3463Abolishing the death penalty

  • pinoy_infidel
    Jun 1, 2006
      This is a welome move, IMO, given the state of our justice system
      where abuse and corruption is still considerably common. This will
      also help in our cause each time our government try to get a
      reprieve/stay/commutation for death row convicts in other countries.

      Senate to rush approval of death penalty abolition

      THE Senate will rush the approval of the bill seeking the abolition of
      the death penalty in the Philippines, Senator Joker Arroyo said on

      Arroyo, who chairs the committee on justice and human rights, said he
      would sponsor the bill for plenary debates in the afternoon. He said
      he was optimistic it would be approved before Congress adjourns next week.

    • Show all 16 messages in this topic