Believe or Not, Life is a Game

  • hager elhusseiny
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 28, 2009

      "The greatest tragedy is not death, but life without purpose" Rick Warren (author of The Purpose Driven Life book (

      What is the purpose of life?

      Do you think that life is a game? Do you ask yourself What is the purpose of life? Do you ask people What is the purpose of life? What they will tell you?
      The answer of the question can't be concluded through observation or analytical reasoning. But simply, they will tell you what is "commonly presumed" by others, i.e., what my father said purpose of life is, what the minister of my church said the purpose of life is, what my teacher in school said, what my friend said, etc.

      If I ask anyone why we eat, everyone will say that it is for nutritional purposes, because nutrition sustains life. If I ask anyone why we sleep, why we wash, why we dress, etc., there will be appropriate answers. We can follow this line of questioning and receive the same or similar answers from anyone in any language from any place in the world. Think about it. Is our purpose in this world simply to eat, sleep, dress, work, acquire some material things and enjoy ourselves? Is this our purpose? Why are we born? What is the object of our existence? What is the wisdom behind the creation of man and this tremendous universe? Think about those questions

      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 28, 2009
        Hi!

        If you are here to ask that questions, then we wish to inform you that it has been asked here in the past.

        If you want to present evidences for your god, then please do so, otherwise you are just wasting your (and our) time.