence he continued to provide financial
                      assistance rather than be frank to tell his friend that he's some sort of a
                      "sucker" or irresponsibly arrogant to put it mildly? : ) wonder if he even
                      bothered to teach his friend how to fish instead.

                      @Jomarie
                      And yes Bo's wealth is a choice and has nothing to do with the belief of a
                      sky fairy. We have to note that there are hundreds of people out there who
                      became wealthy even more than Bo yet did not depend/rely on whatever
                      supernatural inspiration to reach what they have become now...hardwork,
                      perseverance, and determination - all that it takes IMO. If at all god is
                      required, it is no other than the god within you - your own conscience.

                      On Fri, Feb 19, 2010 at 9:03 AM, John <harmless168@...> wrote:

                      > In other words, religionists actually see themselves as god.
                      >
                      > What's funny is that this "friend" of his is actually a leech. He said he
                      > knew his friend was the kind of person who would rather starve than ask for
                      > help. Then what is he doing for tuition fees, medical bills, house bills,
                      > minsistry needs? ASKING FOR MONEY.
                      >
                      > How blind can you be?
                      >
                      > ________________________________

                    • intertasjayr_0007
                      Message 10 of 11 , Feb 19, 2010
                        It surprises me. People get angry with God if something they don't like happens to them. I say they are worthless people, not because they are mad with god but because they put the blame on something or someone who has no real connection to the cause of their problems. It's so lame, if not tragic, for someone to always put the blame on god or on something else for the trouble they brought upon to themselves. Some people blame god for the hard life that they have but they are also the ones who doesn't do anything to live better. Most people only dwell on the problem and not do something to find a solution. That is why they're not getting anywhere. Most realize they are just standing in the same spot without improvement and only a very few make a choice to be somewhere better. Instead, they wait for someone to do it. They have this concept of a "savior" who would do their dirty job for them. They beg with feelings of injustice and say that they deserve to have a better lives provided by somebody else.

                        --- In pinoy_atheists@yahoogroups.com, "Jomarie Anne" <jomarieabayon@...> wrote:

> [...]
                        > telephone bills. And his ministry needs.
                        >
                        > Each time he'd call me up, he'd be very embarrassed. I knew that he was
                        > the type of person who would rather starve than ask for help. But he had
                        > no choice. He was asking for his family's needs.
                        >
                        > Each time, I was very happy to help out my friend. But every time he
                        > came to me, desperate and troubled, I saw what my life would have become
                        > if I didn't decide to work on my finances.
                        >
                        > Mandy and I are both missionaries. (I still devote 90% of my time to
                        > ministry.) But here's the difference: Mandy chose to be poor. I chose
                        > to be rich.
                        >
                        > My message? Wealth is a choice.
                        >
                        > I believe God leaves that up to you.
                        >
                        > What's your choice?
                        >
                        > To get to know the many opportunities in store for you, and to witness
                        > the power of teamwork to create wealth from zero...

                      • hanston
                        Message 11 of 11 , Feb 19, 2010
                          ..and probably as lame as crediting g*d to their successes. If they fail on something they're quick to dismiss such case as only g*ds' way, muttering that g*d has bigger plans for them which is so stupid and only shows their incapability to accept situations as they are and has to put the blame on something just to appease themselves. And when good things goes their way they worship g*d for giving blessings to them. It is a bit insulting to humanity, are people really just riding their luck and cannot do anything good without a help from an imaginary friend? Come people! After all whoever taught first that the world is 4.6 billion yrs old? Is it g*d or men?

                          Whatever happened to common sense.