Re: [pinoy_atheists] Re: The origin of gods

    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 7, 2009
      Matthew Alpert?

      Pecier Decierdo <pecierpoldo@...> wrote:
      For this topic, I recommend the books 'Six Impossible Things Before
      Breakfast' by Luis Wolpert and 'The God Part of the Brain'. I forgot
      the name of the author of the latter book.

      They're absolutely great, and they touch the exact subject you
      discussed. 'The God Part' is even better than the "Six Impossible Things'.

      -Pecier

      --- In pinoy_atheists@yahoogroups.com, Genevieve Bagaoisan
      <genevievebagaoisan@...> wrote:

      > Do you remember the first time you heard voices in your head and
      realized that they were your own thoughts?

      > A friend of mine read a book that suggested that the origin of god
      came out of early humans' way of trying to explain the "voices" in
      their heads. I wish I remembered the name of the book to read more
      about it since it's an amazing insight! It reminded me of a discussion
      about some girl having Jesus for her boyfriend on the mailing list.

      > It does make me wonder if religious people ever recognizes those
      voices as "god" or "theirs" or if they are actually developed
      sophisticated cognitive abilities to actually recognize that they're
      only thinking out loud to themselves.

      > GB

    • Mike Lopez
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 8, 2009
        Hi Pecier,

        Are these books available in National Bookstore?

        Mike

        Pecier Decierdo wrote:

        > For this topic, I recommend the books 'Six Impossible Things Before
        > Breakfast' by Luis Wolpert and 'The God Part of the Brain'. I forgot
        > the name of the author of the latter book.
        >
        > They're absolutely great, and they touch the exact subject you
        > discussed. 'The God Part' is even better than the "Six Impossible Things'.
        >
        > -Pecier
        >
        > --- In pinoy_atheists@yahoogroups.com
        > <mailto:pinoy_atheists%40yahoogroups.com>, Genevieve Bagaoisan
        > <genevievebagaoisan@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > Do you remember the first time you heard voices in your head and
        > realized that they were your own thoughts?
        > >
        > > A friend of mine read a book that suggested that the origin of god
        > came out of early humans' way of trying to explain the "voices" in
        > their heads. I wish I remembered the name of the book to read more
        > about it since it's an amazing insight! It reminded me of a discussion
        > about some girl having Jesus for her boyfriend on the mailing list.
        > >
        > > It does make me wonder if religious people ever recognizes those
        > voices as "god" or "theirs" or if they are actually developed
        > sophisticated cognitive abilities to actually recognize that they're
        > only thinking out loud to themselves.
        > >
        > > GB

      • Pecier Decierdo
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 9, 2009
          Sorry, but I don't know. I guess you may call Powerbooks or
          Fullybooked and ask them. I think it is very likely that they have it.
          I bought my copies from the States, you see; I don't have an idea how
          the stocks of these books are here.

          -Pecier

          --- In pinoy_atheists@yahoogroups.com, Mike Lopez <mjglopez@...> wrote:

          > Hi Pecier,
          >
          > Are these books available in National Bookstore?
          >
          > Mike
          >
          > Pecier Decierdo wrote:
          > >

          > > For this topic, I recommend the books 'Six Impossible Things Before
          > > Breakfast' by Luis Wolpert and 'The God Part of the Brain'. I forgot
          > > the name of the author of the latter book.
          > >
          > > They're absolutely great, and they touch the exact subject you
          > > discussed. 'The God Part' is even better than the "Six Impossible
          Things'.

          > > -Pecier
          > >
          > > --- In pinoy_atheists@yahoogroups.com
          > > <mailto:pinoy_atheists%40yahoogroups.com>, Genevieve Bagaoisan
          > > <genevievebagaoisan@> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > Do you remember the first time you heard voices in your head and
          > > realized that they were your own thoughts?
          > > >
          > > > A friend of mine read a book that suggested that the origin of god
          > > came out of early humans' way of trying to explain the "voices" in
          > > their heads. I wish I remembered the name of the book to read more
          > > about it since it's an amazing insight! It reminded me of a discussion
          > > about some girl having Jesus for her boyfriend on the mailing list.
          > > >
          > > > It does make me wonder if religious people ever recognizes those
          > > voices as "god" or "theirs" or if they are actually developed
          > > sophisticated cognitive abilities to actually recognize that they're
          > > only thinking out loud to themselves.
          > > >
          > > > GB

        • Mike Lopez
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 9, 2009
            Ayt, thanks.

            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 11, 2009
              My best bet Fullybooked baka meron.

              Anyway you can have them arranged to be ordered abroad. I think Fullybooked will do that for you.

              Ayt.

              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 11, 2009
                Do not have your book ordered thru Amazon.com. Delivery charges has gone extremely crazy aside from local charges from your post office.

                eduardo barot <eduardobarot@...> wrote: My best bet Fullybooked baka meron.

                Anyway you can have them arranged to be ordered abroad. I think Fullybooked will do that for you.

                Ayt.

                > Sorry, but I don't know. I guess you may call Powerbooks or
                > Fullybooked and ask them. I think it is very likely that they have it.
                > I bought my copies from the States, you see; I don't have an idea how
                > the stocks of these books are here.
                >
                > -Pecier
                >
                > --- In pinoy_atheists@ yahoogroups. com
                > <mailto:pinoy_ atheists% 40yahoogroups. com>, Mike Lopez <mjglopez@.. .>
                > wrote:
                > >
                > > Hi Pecier,
                > >
                > > Are these books available in National Bookstore?
                > >
                > > Mike
                > >
                > > Pecier Decierdo wrote:
                > > >

                > > > For this topic, I recommend the books 'Six Impossible Things Before
                > > > Breakfast' by Luis Wolpert and 'The God Part of the Brain'. I forgot
                > > > the name of the author of the latter book.
                > > >
                > > > They're absolutely great, and they touch the exact subject you
                > > > discussed. 'The God Part' is even better than the "Six Impossible
                > Things'.
                > > >
                > > > -Pecier
                > > >
                > > > --- In pinoy_atheists@ yahoogroups. com
                > <mailto:pinoy_ atheists% 40yahoogroups. com>
                > > > <mailto:pinoy_ atheists% 40yahoogroups. com>, Genevieve Bagaoisan

                > > > realized that they were your own thoughts?

                > > > came out of early humans' way of trying to explain the "voices" in
                > > > their heads. I wish I remembered the name of the book to read more
                > > > about it since it's an amazing insight! It reminded me of a discussion
                > > > about some girl having Jesus for her boyfriend on the mailing list.

                > > > voices as "god" or "theirs" or if they are actually developed
                > > > sophisticated cognitive abilities to actually recognize that they're
                > > > only thinking out loud to themselves.

              • villas geronimo
                Message 7 of 9 , Jan 12, 2009
                  The God Part Of The Brain book I saw copies at National Bookstore Glorieta, Makati.

                  Adding more friends is quick and easy.</a><br>Import them over to Yahoo! Mail today! http://www.trueswitch.com/yahoo-ph